• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 231

This chapter was an introduction to the starting 5 for Seirin and Rakuzan. We finally get to meet the 5th player from Rakuzan and his name is Chihiro Mayuzumi. The funny thing with his introduction someone commented that he looked familiar. That's strange because I don't recognize him but if I had to guess he attended the same middle school of the G.o.M.

I think we finally get to the game in the next chapter.

Stulaw

Sun-Ken Rock 55-124
Went on a binge laster night and read this for about 3 hours or so, it's so good,
Now that Yumin knows that Ken's the Boss, I'm guessing that her father's the next target, and then the Don Corleone look alike.
I have a feeling that something will eventually
kill Ken and his gang, or maybe Tae-Soo
. Anyway, I'm going to wait a year for the next arc to be over with to focus on Uni, I'll probably do the same for other manga as well.

I do however, wish I could buy the manga in English.

Conan-san

Nisekoi 92

Yeah, cuz that's how Eyes totally work. Jesus H Christ on Bike in Space it's like Medaka Box ended and the author took it as a challenge to make something that was worse than that piece of meta-textual bullshit.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Stealing a bankai power as not The same as stealing a zampakto spirit. They can't go bankai anymore, but they can still use spirits to shikai.

Right, that's exactly my point. If it WAS stealing the spirit, and took both bankai and shikai, it wouldn't have been so shocking. Stealing only the bankai portion is what's weird, since we've never had any reason to think the bankai was separate from the rest of the sword spirit in a way that would allow it to be stolen. Repressed, negated, sure, since that's a holistic thing applied to the sword. But severed? We'll need some more backstory to explain that one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Right, that's exactly my point. If it WAS stealing the spirit, and took both bankai and shikai, it wouldn't have been so shocking. Stealing only the bankai portion is what's weird, since we've never had any reason to think the bankai was separate from the rest of the sword spirit in a way that would allow it to be stolen. Repressed, negated, sure, since that's a holistic thing applied to the sword. But severed? We'll need some more backstory to explain that one.

Stealing a bankai is like if Team Rocket stole Charizard, but then Ash still had Charmeleon.

Tamanon

Banned

I'm sure the backstory behind bankai theft will be rolled into Mayuri's fight when he somehow sabotages his bankai.

Or...you know, Kubo didn't think things through and just wanted to create drama.

wtzgU.gif

Kuroko no Basket 231

This chapter was an introduction to the starting 5 for Seirin and Rakuzan. We finally get to meet the 5th player from Rakuzan and his name is Chihiro Mayuzumi. The funny thing with his introduction someone commented that he looked familiar. That's strange because I don't recognize him but if I had to guess he attended the same middle school of the G.o.M.

I think we finally get to the game in the next chapter.
There are probably more Generation of Miracle rejects still out there. The club had like two hundred members.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know, I think Nisekoi actually worse than KNIM because its like 10 times more vapid and repulsive. Characters in KNIM do stupid things without any good reason to do so, but at least you could argue they are consistently stupid, selfish characters.

Nisekoi is just a completely unabashed wish fulfillment fantasy where four 10s fight over a wish-fulfillment version of the reader (doesn't think he's special but girls secretly are super hot for him).

Seriouspostin' about Nisekoi and KNIM
wtzgU.gif

scy

Nisekoi at this point is a case of just wanting to see how it finishes and reactionfaces.

So I guess nothing really changed from the start.

Just like the plot.

Akito

You know, I think Nisekoi actually worse than KNIM because its like 10 times more vapid and repulsive. Characters in KNIM do stupid things without any good reason to do so, but at least you could argue they are consistently stupid, selfish characters.

Nisekoi is just a completely unabashed wish fulfillment fantasy where four 10s fight over a wish-fulfillment version of the reader (doesn't think he's special but girls secretly are super hot for him).

wtzgU.gif
Nah, Nisekoi is just a stock harem with cute art, Rage Town is a whole another beast.

G.ZZZ

wtzgU.gif

This post was almost as bad as Nisekoi.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nisekoi is the story of the main guy and girl being tsundere for each other, 3 harem cliches that are doomed to lose, 2 side characters who only function to point out the obvious and 2 annoying "little sister" characters who only serve to obstruct the "plot".

It's your basic fake harem story based on an insanely silly premise filled with characters too dumb to remember skin color or too lazy to ask their dads what really happened.

scy

Ippo 1031 - wait that's it?! Goddamnit.

Nisekoi is the story of the main guy and girl being tsundere for each other, 3 harem cliches that are doomed to lose, 2 side characters who only function to point out the obvious and 2 annoying "little sister" characters who only serve to obstruct the "plot".

It's your basic fake harem story based on an insanely silly premise filled with characters too dumb to remember skin color or too lazy to ask their dads what really happened.

When you put it that way, it's a masterpiece.

upandaway

wtzgU.gif
I just saw Infinite Stratos the other day, and whatever you may say about Nisekoi, it's.. it's actually ridiculously tame for the genre.

I seen things, man. Nisekoi is so wonderfully innocent in comparison.

It's a crazy world out there.

dramatis

So we know battle shounen is doomed, how do we fix harem shounen?

I just saw Infinite Stratos the other day, and whatever you may say about Nisekoi, it's.. it's actually ridiculously tame for the genre.

I seen things, man. Nisekoi is so wonderfully innocent in comparison.
It's not the content that's the problem, it's that Nisekoi is actually hideously boring if you're not invested, and slightly less boring if you are invested. I'd say that Grimace is on the dot about the vapid and repulsiveness of Raku, because you don't have that same sort of annoyed feeling from Yamada or Keima, and yet their respective mangas aren't that different.

Angry Grimace

This post was almost as bad as Nisekoi.

Says the dude who makes a post that literally has no actual content in it. "X sucks" is not a take.

Hint: What are you talking about?

Wiseblade

Baby Steps (caught up)
This is so good. Good enough that I'll forgive a blatant attempt to move the goalposts from the all Japan junior.

Angry Grimace

Baby Steps (caught up)
This is so good. Good enough that I'll forgive a blatant attempt to move the goalposts from the all Japan junior.

The caught up series is at what, 250 or so now? At the pace it takes to win matches, I could imagine he hasn't even finished the tournament yet.

I don't know though, he's never beaten anyone propped up to be completely dominant yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom