• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansel and Gretel 1-21 (END)
DmKXYhW.png
A collection of parodies of classic stories (primarily fairy tales), ranging from the hilarious to the downright disturbing. There're a couple of longer 'chapters',but the majority are kept to only a few pages. Worthwhile little read. If you're Christian and easily offended, skip the last chapter.

wonzo

Banned
Hansel and Gretel by Katsuhiro Otomo
An utterly brilliant collection of these nice little twisted retellings of fairytales, literary classics and even a biblical tale. It doesn't take very long and the Post-Apoc Don Quixote, Moby Dick's family reunion, and the rather gutsy reinterpretation of the Life and Death of Jesus Christ make it oh so worth it.

Hansel and Gretel 1-21 (END)
A collection of parodies of classic stories (primarily fairy tales), ranging from the hilarious to the downright disturbing. There're a couple of longer 'chapters',but the majority are kept to only a few pages. Worthwhile little read. If you're Christian and easily offended, skip the last chapter.
Glad I'm not the only one that checked this out.

dumbyugi

Hansel and Gretel

This was pretty funny. The art was good and the parodies were well done. Post apocalyptic Don Quitoxe and the Jesus story were my favourites.

Hachi chapter three. Damn Nishi does not mess around, this book has a future in Jump.

Please translate elDLIVe. Amano gets no love.

And Kodansha Comics USA needs to jump on UQHolder. They could have simultaneous releases if they are diligent.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
UQ Holder

Huh, nice tease on the upcoming characters. I do like the designs so far. Hopefully the immortality premise would prove interesting.

Koitomo! 6

Cute chapter because the misunderstanding was as simple as just referring to Tokiwa by name instead of just sensei. I liked their tears of relief and then the great moment afterwards leading to the teddy bear scene. I wish it was more than one volume. But it has earned a place as one of the best ones from 2012.

Eyeshield 21 ~-101

The first game was a steam roll against amino. Interested in this secret weapon the next team is about to bust our.

Also the all 4 cour chapter at 100 felt like a waste. Though I did giggle at the one of roller skate girl being embarrassed by not being well endowed.

Renai Boukun 01-10

ewFtKDml.jpg

A cosplaying shinagami writes down our protag's name in the Kiss Note stating he must kiss someone or someone will die. Then, he gets his yandere crush involved and this becomes a mess of a love triangle.

This is pretty funny. The idea of a Kiss Note is pretty cool, pairing people up for the sake of love or enjoyment and the comedy is all there. Also having a yandere wielding magically appearing twin daggers is also the best.

Compared to almost any other manga market out there save for France, maybe Spain (?) and some Asian countries but I don't know about those. The quantity, quality and up-to-dateness are just staggering.
Some of the stuff that is not available in certain areas is also surprising. I thought Hajime No Ippo for sure had a good chance of being in Spanish.

scy

Girl the Wild's 105 - *swoon* That art shift.

Renai Boukun 01-10

A cosplaying shinagami writes down our protag's name in the Kiss Note stating he must kiss someone or someone will die. Then, he gets his yandere crush involved and this becomes a mess of a love triangle.

This is pretty funny. The idea of a Kiss Note is pretty cool, pairing people up for the sake of love or enjoyment and the comedy is all there. Also having a yandere wielding magically appearing twin daggers is also the best.

Yandere girlfriend is best girl.

LeleSocho

Banned
Compared to almost any other manga market out there save for France, maybe Spain (?) and some Asian countries but I don't know about those. The quantity, quality and up-to-dateness are just staggering.

Oh yeah from a global point of view our situation is pretty good, i think it's simply because there is more market for anime/manga thanks to the fact that our televisions gave us a lot of classics in the '80s and '90s.

But i'm still mad because they interrupted Yotsuba&! :/

Recipe no Oujisama 01-08

biQP96ol.jpg

An overworked chef-in-training moves into a new house with three other guys and of course finds love through cooking.

It was pretty cute. A nice romantic story and was pretty low on the drama which is pretty refreshing.

scy

I remember a seen between the president of Wild´s school and another president and i thought that things could get very challenging and interesting. But unfortunately that went no where :(

I honestly forgot what I'm supposed to look forward to since the last arc started.

She's the only reason I'm reading that manga

As far as I'm concerned, there's literally nothing else in the manga.

4GcNhWC.png

UQ Holder 6

Touta shows that he's not a total idiot.

And glasses bro is probably the one I'm anticipating to appear again.

As far as I'm concerned, there's literally nothing else in the manga.

True.

Though, there are those funny moments when they create all those Yaoi couples.

I would agree, if somebody published Excel saga in italy >.>

Tsuki Tsuki! 27
Seriously, maid route when?

Kaorun without her oddball confidence is like Luna without her awfulness, i.e. just plain wrong. Could've substituted Hijiri's name there, but actually her assertiveness made her far more likeable in this chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom