• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

the breaker new waves - 130

best girl on the cover

i'm content
3pY2LIE.jpg
Valhallagatari

A doujin that tries to captures the forth wall breaking chattiness and the fun characters of the original and it did a decent job. I mean Senjougahara punishes Koyomi for fooling around with his sisters and loli vampire by tying him up and letting him witness her doing it with Kanbaru, that's totally something she would do. The art is very nice because it's enuma elish aka Yukimi we're talking about here. Also dat cliffhanger.
Without even looking at the page I went to read your impressions and I got depressed it wasn't something Norse related / something like Valkyrie Profile
This is awesome, thanks for sharing.

Theonik

Himouto! Umaru-chan! 26
The switch to outdoor Umaru when scared was cute.
Stupid-oniichan scaring people.

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 19
Yuri, potentially tsun, addition to the harem? Hmmm.... I guess we'll see.
They also seem to want to drag the Yandere arc a bit more.

Monster Musume 19
So are we getting a Yandere...
http://i.picpar.com/Nvw.jpg
Nope. Its a reverse trap tsundere dragonnewt
Actually no. If you read carefully, the dragonnewt was NOT the one that sent the letter so that still stands.

Necrovex

One Piece 442-479

The Thriller Bark Arc. I watched the One Piece anime up until this arc, but I decided to finally approach this property by reading the manga. For the most part, it has been a good experience. Unfortunately, about 20% of the time, I have no idea what the hell Oda is drawing.

The arc itself has been quite enjoyable. Moria seems very lackluster compared to Crocodile. Brooks seems quite rad so far. I wanted to take a slight break from reading One Piece to finally start on a Attack on Titan; I'll return to this arc once I catch up on Titan.

Attack on Titan 33-37

The anime adaptation is done for now, so I am shifting over to the manga. I am a major fan of the art so far. The ability to clearly see the details and the clean art is a major boon compared to One Piece. Of course, Isayama has a month to draw and write his manga compared to Oda only having a week to get everything done. It's not a fair comparison.

I remember Duckroll calling the manga super stupid at this point, but I am digging the shit out of it thus far. The shift on the other members of the 104th squad is always nice. I really hope to know more about the wall titans before catching up to the current issues.

The deviant hairy titan seems like a sophisticated fellow. I could have tea with him and not have to worry about him eating me.

Girls of the Wild's 1 - 28
I'm getting The Breaker vibes from this...so I'll have to wait a hundred chapters before having the MC actually kicking some arses ?

GOTW 29-33
Hey your nemesis, the one who tried to kill you and even hit you kid brother, has given you some sushi as a gesture of goodwill. So what do you do ? Why, give them to your siblings.
OH AND IN THE MORNING YOU FIND THEY'VE BEEN POISONNED.

IDIOT.

GOTW 39
B7maeRG.jpg

God bless the Y chromosome, for it can encode for amazing features in the human body !

Aizo

Banned
Read his adaptation of Frankenstein ASAP.

Great recommendation. I wish the ending was more in line with Shelley's original, but it's a wonderful adaptation.

Just his short stories I think. I read Uzumaki, Gyo, Tomie and his Cat Diary.

These are more like long stories for him.
He has many short stories, though. Many stories that are only one chapter. I actually prefer his short stories. I finished reading every volume of Horror that he's written alone a few weeks ago; I recommend that you check out his short story compilations.

Aizo

Banned

I really like those albums. There are a few other bands that did Jazz covers of Ghibli songs, too.

Let me show you all some lesser known Ghibli cover albums.

Princess Ghibli I & II are collaborations between a few Japanese female singers and (mostly) Italian (mostly) Melodic Death Metal bands. Blood Stain Child has a song or two in there.

Totoro
Ponyo

You can't do this?
Well there's bound to be differences between male and female fingerprints, like differences in size or ridge width, but actual significant physical differences ? Nope I don't think so. Edit : like a pathognomonic difference between the two. Maybe if you conduct large-scale analysis and studies of differences in male and female fingerprints, you'd find statistically significant differences ? Then again I don't know if there are such studies...of to PubMed I guess !
Edit 2 : okay so the latest studies I found on PubMed were from 2012 and 2013... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=fingerprint+sex
I can't access the articles from my home PC, but basically the abstracts say that ridge density analysis would allow them to differentiate males and females (who have a higher density) fingerprints with satisfactory results. So I stand corrected, but I still say that you can perfectly have males with high density ridges and vice versa :p

Damn. What did it in? Last I checked, Sket Dance was pretty high in the rankings.

The author wanted to end it IIRC.

Aoi Shiro no Enbukyoku 1-3 (END)

Huh. I wonder how Momo having a one-sided thing for Yasumi would've affected my choices in the VN.

... Probably not a lot.

Aoi Shiro - Kaeishou 1-13 (END)

Well, this was a fairly rigid regurgitation of the true route for the first 75%. Then it broke away entirely and brought in a bunch of characters from the game's prequel (?), stealing the thunder from the original cast and causing me to lose the plot a bit. Ah well, I wouldn't recommend it over playing the VN anyway.

Himouto 26
Aww. Umaru is so cute when she's scared

Yankee to Megane 198
So now that we know why Adachi was kicked out what is going to happen to her

Actually no. If you read carefully, the dragonnewt was NOT the one that sent the letter so that still stands.

Yeah I know, I was more implying that we got the dragonnewt instead of the yandere this chapter making it sort of filler. I also find the dragonewt boring and she is probably going to be a nuisance in the upcoming chapters

Conan-san

Hayate The Combat Butler 423
So that's done, I guess. Any chance we can get to doing anything of interest or are we going to fuck around for another hundred or so chapters?

RealPG 01-15

DClxCQkl.jpg

Guy and girl signs up for a beta of some new game and become trapped into it, where if they die, they die for real, blah, blah, blah.

Pretty much average. Doesn't do anything really new with this whole setting. I guess the only thing good about it is that it is short and the almost yandere girlfriend.

Magi 199

Alibaba knows what's up. Mor has dem thighs and dat hair but Toto is the full package and most of all she didn't just disappear into thin air. Dude can't wait for an eternity.

Still got mad love for Mor and I feel bad for her but you can't blame Alibaba. She'll get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom