• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
MindCollizion said:
Just to clear things up guys, if you read carefully you WONT be able to save any of the levels that are sent to you from Nintendo it's just a way to enjoy something new and different every day of FOREVER it's like an unknown and new challenge every day in Smash, so if you miss one of them, you're not gonna play it ever again. Holy shit I just can't believe this feature! Sakurai truly knows how to take advantage of all of Wii's features!

Oh, ok. Well, it is super-cool anyway, because it gives you definite motivation to fire up Brawl every day.

Plus, thanks to this game, my Wii friend-list will be filled to the brim. :) I want to send and receive levels, and I want to play online with friends every day, thank you.

jesus fucking christ

I've really been trying to convince myself I that I don't need a Wii. I haven't really looked at any SMG stuff...even though I've wanted to play it since it was first shown. I also haven't followed the SSBB stuff in a while. But now this...

Maybe I'll just wait to get Rock Band...

MrNibbles said:
This would add a lot to the filesize of the level, and would have licensing issues, it won't happen. (At least for sharing).

You can always put a tinyurl link to the mp3 in the comment section, and people can go out and download the track and save it on their Wii/SD card, and then select that when thye play the level.

(Assuming you can select which music to play for custom levels, like you can for regular ones)
you could choose the music
"Oops! Sorry. For music, you’ll only be able to choose from the songs you have available."
what does available mean though?
smash bros Brawl music only or uploadable music that you have available too

Rexaur

PkunkFury said:
now I can remake Hyrule castle even if it isn't in as a classic stage! :D

Shhhhh...this stage better be in.

Just get a bunch of people here to ask for it and Sakurai will reveal it (and other classic stages in an update). Hell, I bet Sakurai will reveal that ALL PREVIOUS Smash stages will return. *starts counting the days*

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Incidentally, hopefully the version of Stickerbrush Symphony in this game will be orchestrated.

Because that song totally needs it.

miyuru

Don't get ahead of yourselves, he never said you couldn't save levels sent from Nintendo. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to either.

To me it just sounded like you won't get to play it again unless you do save it.

Regardless, he never mentioned saving at all. That is to say, he never mentioned whether you could save levels, nor did he mention that you couldn't. Don't start debating this since Sakurai didn't even comment on it.

Dark Ninja said:
"Oops! Sorry. For music, you’ll only be able to choose from the songs you have available."

It means you can only use music you've unlocked. This time, music is an unlockable as there are many more tracks than actual stages.

RagnarokX

Well the plans aren't finalized yet... Somebody needs to tell Sakurai to at least let us save the custom stages that we like... let us be masters of our own flash destiny.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Dark Ninja said:

Music you have unlocked in the game by finding the discs throughout matches and levels.

mj1108

Holy fuck megaton dafjsldajf lsdjfldsf ;as

Alright now lets try to think WHAT ISN'T in this game already??

He's going above and beyond anyone's expectations.

This is fucking amazing.

There's only one thing that can top this - being able to make your Mii into a custom character. Or Viewtiful Joe as a secret character. Either or.

celebi23

Doing some homework for my Internet Programming Class & decides to take a tiny break & check the update

..... WHAT THE FUCK?????????? MEGA FUCKING TON!!!!! GAME OF THE ALL TIME!!!!!!:D

Seriously though, this game officially kicks all kind of ass :lol

RagnarokX

Dark Ninja said:
Remember, you have to collect CDs in the game to unlock more music.

Seriously, who will still need the little blue light in the Wii? The Brawl disc will glow a magnificent blue with so much awesomeness crammed into one disc.

Game of the forever motherfucking confirmed!!!

Dark Ninja said:
You unlock level music.

miyuru

I'm waiting for the day to wake up to a giant penis stage or one that spells out GAF in platforms :lol

Keru_Shiri said:
Seriously, who will still need the little blue light in the Wii? The Brawl disc will glow a magnificent blue with so much awesomeness crammed into one disc.

Game of the forever motherfucking confirmed!!!

BLUE LIGHT CONFIRMED :lol

Remember the fiasco over the blue light when Wii launched?

MGrant

Even if you can't save the downloaded stages, you could always just go make a copy of them yourself in the editor and save that.

EktorPR

Mr. Pointy said:
This is fucking amazing.

There's only one thing that can top this - being able to make your Mii into a custom character. Or Viewtiful Joe as a secret character. Either or.

Please, God...please...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
miyuru said:
I'm waiting for the day to wake up to a giant penis stage or one that spells out GAF in platforms :lol

If you mean the daily Nintendo-sent level, I don't think we'll be seeing a giant penis sent by them. GAFland is...possible. It would have to be a slow level day for Nintendo to send that out, though.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AndoCalrissian said:

Hey, if you're going to change my quotes for comedic intent, make it a little more clear. I don't want folks to misunderstand me! :)

Soo, now... voice chat... we have it in DS games...

PkunkFury

Mr. Pointy said:

I fully expect this. I would be really surprised if Miis aren't playable

GamerSoul

MGrant said:
Even if you can't save the downloaded stages, you could always just go make a copy of them yourself in the editor and save that.

Very true. Inspiration is all you need. :D

I wonder if we could make crazy stages like a square with only one opening that you could die from.

DavidDayton said:
Hey, if you're going to change my quotes for comedic intent, make it a little more clear. I don't want folks to misunderstand me! :)

Soo, now... voice chat... we have it in DS games...
Oh no, no comedic attempt. I just hate Pac-man and want to see the other two characters in the game instead. :lol

Chumly

Well people dont need to complain about levels anymore you can just make your own dam level if your not satisfied. :lol :lol :lol

usea

Honestly I didn't expect them to add this. I'd been hoping for a long time, but I didn't expect it. Same with replays.

Basically this was the only thing left I really cared about. Now I just look forward to more new and varied characters.

miyuru said:
Regardless, he never mentioned saving at all. That is to say, he never mentioned whether you could save levels, nor did he mention that you couldn't. Don't start debating this since Sakurai didn't even comment on it.

Half of the fucking update is about what you can do with your custom-saved levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom