• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I doubt the next smash would be in 4-5 yrs, you dont need another one so soon when Brawl will still be so universally played and popular.

Also, I seriously see the selection of the Stage of the Day being completely random so I wouldn't rule out having a penis stage show up one day! :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I think that's a slight stretch. But if true this would become double megaton night. :D

I'm willing to take it as pretty solid evidence. After all, the interviewer did clearly say Smash Bros. Brawl character.

So looks like your favourite character's in.

Now we just have to wait for mine...

miyuru

FunkyMunkey said:
Half of the fucking update is about what you can do with your custom-saved levels.

Sorry, I was referring to the levels sent by Nintendo, not your own levels or those from friends of course.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
If this game retails for $49.99 it will be the single best value in the history of gaming.

Iam Canadian

tapedeck said:
If this game retails for $49.99 it will be the single best value in the history of gaming.

My Future Shop is claiming $69.99.

I vowed to never pay that much for a game...but for this game, screw my principles.

usea

I wonder if you'll be able to set item spawn locations, which ledges can be grabbed and which can't, etc.

Iam Canadian said:
My Future Shop is claiming $69.99.

I vowed to never pay that much for a game...but for this game, screw my principles.
I paid $80 for chrono trigger when it was released..
it was worth it.

CTLance

Oh great. I'll never leave the house again. :lol

Seriously, everytime I think it can't get better Sakurai surprises me yet again. Game of the forever, indeed.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AndoCalrissian said:
Oh no, no comedic attempt. I just hate Pac-man and want to see the other two characters in the game instead. :lol

Pfft... where is your sense of HISTORY????

(Beats you with cane whilst whining about "the good old days".)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
This is one of those things that I've dreamed about for a long time... but never ever expected it to actually HAPPEN

I... there just are no words.

DavidDayton said:
Pfft... where is your sense of HISTORY????

(Beats you with cane whilst whining about "the good old days".)
Hey man, I've been gaming since the Commodore 64, but I've always disliked Pac-man. There just was no fun in it for me. I also mildly dislike Donkey Kong, but loooove Donkey Kong Jr.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
smash.jpg

jetles said:
anyone else loving the WarioWare:Ashley’s Theme song?
Me I love that song can't wait to hear the full version
i could never understand what she was saying on the DS version

Iam Canadian said:
At this point, aside from a few new characters, what can you possibly add to improve on this?
create a character
so you can add whoever you want

MrCheez

So what happens when you make a fully enclosed stage where character's cannot be KO'd? O_O

miyuru

MrCheez said:
This is one of those things that I've dreamed about for a long time... but never ever expected it to actually HAPPEN

I... there just are no words.

It's funny how many times that's happened with this game.

I mean, with Snake a year ago at E3. I still remember waking up in my hotel room to that!

Then, more recently, Sonic.

Man too much!

Sharp

Linkzg said:
this will be the last smash bros game ever.

that said, Nintendo will release a Smash Bros console where all you can do is play smash bros on it.
I think that may be the Wii for a lot of people, to be honest.

Iam Canadian said:
At this point, aside from a few new characters, what can you possibly add to improve on this?

Metroidvania style single player mode that takes you to different game series and lets you level up and such. They can make it work by requiring you to get items not found in the vs mode to help reach new heights or something.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AndoCalrissian said:
Hey man, I've been gaming since the Commodore 64, but I've always disliked Pac-man. There just was no fun in it for me. I also mildly dislike Donkey Kong, but loooove Donkey Kong Jr.

The C64? Bah! REAL MEN played in arcades.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Eteric Rice said:
So the question is.

The sequel in 4-5 years...

How can he top it?

:O

I doubt Sakurai is going to stay around for the sequel. His sole intent seems be making a sequel impossible

Scribble

Sakurai MUST be looking at forums. Out of every DK song, he chose Stickerbrush Symphony.
Man, this game. This fucking game. I can't get over it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
As a friend said after seeing this update: It might be easier just to make a site that lists what WON'T be in the game.

miyuru

MrCheez said:
So what happens when you make a fully enclosed stage where character's cannot be KO'd? O_O

I'm sure they'll have thought of that. But imagine a stage where there's only a little hole through which you can be KO'd hahaha!

Chris R

MrCheez said:
I bet they have some form of control to prevent this from happening.

Day -1 Purchase, will play for LONG TIME

tapedeck said:

Of course it will. And I agree. The Orange Box is great, but I played Melee for 300 hours, and Brawl could easily double that with so many ridiculous features.

Jiggy

I'd really like to get into Sakurai's thought process once he's done with Brawl and realizes that whatever his next game project is, he'll never be able to make a game even a quarter this full-featured.

Iam Canadian said:
I'm willing to take it as pretty solid evidence. After all, the interviewer did clearly say Smash Bros. Brawl character.

So looks like your favourite character's in.

Now we just have to wait for mine...
True. And come to think of it, Jigglypuff's not a particularly known character, so perhaps the only reason he could remember the puff was due to remembering the codec conversations... I hope. >_>

Oh, and I totally believe Ness will be back due to that line at the end of Lucas' profile. Keep the hope!

MrCheez

miyuru said:
I'm sure they'll have thought of that. But imagine a stage where there's only a little hole through which you can be KO'd hahaha!

I'm just trying to figure out how they will prevent it... Say the game knows when you're about to place the final tile that will fully enclose the stage and doesn't let you fill in the gap. (This would be a stage with one tiny hole, as you describe above).

Well, couldn't you put another floor a bit above the gap so that technically there is a still a gap, but no one will ever get knocked under there?

It will be interesting to see what limitations this has.

Iam Canadian

Scribble said:
Sakurai MUST be looking at forums. Out of every DK song, he chose Stickerbrush Symphony.

Indeed. Stickerbrush Symphony is one of the best pieces of video game music ever written. Glad to see that Sakurai acknowledges it.

rhfb said:
I bet they have some form of control to prevent this from happening.

Day -1 Purchase, will play for LONG TIME
I'm sure a stage like that wouldn't be picked for the stage-a-day feature, unless it was April Fool's day in which case that would be hilarious. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom