• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
-Today has brought us the 11th megaton, and also the 3rd megaton of October--the others being co-op Subspace Emissary, and Replay saving. What an insanely great month for updates.

-For three Mondays running we've had a stage-related update.

-We've now escaped 30, count 'em, thirty days of updates--that's weekdays only, yes, no weekends--with no item. If ever there was a time to predict that tomorrow will bring something horribly lame, this just may be it. :p Not that it matters since we'll all still be on a high from this.

Wow, it's hard to believe we got the co-op Subspace update this month...it seems so long ago.

Jiggy37 said:
-Today has brought us the 11th megaton, and also the 3rd megaton of October--the others being co-op Subspace Emissary, and Replay saving. What an insanely great month for updates.

-For three Mondays running we've had a stage-related update.

-We've now escaped 30, count 'em, thirty days of updates--that's weekdays only, yes, no weekends--with no item. If ever there was a time to predict that tomorrow will bring something horribly lame, this just may be it. :p Not that it matters since we'll all still be on a high from this.
Er... Sonic was announced on October 10th. That is definitely megaton-worthy.

Jiggy

GamerSoul said:
nope, they look like Sonic's. If it were Megaman spikes Mario would be instantly obliterated.
Mega Man better watch out every time King Dedede pulls out a Gordo. Even in the future of the games, centuries and centuries of technological upgrades later, you so much as touch an icicle and you're gone every time. Poor Mega Man characters. :(

AndoCalrissian said:
Er... Sonic was announced on October 10th. That is definitely megaton-worthy.
Don't know how I missed that when it's right there in my document. :eek: Will edit.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
you so much as touch an icicle and you're gone every time. Poor Mega Man characters. :(

Ironically, icicles are the one pointy object Mega Man can actually survive a hit from.

See: Ice Man, Freeze Man, Chill Penguin, Chronoforce, and all the other ice wielding bosses out there.

Since this game seems to have everything we would want. I'm going to guess we would need a Super Mario Galaxy Update this week for the Japan release of the game.

Luigi? or a Galaxy Stage featuring round 3D planet with gravity features? Or is this too much to ask?

MrNibbles

Banned
Tomorrow:
Assist Trophy: Pikmin squad!

Yellow ones throw bombs at enemies, red ones are standard fighters, white ones will poison your enemies, purple ones are stronger, slower, and can stun opponents by shaking the ground.

Blue ones are useless.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
I really, really want Diddy to have a level.

Mostly because I really want it to be based on this level.
If that's the new "Big Blue" I'll be ecstatic.

Iam Canadian said:
Ironically, icicles are the one pointy object Mega Man can actually survive a hit from.

See: Ice Man, Freeze Man, Chill Penguin, Chronoforce, and all the other ice wielding bosses out there.
I amend it to stationary, level-based icicles. >_>
...Actually, I'm not even sure if those kill either. I just avoid them out of instinct.

MrNibbles said:
Tomorrow:
Assist Trophy: Pikmin squad!

Yellow ones throw bombs at enemies, red ones are standard fighters, white ones will poison your enemies, purple ones are stronger, slower, and can stun opponents by shaking the ground.

Blue ones are useless.
Eff that... Olimar needs to be a character in the vein of the Pokemon Trainer; he runs around in the background and controls a herd of Pikmin in the foreground.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Now that my dream has come true and we have a stage editor, I'm going to be greedy and hope it's as robust as I want it to be.

Based on these screens, I'm a little worried that there are only three backgrounds/themes, and not all that many objects/platforms to choose from. I hope that either these screenshots aren't accurately showing what the final options will be, or maybe you can unlock more?

Either way, just being greedy at this point and hoping for the absolute ultimately best possible outcome. I am still in shock that this actually happened! :D

Eteric Rice

MrCheez said:
Now that my dream has come true and we have a stage editor, I'm going to be greedy and hope it's as robust as I want it to be.

Based on these screens, I'm a little worried that there are only three backgrounds/themes, and not all that many objects/platforms to choose from. I hope that either these screenshots aren't accurately showing what the final options will be, or maybe you can unlock more?

Either way, just being greedy at this point and hoping for the absolute ultimately best possible outcome. I am still in shock that this actually happened! :D

Me too.

But even as is, this game is far to awesome.

Zhengi

Tomorrow: Kitchen Sink Assist Trophy

Wow, this is an awesome feature. I wonder if we can add different effects such as collapsable stages, changing environments, etc.

Well, it doesn't matter. I'm just glad it has a stage builder. This should be awesome :D

I did not expect this to happen at all. It just doesn't seem like something that Nintendo would do. More shocking is that it incorporates unique features that aren't found elsewhere. Bravo.

MrCheez

It'd be cool if we had full access to stuff from some of the real stages. Like, for example, I love the look of the new battlefield... I'd love to have the full 3d backdrop with the day/night feature intact in my level.

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
It'd be cool if we had full access to stuff from some of the real stages. Like, for example, I love the look of the new battlefield... I'd love to have the full 3d backdrop with the day/night feature intact in my level.

maybe you'll be able to unlock new backgrounds or use your stickers or something, but I wouldn't count on night/day effect or any of the special hazards from the game making it into the editor. We do have spikes, conveyor belts, ladders, stairs, moving platforms, falling blocks, etc. so its seems pretty robust as it is. I wasn't expecting anything more than flat platform arrangements and angles when i was hopigng or this

MrCheez

PkunkFury said:
maybe you'll be able to unlock new backgrounds or use your stickers or something, but I wouldn't count on night/day effect or any of the special hazards from the game making it into the editor. We do have spikes, conveyor belts, ladders, stairs, moving platforms, falling blocks, etc. so its seems pretty robust as it is. I wasn't expecting anything more than flat platform arrangements and angles when i was hopigng or this

Yeah you're probably right.

I do hope we can unlock a number of backgrounds, themes, and assets, though. This feature is something I can see myself using for a long long LONNNNGG time, so I want it to be as crammed full of options as possible :D

Smiles and Cries said:
I dont get FORGE AM ;_;

someone explain me Forge am?

Really?

To my understanding (I don't yet own the game), Forge is a mode/level/something in Halo 3 where you can build upon this sandy area to plunk down objects and create your own levels.

"am ;_; (cry)" should be obvious.

ShockingAlberto said:
Part of me dares to wonder if the dojo updates are merely the tip of the iceberg.

What the hell would be the iceberg? Holograms out of the orange port, comprised of Light Pikmin?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
First stage I'm making: Breakout Stage

As long as theres breakable bricks in assorted colors I'll be golden.

Visual Aid for the Nintendo dudes lurking this thread:

breakout.jpg

Haunted

:eek:

There's a stage editor? Guess I'll go eat some crow then, I adamantly denied the possibility of something like this to be in. :bow Sakurai.

PkunkFury

Gamer @ Heart said:
Awesome. Now I can make a personal stage for Krystal. Fox has his, she should have one too.

Krystal will probably have her own personal stage already. Doesn't every playable character get one?

Raguel

Man, this game will probably keep me from graduating college. Level Editor. Damn. I wonder how robust the contents of the editor will be though. I want EVERYTHING!!!

I hope this doesnt mean we get less built in stages like Sky temple and marth's castle. I dont want this to be like Halo3 where we only get 11 maps or so.

PkunkFury

marc^o^ said:
Could they make anything more to please fans of this game?

Now give Mario Kart the same treatment!

wow custom tracks in Mariokart would be pimp. Maybe they will do it. didn't they have something set up for F-Zero 64DD?

Gamer @ Heart said:
I hope this doesnt mean we get less built in stages like Sky temple and marth's castle. I dont want this to be like Halo3 where we only get 11 maps or so.

we're almost gauranteed one map per franchise (20 maps) and Melee had so many unlockable stages I wouldn't be surprised if that number doubles. Plus, they will probably toss some classics form the previous games in. 50 unique maps on top of this is could be possible

Hunahan

Banned
I think the "one day only" effect is probably the best idea amongst it. Reminds me of Animal Crossing.

Plus, the crazy loyal Nintendo fanbase will probably actually be able to keep up with that kind of production schedule.

In. Sane.

Can't wait.

Just woke up. Let's see whats the new update..

OMG STAGE BUILDER! GOTFOREVER

and everyday a new stage.

Thanks Sakurai, I know you read this :). now i have nothing to ask anymore for this game. My life is complete :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom