• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
titiklabingapat said:
Sounds like a good start for the WC24, finally. And a nice template for Spore Wii.

Good catch. The premise is all about visiting other players worlds. With the precedent set, hopefully Nintendo will share some resources and help EA do it.

Smiles and Cries said:
365 stages per year out of millions of submissions per month?

the odds of your stage getting picked is damn pretty low huh
Like all user created stuff, most will suck and there will always be a small but dedicated group of people who will be the major producers. Odds are, if you're good, you're gonna get "published".

I don't really care for this feature but I like what I'm seeing with Nintendo's approach to online. It has it's glaring flaws but slowly but surely, they're adapting.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
superbank said:
First stage I'm making: Breakout Stage

As long as theres breakable bricks in assorted colors I'll be golden.

Visual Aid for the Nintendo dudes lurking this thread:

breakout.jpg

Ooh... it's Jobs's only real contribution to the gaming/computer industry... and even then he had to scam Wozniak to do most of the work for him!

Neo Child

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Like all user created stuff, most will suck and there will always be a small but dedicated group of people who will be the major producers. Odds are, if you're goo, you're gonna get "published".

Then just add them as friends and recieve their stages directly instead, I'm sure there is an option for recieving any stages from friends at any time.

Neo Child said:
Then just add them as friends and recieve their stages directly instead, I'm sure there is an option for recieving any stages from friends at any time.
Wasn't that possible with the Dewy's adventure level editor? If so, there's a high chance that that will happen, especially with Nintendo's emphasis of online-friends-you-know.

Tieno

Kulock said:
Really?

To my understanding (I don't yet own the game), Forge is a mode/level/something in Halo 3 where you can build upon this sandy area to plunk down objects and create your own levels.

"am ;_; (cry)" should be obvious.
Forge is a map and gametype editor. You create your own gametypes (like Rocket Race for example, or edit a map into a rudimentary platformer like someone has already done or adjust it for varios racing games) and custom edit the existing maps. You can alter them quite a bit from weapon spawns to populating the map with diffent objects.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Tieno said:
Forge is a map and gametype editor. You create your own gametypes (like Rocket Race for example, or edit a map into a rudimentary platformer like someone has already done) and custom edit the existing maps. You can alter them quite a bit from weapon spawns to populating the map with diffent objects.
Yeah, I was too scared to come in here and explain that. :lol So, I just posted it in the Halo thread.

PkunkFury said:
Krystal will probably have her own personal stage already. Doesn't every playable character get one?
Not necessarily.

Characters in Melee that were stageless or did not have individual stages (at least in the retail version of the game):

- Marth
- Roy
- Dr. Mario
- Ganondorf
- Pichu
- Zelda (or Link)
- Mewtwo

There were four Mario stages for five characters, two Zelda stages for four characters, two Pokemon stages for three characters, and no Fire Emblem stages for two characters.

Some characters got more stages than characters. There were three Kirby stages for one character, two Metroid stages for one character, three Donkey Kong stages for one character, three Yoshi stages for one character, and two Earthbound stages for one character.

So, while it's impossible to say which characters get which stages (some might argue that Subcon is undeniably Peach's Stage, while others may say it's the Castle), there are sometimes more characters than stages for the franchise.

titiklabingapat said:
Like all user created stuff, most will suck and there will always be a small but dedicated group of people who will be the major producers. Odds are, if you're good, you're gonna get "published".

I don't really care for this feature but I like what I'm seeing with Nintendo's approach to online. It has it's glaring flaws but slowly but surely, they're adapting.

yeah so hopefully more than one stage per day would be better odds though. if its only one per day chosen, sheesh

I really doubt being good is going to matter much... I don't think this well be as deep as Little Big Planet... sooner or later all of these stages will start looking similar if I can't upload personalized art assets to be more creative.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I wonder if it will be possible to screw up the Pokemon Trainer's AI... make it hard for him to follow his pokemon along in the background :lol

RagnarokX

I just hope they put in the necessary safeguards. There needs to be something along the lines of "You must place at least 3 FLOOR units!" otherwise people will be making maps consisting of nothing but spiked floors with no place to stand.

Tieno

RagnarokX said:
I just hope they put in the necessary safeguards. There needs to be something along the lines of "You must place at least 3 FLOOR units!" otherwise people will be making maps consisting of nothing but spiked floors with no place to stand.
And no one will play them...If you want someone to play your map, make a good one. This stuff gets sorted out through community interaction.

Jiggy

titiklabingapat said:
Let's not extrapolate that far just yet. >_> Sakurai's not exactly representative of Nintendo since he's not even with them anymore except for this project.
Of course, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin will also have online map sharing, but it's not like we're seeing other major contenders like Mario Kart with a track editor, or Mario Golf with a course creator, etc.

Anyway, I'm done for this excellent night. To think I was originally contemplating going to sleep just five minutes after the update. :eek: And I need it, too, but megatons come first.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
OMG SO MUCH FOR DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME I MISSED THE UPDATE BY A FUCKING HOUR!

Wow. Megaton x 1,000. This is an awesome feature.
But Sakurai, no matter what you do, do NOT let us use our own music.

MrNibbles

Banned
I hope Nintendo releases FULL (with scripted events, etc) stages at later dates, that can be loaded to/from SD cards / Wii's flash memory.

Then, I hope the internets compiles all of the full stages delivered this way, and hacks the crap out of them, so that we can hack together our own advanced stages (obviously the editor in the game is for basic stuff only).

MrCheez said:
I wonder if it will be possible to screw up the Pokemon Trainer's AI... make it hard for him to follow his pokemon along in the background :lol

Heh, good call. Seriously, how is it even going to work in some of the crazier official stages we've seen like Pictochat and that Donky Kong level?

Something tells me that the trainer only appears in certain stages under certain circumstances.

mugwhump

I am now utterly convinced that everything that can be in this game, will be in it. I'm POSITIVE we can play as miis, and there will be at least a Custom Robo Assist. I'm quite sure Isaac from Golden Sun will be playable too, he's first party you know. And I'm confident that there will be a capcom (megaman or VJ) and Square (crono) character. Yupyupyup.
Keru_Shiri said:
Seriously, who will still need the little blue light in the Wii? The Brawl disc will glow a magnificent blue with so much awesomeness crammed into one disc.

Game of the forever motherfucking confirmed!!!
Actually awesomeness is purple

civilstrife said:
Heh, good call. Seriously, how is it even going to work in some of the crazier official stages we've seen like Pictochat and that Donky Kong level?

Something tells me that the trainer only appears in certain stages under certain circumstances.

no I think he will just float on a ready-made hover platform in the background regardless of the stage designed without backgrounds. Those that do he will stand normally

I'm sure they had creative meetings about this problem before GAF thought about it :D

Comic

Suburban Cowboy said:
guys, fox and captain falcon made less sense as playable characters in the first game than ridley does now. why is this so unacceptable?

I guess if you don't mind shrinking Ridley to 1/3 of his normal size to be playable...

Also, I wonder if the custom maps will be playable online.

apotema

OK this game only needs to make us earn money when we play, because we will be lost into oblivion playing the daily level

Jiggy37 said:
Let's not extrapolate that far just yet. >_> Sakurai's not exactly representative of Nintendo since he's not even with them anymore except for this project.
Of course, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin will also have online map sharing, but it's not like we're seeing other major contenders like Mario Kart with a track editor, or Mario Golf with a course creator, etc.

Anyway, I'm done for this excellent night. To think I was originally contemplating going to sleep just five minutes after the update. :eek: And I need it, too, but megatons come first.

I'm talking more about the online and user created aspect of it all. Mario Strikers had a pretty nifty online scheme, with leaderboards and rankings though it didn't have a level editor.

mugwhump said:
I am now utterly convinced that everything that can be in this game, will be in it. I'm POSITIVE we can play as miis, and there will be at least a Custom Robo Assist. I'm quite sure Isaac from Golden Sun will be playable too, he's first party you know. And I'm confident that there will be a capcom (megaman or VJ) and Square (crono) character. Yupyupyup.

Actually awesomeness is purple
Playing as your mii is a shoe in, imo.

As awesome as this last update is, it's got me thinking. You know they're going to want to end the Dojo updates on a megaton high note. Looking at all the Megaton updates we've gotten so far makes me really wonder what we'll be seeing in that update, what could Sakurai be sitting on that could trump everything we already know the game to have? I mean, we've had several HUGE 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party character additions, a Stage Creator, Movie Recording, On-line functionality, Subspace, Co-Op, etc. what the Hell is it?!?

Tieno said:
What special abilities would a Mii have? How would he fight? Like a Mii boxer?
Maybe if you chose to play as your Mii you would pick another character to mirror. And maybe your Mii would wear a cap of sorts like Kirby to let other players know what character you are mimicking.

Tieno said:
What special abilities would a Mii have? How would he fight? Like a Mii boxer?

Boxer, hit you with a golf club, splat you with a tennis racket, own you with a homerun bat.
Send tons of bowling balls raining down at you for a final smash. also can all on mini tanks and cows from Wii Play

RagnarokX

Comic said:
I guess if you don't mind shrinking Ridley to 1/3 of his normal size to be playable...

Also, I wonder if the custom maps will be playable online.
Ridley changes size all the time, just like Bowser.

metroid_1.gif

boss_ridley2_sm.gif

219.jpg

samus_ridley.jpg
<-from melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom