• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Awesome update:D
About pokemanz, im surprised nobody mentioned Nidoking or Weepinbell
Nidoking captures and crushes his enemy's bones.
When Weepinbell catches his prey, he melts it with his acid and devours it.
I always laugh when people talk about how Pokemons are all cute and nice:lol

About Arceus, it actually created whole universe, not just Sinnoh
Pokedex entries are
Diamond - It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.
Pearl - It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Eliwood like his son is a crappy lord. until the upgrade at least and even then Ike outclasses him completely even without the horse.

mugwhump

Dark Ninja said:
you can't play the whole story mode as one character anymore (or at least that hasn't been shown yet) its set to certain scenerios and you choose between 2 characters in each level depending on how the story is set

example: in the 1st level of the story mode you decide to be either mario or kirby
It doesn't have to be just 2 though nope nope can be more yup yup

Fireblend

Banned
Woah, the FE theme... is fucking awesome. I can't wait to play this game >_< what more could there be to announce!?

please don't say megaman

NeonZ

Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Dialga and Palkia created the Sinnoh region. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf keep balance.

Huh... no. Dialga and Palkia were created along with space and time. There's nothing mentioned about them creating the Sinnoh region specifically. It's even specifically stated that time only started flowing when Dialga was born, so there was nothing before it in the entire world, unless you believe that different flows of time had to be created for different regions of the world, which would be just ridiculous, and there's no basis at all for it.

As I understood it, Groudon and Kyogre were the ones who directly shaped the landmass and seas of the Pokemon world, not only of the Hoenn region.

Have you seen Lucario and the Mystery of Mew? Keeping spoiler free, Mew is no chump.

Mew's only the ancestor of modern Pokemon, with the power of every single one of them in his DNA. That's special, but still nothing compared to creator deities.

DaMainman

grandjedi6 said:
And who needs to control time and space when you can have legendaries that control the cosmos and spirit!

SaintSeiya-HadesChapter-Inferno3.jpg

Burn the spirit of your cosmo!

If either of us is anywhere near correct about the next legendaries, I will die laughing.

Error said:
Eliwood like his son is a crappy lord. until the upgrade at least and even then Ike outclasses him completely even without the horse.

I fail to see how an Ike comparison is especially valid. The general trend in recent Fire Emblem games have been for the characters in general to become stronger - just compare Titania to Seth to Marcus (Young) to Marcus (Old).

That aside, Eliwood is in no way a crappy Lord. Lyn has a high chance of getting strength-screwed, whereas Hector has a high chance to become Speed screwed - both of these stats are amongst the most important out of 7 that can grow, esp. in HHM. Eliwood has average to above average growth in all areas which means that he is, in the long run, going to be the most reliable of your Lords not to get badly hurt in any one vital area.

Furthermore, in HHM he beats out Hector by a country mile thanks to Hector agonizingly late promotion - nevermind the fact that Eliwood's promotion weapon outclasses both Lyn and Hector. Hector gets swords - a sideways move at best, although it does help with his relatively low strength. Lyn gets bows - the most useless weapon class in the game. Eliwood gets spears - which is a great all-rounded class, not to mention that it means he's the only Lord out of the 3 that can survive two direct hits from the Dragon. ('Course, it requires a bit of 'cheating', but... :p)

iby.h said:
sweet, so we get them an hour earlier.

Smash bros: coming to you an hour early ;).
Yes. I'm glad I live on the west coast!

Fireblend said:
Woah, the FE theme... is fucking awesome. I can't wait to play this game >_< what more could there be to announce!?

please don't say megaman
The song is amazing. :D

Cosmonaut X said:
They finish their bout then suddenly the Halberd appears overhead. The SubSpace army attack and the two heroes run to meet them…

MARIO & KIRBY V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY

Actually, you forgot the fact the two princesses join in. And another vid captured at E for All shows they are choosable.

NeonZ

Hm... Neither Rayquaza nor Petey Piranha got the Introductory screen pause, with their name, but, comparing the DK and Stadium invasion's videos in the dojo with the video capture from E for All, it seems that the Ancient Minister does get his own screen pause for introduction. Ancient Minister to be playable? Or is it just because he's important in the Subspace Emissary mode?

Scribble

NeonZ said:
Hm... Neither Rayquaza nor Petey Piranha got the Introductory screen pause, with their name, but, comparing the DK and Stadium invasion's videos in the dojo with the video capture from E for All, it seems that the Ancient Minister does get his own screen pause for introduction. Ancient Minister to be playable? Or is it just because he's important in the Subspace Emissary mode?

It's because he's the main villain (For now) I think.

Why was Fox, of all characters, able to own Rayquaza so quickly? Isn't Rayquaza supposed to be one of the most powerful pokemon? They treated Rayquaza like common riff raff there, and they should have used Gyarados instead.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
NeonZ said:

I think he's just an important character so he gets kudos for it.

Also, we've forgotten a bunch of Nintendo characters that could very well be part of the playable team:-

pilotwings.jpg

Akai

Scribble said:
Why was Fox, of all characters, able to own Rayquaza so quickly? Isn't Rayquaza supposed to be one of the most powerful pokemon? They treated Rayquaza like common riff raff there, and they should have used Gyarados instead.
1) Because Fox rocks...
2) Because Rayquaza essentially attacked itself with its own powerful Hyper Beam...

But mostly because of #1...

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
SovanJedi said:

Also, we've forgotten a bunch of Nintendo characters that could very well be part of the playable team:-
I think we'd probably see Lark/Nester as an assist trophy, he shows up in a Gyrocopter and as it hovers above the stage it blows the other characters back and away

Twig

Banned
I'm just going to take a wild guess and say Rayquaza isn't defeated at all. A little shocked maybe. Stunned. But not defeated.

So Fox didn't own anyone (but it was still pretty badass).

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Fireblend said:

please don't say megaman
Protoman

Jiggy

Yeah, I'm calling no way that's the last seen of Rayquaza--one reflected hit's not going to do it. I'm also going to suggest that Rayquaza's probably not in its right mind during that cutscene for whatever reason (natural disturbances due to the Subspace Army, or whatever) and will later help out in a Dyna Blade kind of way.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Well, I'm pretty sure that the Rayquaza is more important than simply being a prop in Fox's flashy introduction. I mean, there aren't supposed to be Rayquaza in the waters on Donkey Kong Island anyway. (Imagine running into one of those in Coral Capers, eh?) Its mere presence has got to be significant. Its violent behaviour may be a response to the disruption in the balance created by the Subspace Army. Or it might be under the control of the Subspace Army or some other outside force. I'm leaning toward it acting ferally of its own free will, though, since it exhibited no traits of it being otherwise.

I fully expect it to rise back out of the water and become a boss fight, by the way.

SovanJedi said:

pilotwings.jpg

I would honestly be happy to see any of these characters in the game in any form if not only to boast awareness of a necessary update to the franchise. I loved this game.

Innotech

Banned
SovanJedi said:

pilotwings.jpg
ah! I still have that game! So awesome.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Reneledarker said:
If I remember, in a poke movie they say that Rayquaza protects the earth from space invaders.

Space Invaders?

Aw, now I want Taito to get some representation in this game. Bub and Bob playable and Space Invaders Assist Trophy!

Firestorm

What the heck. I wake up and you're all talking about twisted Pokedex entries? But yeah, as turk128 pointed out, the manga is amazing.

PA1_Chapter_Fourteen12.jpg

:(

SovanJedi said:

pilotwings.jpg
Fuck yes. Pilotwings stage please.

Also, that FE song is generic as shit. No thanks.

DarkKyo

SovanJedi said:

pilotwings.jpg
Yeah... no. Classic game, but playable characters? HAH. :lol

CassSept

Jiggy37 said:
Zombie Psyduck and a headless Arbok? Crazy.
Yeah, manga is awesome. I havent read a lot of it, but beside from this awesome scene i remember when one of pokemon's froze another one and shattered it into pieces
Yep, in manga pokemon actually die

So is anyone else still amazed at how Diddy Kong was saved by Fox from a giant dragon pokemon? 9 years ago, I never would've imagined a game like this!

Jiggy

Predicting a normal item tonight, ending our 35-day streak as well as providing a slight letdown from yesterday's great double update where each half would have been pretty cool on its own.

The Spinner from Twilight Princess, or possibly a Kid Icarus bow that shoots arrows surrounded by spinning flames.

I'm actually set for the week. This track was all I needed.

I could give less a shit what they show this week unless it's more music or a character update.

GamerSoul

I still can't get over the orchestrated & vocals for the FE theme. Since I plan on maining Ike, this is a boost in the right direction.

What other songs can you think of that would fit well with a more orchestrated/vocal touch? I think DK needs another Rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom