• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SovanJedi said:
I think he's just an important character so he gets kudos for it.

Also, we've forgotten a bunch of Nintendo characters that could very well be part of the playable team:-

pilotwings.jpg

One of the recent video shows a Pilotwings sticker (Was one of the trainers from the SNES game).

This update has confused me.....

1. Where the heck is DK?

2. Why is so much stuff happening in Congo Jungle

3. Why has there been no sight of the SA? Is the area just that chaotic?

Gaaaa! My head hurts!

Sakurai, give us salvation, master!

Pringo

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
Done - click here to see an archive of all the Dojo tracks to date, including today's update.
Excellent stuff.

I was waiting for someone to rip the song. Now I'll be able to listen to it with repeat on and without having to go to the Smash Bros. site. Many thanks good sir.

Jiggy

Frozen Fire said:
2. Why is so much stuff happening in Congo Jungle

3. Why has there been no sight of the SA? Is the area just that chaotic?
Yeah, the lack of Subspace Army involvement here and in the earlier Donkey/Diddy video is leading me to believe that Subspace Emissary is going to be a bit longer than I initially expected...

GamerSoul said:
What other songs can you think of that would fit well with a more orchestrated/vocal touch?

Legend of Zelda Main Theme

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Opening Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLlv2FCpFNo

Super Mario 64 - Final Bowser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCZ-TDy1gP0
(arranged like an italian cantata, tenor solo at the begining until it gets to around 0:34 and the chorus comes in)

Legend of Zelda - Fairy Fountain; Twilight Princess arrangement (soprano solo)

Kirby Superstar - Great Cave Offensive - Earlier Exploring (This song would sound fucking amazing because of it's Arabic-esque structure).

GamerSoul

SuperAngelo64 said:
Legend of Zelda Main Theme

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Opening Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLlv2FCpFNo

Super Mario 64 - Final Bowser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCZ-TDy1gP0

Legend of Zelda - Fairy Fountain; Twilight Princess arrangement (soprano solo)

Pretty cool. I think the DarkWorld and Hyrule Castle themes from ALttP would work well too.

DarkWorld: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sslj06K-Nlw
H.Castle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Xwor94G_I

Very memorable tracks from that game

GamerSoul said:
Pretty cool. I think the DarkWorld and Hyrule Castle themes from ALttP would work well too.

DarkWorld: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sslj06K-Nlw
H.Castle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Xwor94G_I

Very memorable tracks from that game

Hyrule Castle could have an amazing arrangement with vocals. I admit the Twilight Princess arrangement was a tad bit disappointing because they cut out the best part
the most epic part only plays when the four explorers save you by firing the canon
and cut to the classic "Ganon's Theme".

I think a latin (or even better, Hylian) arrangement of the Hyrule Castle song could easily top the TP version.

As for the DarkWorld, I totally forgot about that one. The way it's written is almost perfect for lyrics.

GamerSoul

SuperAngelo64 said:
Hyrule Castle could have an amazing arrangement with vocals. I admit the Twilight Princess arrangement was a tad bit disappointing because they cut out the best part
the most epic part only plays when the four explorers save you by firing the canon
and cut to the classic "Ganon's Theme".

I think a latin (or even better, Hylian) arrangement of the Hyrule Castle song could easily top the TP version.

As for the DarkWorld, I totally forgot about that one. The way it's written is almost perfect for lyrics.

I've always thought TP had a great soundtrack but it hard to compare it fairly to games like ALttP and OoT that have tracks that are so memorable and have really past the test of time. I'd be suprised if composers don't do more ALttP tracks as homage to the series.

Mario and Kirby are the two other series that will probably have great orchestrated tracks. We'll hopefully get another DK Rap or something.:D

GamerSoul said:
I've always thought TP had a great soundtrack but it hard to compare it fairly to games like ALttP and OoT that have tracks that are so memorable and have really past the test of time. I'd be suprised if composers don't do more ALttP tracks as homage to the series.

Mario and Kirby are the two other series that will probably have great orchestrated tracks. We'll hopefully get another DK Rap or something.:D

In all honesty, I think TP's soundtrack triumphs over all 3D-generation Zelda games. OoT and WW included. I liked it alot and I didn't think I would. However Majora's Mask comes in a very, very close second.

I wouldn't say TP had a ton of really memorable tunes when played by themselves ("The Dark World Theme", "The Lost Woods Theme", et cetera), but they did a fantastic job of setting the feel of the moment, the mood of it all. Like when you ferried
an injured Midna across Hyrule Field to see Zelda
, the music did a fantastic job of matching the visuals, and giving you that feeling of, "It's hit the fan, this is bad."

usea

Kulock said:
I wouldn't say TP had a ton of really memorable tunes when played by themselves ("The Dark World Theme", "The Lost Woods Theme", et cetera), but they did a fantastic job of setting the feel of the moment, the mood of it all. Like when you ferried an injured Midna across Hyrule Field to see Zelda, the music did a fantastic job of matching the visuals, and giving you that feeling of, "It's hit the fan, this is bad."
That was one of the only songs I thought was nailed in tp. I definitely remember that part of the game and how well the song fit. The rest was mediocre.

Jiggy

I don't know about mediocrity per se, but that Midna theme is the only music I can remember from TP. Can't even recall the remix of Kakariko, which frankly is pretty depressing since I've been loved the original LttP version of that theme since like 1993.

GamerSoul

Kulock said:
I wouldn't say TP had a ton of really memorable tunes when played by themselves ("The Dark World Theme", "The Lost Woods Theme", et cetera), but they did a fantastic job of setting the feel of the moment, the mood of it all. Like when you ferried
an injured Midna across Hyrule Field to see Zelda
, the music did a fantastic job of matching the visuals, and giving you that feeling of, "It's hit the fan, this is bad."

Well you're right about that. That part was pretty serious shit, i pretty much felt sympathy for her from then on out, it set the mood perfectly. Gerudo Desert was a great track too, it doesn't match Gerudo Valley but it gets the job done.

The only track I kinda thought was very cool yet confusing was the Hidden Village one. It has like a Wild West feel to it with shooting down orcs and stuff but I keep thinking to myself that this was the home to Sheikahs.

SuperAngelo64 said:
In all honesty, I think TP's soundtrack triumphs over all 3D-generation Zelda games. OoT and WW included. I liked it alot and I didn't think I would. However Majora's Mask comes in a very, very close second.

heh, to each his own.

CreatureX3 said:
Majora's Mask soundtrack was so amazing. Here is one of my favorite tracks:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPkDZfnMV9g

I had a feeling it might be that:lol , My brother was stuck on that part for so long that it got into my head and wouldn't leave, for days.

Jiggy

A character wouldn't be surprising. It's been seven days of updates since Dedede already and we've only gone that long without a profile four times previously.

And yeah, Marth specifically would be awesome since there'd be some crow-eating and all that. >_>

Rindain

Banned
Predicting a character for sure (and I will until we get another one).

I'm guessing a New Challenger to fill in that last row of 4 Newcomers.

It'll be Ridley, Midna, Captain Olimar, or ... I'm not gonna say it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SuperAngelo64 said:
In all honesty, I think TP's soundtrack triumphs over all 3D-generation Zelda games. OoT and WW included.

No offense, but you're stark raving mad!

Rindain said:
Predicting a character for sure (and I will until we get another one).

I'm guessing a New Challenger to fill in that last row of 4 Newcomers.

It'll be Ridley, Midna, Captain Olimar, or ... I'm not gonna say it.
I shall....

Krystal
! :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
In all honesty, the only songs I really need that haven't yet been confirmed are Pollyanna (vocals), Battle with Giygas (it would fit in New Pork City, seeing as this theme is also associated with
Pokey
), a remix of Lower Norfair, and a Halberd remix.

Predicting an item tonight.

You know, if this no-item streak keeps up, you might want to remove it from your count, Jiggy. Then again, the first update that occurs after removing items from your stats would undoubtedly be an item.

Sharp

OoT has the best of the 3D Zelda soundtracks, hands down. I'd honestly put it above the 2D ones as well. That said, where indeed is Captain Falcon?

A number of items from past Smash games appear in this one as well. But, of course, there are naturally many people who have never played any of those games. And even if you have, I still think I ought to explain these.

It’s not all of them, but I would like to introduce a few.

<Beam Sword>

item11_071106a-l.jpg

It is a blade of light—the Beam Sword.

item11_071106b-l.jpg

This time it gets REALLY long!

<Fire Flower>

item11_071106c-l.jpg

Hold down the button to release a fire burst!

<Freezie>

item11_071106d-l.jpg

Throw it at someone to freeze them.

<Home-Run Bat>

item11_071106e-l.jpg

Do a side-smash to hit a home run!

item11_071106f-l.jpg

This time, everyone has a different stance.

<Party Ball>

item11_071106g-l.jpg

Items pour out from inside.

<Super Mushroom>

item11_071106h-l.jpg

When you get the mushroom...

item11_071106i-l.jpg

You become gigantic!

These are just some of the items that intensify the slapstick nature of this game. You must master them all!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Well, I must eat crow and humble pie. The very night I suggest removing items from Jiggy's stats is the night he drops items on us.

The beam sword looks much cooler this time around.

And seeing Sonic wield a Fire Flower is surreal.

Sharp

Is anyone else getting the feeling that with the game delayed he had to make up some updates that he otherwise wouldn't have bothered with? 'Cause yeah, I'm feeling that.

Haunted

Nice, nice.

Awesome update for tourney players. It's a bunch of stuff they've never seen before!

And Link's homerun stance looks... unique.

edit: oh, good eye, DNinja.

Chumly

Lame since its nothing new and just old items but thank fucking god he at least did a couple. Gaf would have died if he did them all seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom