• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Dark Ninja said:
i don't remember this clock thing
item11_071106g-l.jpg

Stopwatch from Castlevania confirmed?

Jiggy

<Home-Run Bat>

Do a side-smash to hit a home run!

This time, everyone has a different stance.
Aha. So I was right quite a while back when I said it was possible that what the NOA guy meant by unique animations was that the swing would be unique as compared to other items.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sakurai prefers playing with items confirmed, Smash is a slapstick fighting game confirmed as well, tournament people that care waaay too much will hate this update etc

Good stuff!

I like the way the old fire flower looked with the petals that spun. The new one just looks like Play-doh or something in Sonic's hands.

Edit: But there will be plenty of up-skirt shots in replay mode.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
LinkAMN said:
Japanese penis-envy reiterated?

Oh, and what's with the early update?

Its not early its daylight savings, which I dont think Japan takes part in.

Darkpen

Banned
Big Icarus said:
Link's batting stance looks really effeminate.
He looks like he should be pitching, not batting.

Looking at that clock gives me an idea:

What if they had the potion thing from SMB2 (doki doki panic)? when its used, the world turns dark and random health items appear for 5 seconds before it reverts D:

Raging Spaniard

LinkAMN said:
Oh, I thought it was linked to midnight PST for some reason (but do they follow DST?).

Dunno, mabbe Sporsk can illuminate you on that

Dreavus

Looking at the last two pictures, I realized that it's going to take a while before I get used to having Charizard as a playable character. For a moment I thought to myself "why is Charizard there? this isn't a pokeball update!" Don't get me wrong, I think the Pokemon trainer and his mini-roster are fantastic, but Charizard's transition from item to character still feels odd to me.

Then again this could have something to do with the game not being out yet. Once I have the chance to get stomped by him a few times online, I think I'll get used to it. :lol

Jiggy

-Our five least recent update types are now Poke Ball, assist trophy, character profile, special moves, and game mode.

-After 35 days of updates, the no-item streak ends and we have our 11th normal item update. Normal items pull ahead of assist trophies, but otherwise the ranking order is unchanged. Come to think of it, I don't remember if I've ever listed the full ranking for update types. Here it is:

Character profiles - 23
Character movies - 2
Final smashes - 14
Special moves - 12
Stages - 16
Assist trophies - 10, stealth Lakitu counted
Normal items - 11, stealth Lip's Stick/Mr. Saturn not counted
Poke Balls - 6, stealth Chikorita/Goldeen/others not counted
How to Play - 13
Game modes - 13, stealth Replays counted
Story mode updates - 9
Music - 14, Cooking Navi counted
Notices - 3

Also, I'm getting my prediction in early.

We've gone through 8 updates without a character profile, which has only happened or been surpassed three times before: from Pit to Kirby/Pikachu (eight updates), Diddy to Meta Knight (nine), and Sonic to King Dedede (ten).
Additionally, 7 out of 23 characters have appeared on a Wednesday, or in other words ~30.4% of profiles. I'll be predicting a character, but is it a veteran?
Well... Out of those 7 Wednesday characters, 5 have been newcomers. (And because we only know 11 new challengers, this means that ~45.5% of them have shown up on Wednesday.) So the likelihood is tilted toward newcomers historically, but I'll add in the Sakurai Factor of Random and assume it's a veteran.

Jigglypuff tomorrow. Edit: And the Classic mode coins are used like a score so that challengers recognize your skill and will challenge you.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
LinkAMN said:
Oh, I thought it was linked to midnight PST for some reason (but do they follow DST?).

Japan does not follow DST. USA just ended DST. So now all updates for the US are now an hour earlier to us

Link Man

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Japan does not follow DST. USA just ended DST. So now all updates for the US are now an hour earlier to us
Alright, thanks. That covered all of my questions.

*Not being sarcastic, even if it sounds that way.

Neo Child

Banned
Speevy said:
I wonder if Giant Bowser is bigger than Giant Charizard

Giga Bowser with Super Mushroom in Giant Melee.

If you guys want to see something huge, play Melee, giant melee, choose Mario.

Get a super mushroom to double your size, then taunt to like double THAT size! Beat that.

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
I just realized.

Because of codecs.

David Hayter knows every single character (unlockable too) that will be in Brawl.
This was known a while ago. I think someone even tried pressing Hayter for information. He won't talk, even under torture.

M3wThr33

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
I just realized.

Because of codecs.

David Hayter knows every single character (unlockable too) that will be in Brawl.

And all the MGS4 spoilers. He knows EVERYTHING.

And the ending to the 4th X-Men movie.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
RagnarokX said:
Well this was a crappy update...

It had to be done:
poke9000.gif

Random awesomeness. Save that!

I still can't get over how awesome that video was from yesterday. Looks so goooooooooood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom