• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
It's time.

9sxwmu.gif

Jiggy37 said:
Maybe as a followup to having six "veteran" items in one day, we'll get two veteran characters, like we used to back in the ancient times of Mario + Link and Kirby + Pikachu. >_>
Sheik + Young Link (cel-shaded) would be nice. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I don't like Metal Gear, but this guy seems cool enough.

Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.

Too true, Sakurai. Too true.

assist11_071107a.jpg

If Snake is going to be joining the brawl, then it should be fine to have someone else from the Metal Gear world join as an Assist Trophy, right?

Frank Jaeger, the Gray Fox, appears!

assist11_071107b-l.jpg

Oh! Cool mono-eye!

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.

assist11_071107c-l.jpg

He slices over and over with his back-handed grip.

By the way, he reflects projectiles.

assist11_071107d-l.jpg

PA-SHEEN!

assist11_071107e-l.jpg

Gray Fox faces off with Snake.

Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.

===================================================

Surely you’ve learned how to shield to protect yourself. Have you learned that yet? Good. You’ve learned.

Then next up is grabbing. And throwing!

basic08_071107a-l.jpg

Press the attack button while shielding...

basic08_071107b-l.jpg

And grab at your opponent!

If you press the attack button while shielding, you’ll grab. Give a try next time you’re shielding.

basic08_071107c-l.jpg

Block your enemy’s attack with your shield!

basic08_071107d-l.jpg

Then just press the attack button to grab your enemy!

basic08_071107e-l.jpg

Tilt the Control Stick in any direction you like to throw!

basic08_071107f-l.jpg

Then pursue with combo attacks!

And so on.

Grabs are also effective against enemies that are protecting themselves with their own shields. Shield against attacks, then grab. Or dodge. If you can understand this flow, you’ll find they add a dimension that changes the simple charging attack.

At any rate, get in the habit of shielding when you’re in trouble. Then you can think about what comes next.

fernoca

This goes along with the semi-old rumor of multiple third party charatcers from the same franchise..

Playable Sonic with Nights as an assist trophy...Pac-Man and the ghosts...etc...

Hmm...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
This continues to support my theory that Smash 101 updates are going to be paired with more interesting updates from here on out.

Hero

So three of the Assist Trophies we've seen so far have been a character that wields a sword. (Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Gray Fox) Sakurai sword fetish confirmed?

What other sword wielders could there be?

Edit:

Forgot the Sin & Punishment character.

Baryn

Banned
Haha, Kojima is responsible for Cyborg Ninja being an assist trophy. I know it! For the past ten years, he hasn't allowed us to play as the anti-hero ninja, and he has done it on purpose.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Is Shin and Punishment a Nintendo title? I thought that was 3rd party

Anyways, cool update, now I'm expecting a Meryl Assist too.

Baryn said:
Haha, Kojima is responsible for Cyborg Ninja being an assist trophy. I know it! For the past ten years, he hasn't allowed us to play as the anti-hero ninja, and he has done it on purpose.
Soon it will be revealed that all playable characters are replaced by Raiden after 2 hours of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom