• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Grey Fox? Fucking awesome.

Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.
:bow :bow Sakurai

the androgyne said:
snake-nothing.gif
wow. :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Gray fox assist trophy! What a fucking good update.

Too bad he's only an assist trophy. He would have made such a good playable character.

rakka

Oh! Cool mono-eye!

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.
hmm, there is hope after all :)

I was half right on an Assist Trophy...

disappointing week so far. Fire Emblem music sucked, we already knew about Wednesday's items, and that video had nothing to do with the gameplay, really.

Holy Order Sol said:

I am just not a fan of the japanese lyrics in the background.

I understand the game is being developed in Japan, but I am going to be playing the English version. Can't they get the English lyrics in the background? I am not racist or anything but I don't speak japanese...

Latin? I did not know that.

Still, I would like to know what is being said.

It reminds me of all the whining(not on this site, but from Smashboards, etc.) from that Wario Ware Ashley song, how the American version sucked and Americans should have gotten the Japanese lyrics. Why? Don't you want to know what is being said?

Somnid

Magic Mile said:

It reminds me of all the whining(not on this site, but from Smashboards, etc.) from that Wario Ware Ashley song, how the American version sucked and Americans should have gotten the Japanese lyrics. Why? Don't you want to know what is being said?

I liked the American version better but not for that reason.

Magic Mile said:

I'd like to know too, but that doesn't mean I want the lyrics to be actually sung in a language I understand. A written translation will do.
Also my first language is French, but I'd rather get punched in the face than have every song in every game in that language.

MisterHero

Magic Mile said:

It's on the website.

Sakurai said:
We’re using an extravagant chorus with the Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme, right? Well, when we recorded it, we also created and recorded the Fire Emblem theme with the same members.

In Japan, the lyrics used in commercials are quite famous ("♪If danger approaches, retreat helter-skelter!"), but in taking it worldwide, I’ve reflected on the Fire Emblem world and done the lyrics in Latin.

If you were to write them in English, they would go something like this:

Fire Emblem, companions walk
The endless path together.

In the wavering shadow of spite,
Our home is faced by the oncoming spear,
Engulfed in flames.

I keep that unforgettable day in my heart
And now rise up together with my companions.

Fire Emblem, our bond shall be never broken.

We hold fast to protect tomorrow
And the one who awaits our return.

Fire Emblem, light gathers on the flag we unfurl.

Fire Emblem, we gaze upon the multitude of stars,
Gripping our blades.

If we do not bring light to the darkness in these lands,
The shooting stars will soar over a wasteland.

Fire Emblem, on whom does the morning sun shine
As she climbs over the edge of battle?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
..pakbeka.. said:
maybe ninja raiden will be the playable ninja

Biospark is the better ninja.

biospark.png

Unfortunately, Kirby is unlikely to get any more characters.

Magic Mile said:

I like the lyrics to Ashley's Theme. I just wish the singer for Ashley sounded more like how the character should.

She's better than the Ashley singer in the Japanese version of the original WarioWare song, though.

Grecco

I wonder how many Third Party Characters as Assist Trophies will show up now..

cause i want Phoenix Wright :lol HOLD IT!

Magic Mile said:
I am just not a fan of the japanese lyrics in the background.

I understand the game is being developed in Japan, but I am going to be playing the English version. Can't they get the English lyrics in the background? I am not racist or anything but I don't speak japanese...
While you've already been corrected like nine times, I'd still like to let you know I'm laughing at you really hard.

Haunted

I'm guessing we'll get at least one AT for every 3rd party franchise represented by a playable character. We know about Tails/Sonic and Grey Fox/Snake so far.

I wonder if the already confirmed Capcom AT (Viewtiful Joe)
shut up, Ektor :p
means that Zero (or Rush)/Megaman won't happen. :/

XiaNaphryz said:
Zero Suit Samus agrees.
Where is that from?

Haunted One said:
I'm guessing we'll get at least one AT for every 3rd party franchise represented by a playable character. We know about Tails/Sonic and Grey Fox/Snake so far.

I wonder if the already confirmed Capcom AT (Viewtiful Joe)
shut up, Ektor :p
means that Zero (or Rush)/Megaman won't happen. :/

Where is that from?
Wait, what? Tails and Viewtiful Joe assist trophies? Where was this said/shown?

castle007

Banned
Awesome updates

And they have been showing Snake's ass a lot. This leads me to believe that there is going to be a megaton announcement that involves his ass.

Gray Fox would have been better as an actual character but i cant complain because he is still in the game, still holding out for alien solider to be announced

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hydro_Alexis said:
Gray Fox would have been better as an actual character but i cant complain because he is still in the game, still holding out for alien solider to be announced

After finally having the chance to play it, via VC, I'm with you on that on. The sound should pop in *emergency*, and they should come out using the phoenix dash and homing weapon.

Vlad

AndoCalrissian said:
Wait, what? Tails and Viewtiful Joe assist trophies? Where was this said/shown?

There's no footage to absolutely confirm it, but there were reports from E for All about the Tails trophy.

I've got no idea where the Viewtiful Joe one's coming from, though.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Linkzg said:
MGS4 Raiden?! come on!?

I don't think Raiden is eligible, as he's a character who has never been on a Nintendo platform? (Though I guess some of those Metal Gears from the Shadow Moses stage have never been in a Nintendo game either, so maybe only the SERIES has to be eligible, and whatever elements are used don't matter?) Who knows exactly how the rules work...

woxel1 said:
Where did they say Kirby can't swallow Assist Trophies?

This post needs more attention. Holy shit that is the most awesomest idea evaaaar!

I've been thinking about reasons as to why Kirby wasn't playable at E4. (Other than the fact that they weren't ready to show off the Kirby Hats... but to me that doesn't really seem like a big enough reason). Maybe it could be because of what you mentioned? :D

Another idea I had was, what would you guys think if they made this change to how Kirby plays: once Kirby swallows an enemy, he gets ALL of their B moves now (instead of just their neutral B move)? Kirby only uses his own B moves when he hasn't stolen anyone's powers, otherwise he takes the whole B arsenal of the character he absorbs! It'd actually be more like the Kirby games, where Kirby gains multiple different attacks from one enemy. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
By the way, I was browsing some old posts and check this out:

Me on October 25 said:
[While speculating about bosses] Pokemon: I wouldn't be surprised to see a Legendary gone rogue, like Dialga, be used as a boss battle.

Okay, so I got the specific Pokemon wrong, but I think I called this one.

(I'm assuming you actually get to fight that Rayquaza.)

MrCheez said:
I don't think Raiden is eligible, as he's a character who has never been on a Nintendo platform?
I don't think it matters whether something has been on a Nintendo platform, since it didn't stop them from putting Sonic in there. Although Sonic is in the Olympics game now.

DIrtyWeasel said:
I don't think it matters whether something has been on a Nintendo platform, since it didn't stop them from putting Sonic in there. Although Sonic is in the Olympics game now.

...and all of the sonic games on gamecube.

koam

DIrtyWeasel said:

Uhh? what? Sonic has been in many games on Nintendo platforms including the GBA, DS, GC and an Sonic and the Secret Rings or whatever on the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom