• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

Haikyuu!! 1

As an overall sports fan and a sports manga fan I decided it was time to try this out. The main character is really generic and the art is mostly meh besides some actual volleyball scenes that were pretty cool. I really like the premise as I have never really payed attention to the sport and I like the idea of two rivals being on the same team then be on opposite teams and only practice and play to beat each other. I think I'll stick with it.

Kieli

I wonder if the artist and author for Shokugeki have been receiving pressure from the suits to tone down their eroticism?

It's quite noticeable how much more subdued and wacky the foodgasms are compared to the initial few chapters (not that it's a bad thing, mind you).

I wonder if the artist and author for Shokugeki have been receiving pressure from the suits to tone down their eroticism?

It's quite noticeable how much more subdued and wacky the foodgasms are compared to the initial few chapters (not that it's a bad thing, mind you).
I'm guessing he just doesn't need to.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

The foodgasms were most likely used to give it a hook for people to start reading it. The manga then got really popular so they didn't have to resort to it as much as they used to.

upandaway

Don't mind me, just ranking out the top 5 surprise entrance types (greatly dependent on the performer but I'm assuming maxed out potential)

5. Clashing weapons
4. Taking the hit
3. Cold entrance, i.e. just showing up
2. Jojo entrances (a category by itself)
1. Haymaker

"upandaway be honest, did you just watch the first two episodes of Strike the Blood"
"ヽ(´□`)┌"

Seems that Kodansha usa has picked up The Seven Deadly Sins (V1 spring 2014.)

ibrRwlT2voSmTp.gif

Kieli

Wait, Kodansha licensed Seven Deadly Sins?!

Day 1.

Also hyped for Hyper Light Drifter. Holy smokes. I ignored that thread for a month.

Souma

That dish was really interesting. This book is just fantastic, I'm so happy every time a new chapter releases! Favorite thing going on right now.

Aunt Tits

Lol so nothing ended up happening but......NEXT CHAPTER OH YES

Initial D

Reactions to Shinji's actions were great but I kind of hate that kid now.

Yo B-Dubs, add me! 1478-3803-6229

I too have finally acquired pkmn y (3695-0036-2242)

Added both.

Also won my first trainer battle against a passerby.

I had Frogadier, Fletchfinder, Pansage, Zigzagoon, Pidgey and Burmy (nothing).

He had Frogadier, Charmeleon, Pansage, Riolu, Pidgeotto and Pikachu.

So good.

Aunt Tits

Aside from the obvious he's going to fuck his aunt at some point in the future...

Is it just me or does one kind of get the feeling that the aunt is subtly molding Terumi into the perfect lover so she can have him for herself? Like it wouldn't be surprised if she was the last girl and his sole objective was to make her fall in love with him.

Oh dear.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits

Aside from the obvious he's going to fuck his aunt at some point in the future...

Is it just me or does one kind of get the feeling that the aunt is subtly molding Terumi into the perfect lover so she can have him for herself? Like it wouldn't be surprised if she was the last girl and his sole objective was to make her fall in love with him.

Oh dear.

Dude, that's exactly what's been happening. I'm pretty sure that's how the story of Genji went as well.

Acid bro, I've added you. Gotta wait for 8PM tomorrow for my copy to come though :(

Due to the shutdown, my base (in Germany) won't import copies of Pokemon X and Y until December.

:'(

Have fun you guys.

Damn man that sucks ass.

I don't have to wait as long as you or B-dubs thankfully. Just until 9 am

Here is my FC guys. Will add everyone starting from page 85 to now. Going by 50 posts per page btw.

3DS FC: 3497-0534-3017

Aizo

Banned

For real. I live in a foreign land, too, so I'm using eshop (downloading right now, actually).

If anyone wants to add me, let me know.

I think only krev added me when we exchanged codes for Animal Crossing.
Kurita never added me. I'll never forgive him ;_;

Fisheye Placebo 1

In a country ruled by a suffocating totalitarian government, MC uses his technological prowess to strike back at their authority... by hacking the college computers so he's assigned a hot female roommate. Unfortunately, the girl he settles on happens to be an extreme anti-government activist, meaning not only that MC isn't going to get his wish, but also that his envisioned wondrous college life is about to go up in smoke.

This has an absolutely crazy amount of potential. The setting's interesting, the art's superb, the writing/humour is excellent (it's in English by default). Will definitely be keeping a wide-angle eye on it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Fisheye Placebo 1

In a country ruled by a suffocating totalitarian government, MC uses his technological prowess to strike back at their authority... by hacking the college computers so he's assigned a hot female roommate. Unfortunately, the girl he settles on happens to be an extreme anti-government activist, meaning not only that MC isn't going to get his wish, but also that his envisioned wondrous college life is about to go up in smoke.

This has an absolutely crazy amount of potential. The setting's interesting, the art's superb, the writing/humour is excellent (it's in English by default). Will definitely be keeping a wide-angle eye on it.

is that a... 4chan laptop?

I guess two new books Im interested in from Kodansha is okay, Seven Deadly Sins and UQ Holder. When is Viz's panel?

Their manga one was yesterday, they announced:
Terra Formars
My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
Black Rose Alice
Battle Royale: Angels' Border
Time Killers
The Art of The Wind Rises, an art collection for Studio Ghibli.

Yen Press panel is in two hours.

Lain

Terra Formars
Black Rose Alice
Time Killers

I might have to switch over to your USA edition of Black Rose Alice, since the people that were publishing it here have like, stopped putting out stuff for a while now.

Terra Formars
Black Rose Alice
Time Killers

No Silver Spoon. Whaaaaaatttttt!!!! You could market this book and sell it easily. they are called manga cows for a reason! This market is fucked.

And how the heck do yout not license Billy Bat Kodansha? Anything Urasawa produces he succeeds. Hope Monster Kingdom goes to series, brah has sone two at a time before.

Nordicus

Prunus Girl 39-43 (end)

Well, I feel rather confused in my pants right now, but nevertheless, this was a really funny and cute series

tYt4HeD.jpg

Kieli

Nanatsu no Taizai 50

A nice cool-down chapter after all the insanity that preceded it. It seems Melodias is now a chosen keyblade wielder.

On another note, I couldn't stop thinking about, in this chapter, of whether we'll ever see the up-and-coming King Arthur. I wonder if he's strong?

Lain

And how the heck do yout not license Billy Bat Kodansha? Anything Urasawa produces he succeeds. Hope Monster Kingdom goes to series, brah has sone two at a time before.

Maybe the people at Kodansha want to spare you people in America. I can only appreciate them more for that and I can only wish we were that lucky here in Italy.

Chiisana Koi no Melody 3
BWZQWHWCAAEvHI7.png

Now that the Eiji and Tatsumi finally shared their feelings and at least made it known to one classmate they can finally engage in the biggest quest of all, if they can go all the way or not. At two volumes, I wonder how it will go, if they will get to it fast or keep discussing who will be uke, and such for the next few chapters. Good scenes in this one, and the barging in scene.

Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu 01

iY0JoCml.jpg

The adventures of a boy who tries to be normal and the chuunibyou who sits next to him in class and who drags him into his crazy world.

A little more grounded than I thought it would be. Kinda interested in seeing how far this ends up going or how deep into the chuunibyou world does this guy get dragged into.

Thanks for the help Bass in your list. I finished it off by adding whoever you were missing. If for some reason you don't want your 3DS FC on this list, let me know and I'll remove it or if I don't have you then send my your FC in a PM and I'll add it.

Tactical Fox is the only missing one that I have noticed. Besides Beam if he has a 3DS. Also Dresden

This is a long one lol.

MangaGAF 3DS FCs in no particular order

ColossalLazy: 2621-4012-3841

Mr.Fix: 1220 - 6033 - 2115

Glass Rebel: 4785-4728-9273

BassForever: 2621-2866-7240

Antiwhippy: 5000-2377-2427

BatDan: 3136-6735-5789

Wiseblade: 3239-2991-3463

Wynnebeck: 3007 - 8094 - 4172 <-Fixed, the 72 was a 27 at original post.

Acid08: 1478-3803-6229

DTL: 3695-0036-2242

Crimsonlink: 3497-0534-3017

Kurita: 0817 3728 9603

Gradivus: 1762-3765-8389

Laughing Banana: 0688-6236-9566

Dumbyugi: 2707-2950-8989

Bigkrev: 4339-3841-6473

Akito:3797-6482-5363

upandaway:4914-3588-6854

Kusagari: 1160 9740 3408

Latecomers :b

dakkumauji: 4184-1337-9372

AlabastreAizo: 0688-5267-0594

B-Dubs: 0559-6808-4314

IHaveIce: 1864-9176-1135

Angry Grimace: 5026 - 4541 - 3950

Rage Town

Ok I'm dropping this crap. This is like the perfect manga for those girls and guys that like needless and pointless drama and implications of cheating. Stupid ass shit manga.

Venus Versus Virus 1-37 (END)
You know, harem MCs get a reasonable amount of flak for being thick as shit, and justifiably so.

But say what you want about them, at least they never willingly go along with the Big Bad's sociopathic master plan for completely fucking stupid reasons and then change their minds shortly after said plan has been executed. I mean really? REALLY

mB7BHtm.png

Actually, no, you know what? Sumire wasn't even the MC. Somewhere along the line Lucia usurped her role, and she was much better at it. In fact, Lucia was much better at everything
except for smoking
. Waifu of the year etc.

The infuriating endgame aside, I enjoyed this. It wasn't anything other than your generic supernatural action manga, but the plot / its execution was (largely) competently handled with a smattering of likeable characters and decent art. Also "Venus Versus Virus" is actually the greatest title ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom