• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/5 - 11/11 2007

farnham

Banned
Id prefer a new IP from Mikami Shinji

but with this RE numbers.. Im sure RE 5 could be on the Wii ... Capcom will follow the cash!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Magicpaint said:
Pretty good numbers for UC. Should easily outsell RE4 Wii. Maybe even RE4 GC :lol

It'll outsell RE4Wii week one. RE4GC might be a little tougher. It did 145k first week...

... but it also released in January, so UC has the Holiday advantage. Unfortunately for UC, someone had posted that they were slated for a mid-December restock, which would really hurt the game's chances.

Wouldn't it be kind funny if Capcom ends up establishing the main RE fanbase on the Wii by releasing various remakes before RE 5 gets even released for the other consoles in 2009?

Dahbomb

titiklabingapat said:
Wouldn't it be kind funny if Capcom ends up establishing the main RE fanbase on the Wii by releasing various remakes before RE 5 gets even released for the other consoles in 2009?
They kinda sort of did it with the GCN as well. I mean aside from the RE4 port there was very little GOOD RE support on the PS2, most of it was on GCN.

Lobster said:
FUCK YES!

Those RE:UC numbers make me happy. Japan are gamers confirmed again!

150k first week?
:lol :lol :lol

Want me to pull out them SMG numbers?

RE UC isn't doing too hot on Amazon.com, btw. How bad is it selling at your store, Ani?

Lobster said:
FUCK YES!

150k first week?
100k seems more likely.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Good RE:UC numbers...would like to hear what the initial shipment was (from anecdotal sell out reports, it's probably not much more than 100K).

Still, good news.

tanod

when is my burrito
Tron 2.0 said:
Thank you.

Let us all take a moment to remember that the GameCube was once the best selling console the month of its price drop.

The price drop on the 20GB and 60GB came 2 weeks ago. This week was Musuo and the black and white 40GB models.

If HS did 7k first day, that probably puts it at 11-12k for the week. With sales at 30% of shipment, they probably estimated demand pretty well.

Because of HS sales, I have hope that R&C will pick up some more sales this next week, (since 12k was the first day), maybe this week will be around 15k.

ccbfan

Finally a decent number for a core game on the Wii.

Yeah its not wow great but anything not bomba at this point is excellent.

Maybe they found a market for rail games on the Wii. First DQS now this.

Full Famitsu top30 for 10/29-11/4 is here, some interesting things:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/top30/1211939_1134.html

- Monster Hunter Portable 2 (#25) sells 6,909 for a total of 1,352,931, which surpasses biggest GCN seller, Super Smash Bros DX, which Famitsu has at 1,349,418.

- Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (#30) sells 6,192 for a 729,459 LTD. Looks like it'll hover around a little more, 750k seems locked, maybe 800k.

- As expected, Super Mario Galaxy sell through is below 50%

- Winning Eleven DS sells 11,218 for a 32,723 total but it isn't still above 50% sell through...

Parmenides said:
Investors have reacted negatively.Today,Nintendo Co. slid 3,800 yen,or 5.93 % to 60,200 in Osaka.

Nintendo Co. has tumbled 13000 yen or 17.8% since 11/01(SMG release date)

http://quote.tse.or.jp/tse/quote.cgi?F=listing/EDetail1&MKTN=T&QCODE=7974
That has nothing to do with Mario Galaxy release, both the american and japanese stock markets were down the last 2 weeks.

After the good numbers from Guitar Hero 3 on Wii in the US, I hope to see similar successes also with RE:UC and Nights, 3rd parties should become more confident on Nintendo platforms.

donny2112

Famitsu Oct 29-Nov 4

1. WII Super Mario Galaxy 256341 / NEW
2. 360 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation 66579 / NEW
3. NDS Final Fantasy Tactics A2 51828 / 210236
4. NDS DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series: Deadly Intent 20758 / 96165
5. PS2 Super Robot Taisen Scramble Commander the 2nd 20102 / NEW
6. NDS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness/Time 19006 / 1029533
7. NDS Literature Collection DS 18513 / 79178
8. WII Wii Sports 17077 / 2073504
9. WII Wii Play 15654 / 1632449
10. PS2 Ar Tonelico 2 13816 / 81920
11. NDS Mario Kart DS 13457 / 2514983
12. NDS Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary 12579 / NEW
13. NDS Observation Training 12041 / 637651
14. PSP Gundam Battle Chronicle 11380 / 180306
15. NDS World Soccer Winning Eleven DS - Goal x Goal! 11218 / 32723
16. NDS Dragon Tamer: Sound Spirits 10125 / NEW
17. NDS New Super Mario Bros. 9388 / 4870866
18. NDS Kanji Quiz DS 2 8824 / 98014
19. NDS Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi: Mina San Kyu 8695 / 114515
20. WII Ghost Squad 8322 / 24529
21. PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking! Meteor 7632 / 260585
22. NDS My Housekeeping Diary 7175 / 266854
23. NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World 7136 / 4425070
24. PS2 Seaman 2 7030 / 47876
25. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 6909 / 1352931
26. WII Mario Party 8 6837 / 877287
27. PS2 God of War II 6763 / 25226
28. PS2 Volleyball World Cup: Venus Evolution 6737 / 16187
29. NDS Sangokushi DS 2 6626 / NEW
30. PSP Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII 6192 / 729459

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
- Winning Eleven DS sells 11,218 for a 32,723 total but it isn't still above 50% sell through...

Have you ever actually seen one of those percentages change? I'm sort of thinking that they could just be the percentage sold the first week regardless of how long ago it was released.

Krowley

ccbfan said:

I think it's more likley that they've found a market for the resident evil franchise and the DQ franchise. Sales of the RE4 remake tend to suggest that the RE franchise would do well with the wii userbase.

I don't think a new IP with the same mechanics would nessecarily sell that great and I don't expect ghost squad or the HOTD games to perform as well as this.

donny2112 said:
Have you ever actually seen one of those percentages change? I'm sort of thinking that they could just be the percentage sold the first week regardless of how long ago it was released.
Yeah, for example this week vs last week:
- Ghost Squad from 0-50 to 51-75, same as God of War II, Seaman 2, FIVB Volleyball...
- Ar Tonelico from 51-75 to 76-100

I suppose seeing something like 76-100 to 51-75 is very rare to see and I don't know any examples of that. It'd be really weird...

ccbfan said:
Finally a decent number for a core game on the Wii.

Yeah its not wow great but anything not bomba at this point is excellent.

Ghost Squad did surprisingly well, too.

Japan likes rails.

It's a good compromise to the Japanese aversion to First Person perspective in general.

Krowley

titiklabingapat said:
Ghost Squad did surprisingly well, too.

Japan likes rails.

It's a good compromise to the Japanese aversion to First Person perspective in general.

:lol

Didn't even realize ghost squad was out yet. Maybe they do like rails. I'm personaly not a huge fan of the genre and it's hard for me to comprehend somebody liking such a restrictive game design.

Lobster

Banned
Krowley said:

Didn't even realize ghost squad was out yet. Maybe they do like rails. I'm personaly not a huge fan of the genre and it's hard for me to comprehend somebody liking such a restrictive game design.

Considering the most popular Rails shooters are from Japan..

I'd guess they would be popular. :D

spwolf

Phife Dawg said:
I think it's kind of funny, Wii sells 37k during Mario week and that is rightfully considered weak and disappointing. PS3 sells 55k during the week which had the launch of a new SKU at a cheaper price, new colour and one of the biggest franchises in Japan and that's marvelous? *scratches head*

Of course you could argue that it's indeed marvelous for PS3 but by the time you compare it to the competition (360 is no competition) or make predictions about the oncoming take-over, well it's kind of ultra-optimistic to say the least.

37k for Wii that used to do 60-70k when major new game comes out..... is bad.

55k for 1 day sales for PS3 and 180k in DW software for day 1 is great, since PS3 used do to less than 10k few months ago.

Now, maybe some of you thought that PS3 will do great anyway but I kind of doubt that. I think one of the reports mentioned that it beat sales analysts predictions by 50%, so yeah, its pretty big.

jamesinclair said:
I still dont understand PSP sales

PirateDog.jpg

Thanks to Souldriver for the pic.

titiklabingapat said:
First day sales are in

WII Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles - 70k (50k software only, 20k bundled)
NDS Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou - 35k (60% sell through, no new shipment until December)
NDS Famista DS - 20k
PS3 Heavenly Sword - 7k (30% sell through)
PS2 Votoms - 6k
PS2 Hayarigami 2 - 4-5k
PSP Dungeon Explorer - 4-5k
PSP Anata o Yurusanai - 4k (30% sell through)
NDS Dungeon Explorer - 2-2'5k
NDS Cooking Mama 2 - 2k (30k shipment)

Thanks Kurosaki Ichigo!

Wow. Outside Umbrella Chronicles, it is the reign of the bombs.

Edit: and Game Center CX is not a bomb either. Oh, and Famista DS too.

enishi

Krowley said:

And Sinobi suggested that since RE:UC bundle edition is in shortage, people tend to buy Ghost Squad bundle instead to get the Zapper. We may see Ghost Squad back to Top 30 chart next week :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Ah, yeah. Just forgot. Btw, what is it ?

It's a game based on a show based on games. You play parodies of old Famicom games and have to look through parody video game magazines to find cheats and strategies. It's very... meta.

Capcom really ballsed up on the numbers shipped. I was so up for buying UC with the zapper, but shops actually stopped taking reservations weeks before it came out. Judging from the comments on the Amazon reviews, I'm not the only one left disappointed.

btw, what's going on with the Link archery game? is it not being released in Japan?

Stumpokapow said:
It's a game based on a show based on games. You play parodies of old Famicom games and have to look through parody video game magazines to find cheats and strategies. It's very... meta.

Thanks anyway.

tebiro boy said:
btw, what's going on with the Link archery game? is it not being released in Japan?

Do you think really that Nintendo would be SO crazy after Wii Play's sales ?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Do you think really that Nintendo would be SO crazy after Wii Play's sales ?

But seriously, what's happening with it? Have they announced a release date? I'd like to pick it up if only for the zapper.

Frillen

spwolf said:

55k for 1 day sales for PS3 and 180k in DW software for day 1 is great, since PS3 used do to less than 10k few months ago.

Now, maybe some of you thought that PS3 will do great anyway but I kind of doubt that. I think one of the reports mentioned that it beat sales analysts predictions by 50%, so yeah, its pretty big.

Like someone else mentioned. How much do you think the Wii would have sold if in just a day if Nintendo released; A white Wii with HDD, price cut and let's say Monster Hunter 3. I'm saying 200k+.

sp0rsk said:
RE is sold out in a lot of places from what I hears.

Yeah. And this is where Nintendo's widely publicized production issues will really start to have an effect. There won't be restocks of UC in time to curb the influx of used copies. Still, first week should be ~100k, which I would imagine is above Capcom's expectations. Good stuff.

Eeikod said:
I dont see PS3 keeping this sales for much time, they'll probably end up in 20k~ a week in less than a month. Or MAYBE NOT, WHAT DO I KNOW, nothing that's what.
You might not be far off, if a month from now wasn't December.
Dahbomb said:
They kinda sort of did it with the GCN as well. I mean aside from the RE4 port there was very little GOOD RE support on the PS2, most of it was on GCN.
Different situation. There, the new main-series entries 0 and 4 were announced for GCN, and it was supplemented early on with remakes and ports. This time around Wii isn't getting a main-series numbered entry, but it's still the first getting spinoffs and ports.
Frillen said:
Like someone else mentioned. How much do you think the Wii would have sold if in just a day if Nintendo released; A white Wii with HDD, price cut and let's say Monster Hunter 3. I'm saying 200k+.
If my sources are to be believed, merely the white Wii would sell faster than anything before it.

Luckyman said:
Wow just wow.. how can Nintendo have problems manufacturing discs?

Although Eidos CTO hinted at it http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30407
Well they even had problems with their own game here (MP3). I don't know how there could ever be problems printing dvds at this day and age but apparently Nintendo have figured out a way.

titiklabingapat said:
It would be funny and it won't happen.

Lobster said:
FUCK YES!

150k first week?
More like 90k.

spwolf said:

Maybe you haven't read my whole post. I said that sales are indeed good for PS3 but people proclaiming the turning of the tide are apparently comparing the numbers to the competition. PS3 did beat Wii but not because the numbers it pulled were amazing but because the numbers Wii pulled were bad (considering SMG launched).

tebiro boy said:
But seriously, what's happening with it? Have they announced a release date? I'd like to pick it up if only for the zapper.

Nintendo already showed in October their line-up for winter, so i presume Crossbow Training has been shifted for an early 2008 release

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
DayShallCome said:
Yeah. And this is where Nintendo's widely publicized production issues will really start to have an effect. There won't be restocks of UC in time to curb the influx of used copies. Still, first week should be ~100k, which I would imagine is above Capcom's expectations. Good stuff.

Oh balls

noonche

Frillen said:

This is purely my opinion as a Monster Hunter player (about 120 hours into Freedom 2), but I don't give a crap about Monster Hunter games that are not on portables. The game is best when played with friends sitting around someone's house hunting until 4 or 5 in the morning. The game's single player is extremely lackluster, and the online multiplayer (at least in Frontier) is pretty crap. I see no reason why Monster Hunter 3 on Wii (or any console) would pull numbers similar to an iteration on a portable.

Eteric Rice

alske said:
This is purely my opinion as a Monster Hunter player (about 120 hours into Freedom 2), but I don't give a crap about Monster Hunter games that are not on portables. The game is best when played with friends sitting around someone's house hunting until 4 or 5 in the morning. The game's single player is extremely lackluster, and the online multiplayer (at least in Frontier) is pretty crap. I see no reason why Monster Hunter 3 on Wii (or any console) would pull numbers similar to an iteration on a portable.

It won't.

I hope there isn't anyone expecting it to...

Top Bottom