• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prunus Girl 01-42

zPPnFL7l.jpg

This is such an adorable series.

Sure, the whole what gender is Aikawa was amusing at first, but it basically turned into a get a room already you two lovebirds series with lots of fun things those two did. The side characters were pretty great too and I rather liked there was no silly things like love triangles and harem members to drag this on but instead just the slow realization that Maki loves Aikawa.

Totally one of the better series I have read.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Prunus Girl 01-42

zPPnFL7l.jpg

This is such an adorable series.

Sure, the whole what gender is Aikawa was amusing at first, but it basically turned into a get a room already you two lovebirds series with lots of fun things those two did. The side characters were pretty great too and I rather liked there was no silly things like love triangles and harem members to drag this on but instead just the slow realization that Maki loves Aikawa.

Totally one of the better series I have read.

Wait... but isn't that a... dude?

Pimpwerx

Naruto
Sweet! Naruto and Sasuke killed Obito...or not. Some magical regen power incoming. Pretty wacky way to defeat him though. Giving all that useless fodder a resengan? Why not just have the tails hurl them? Oh well, symbolism and whatnot. Time for Madara to take over Obito's body and reek havoc.

Bleach
So...the Quincy gonna re-retreat and come back with a better gameplan? Somehow I feel like no one is gonna die in this attack, kinda like no one really died in the last attack. At least Hitsugaya isn't a complete puss anymore.

One Piece
Err...interesting, but nothing really happened. The pacing is a bit odd this arc. I assume this is gonna result in a frenetic climax, but that's not always a good thing. Oh well, I'm patient enough. Wait...hiatus next week? Now I'm growing impatient. PEACE.

kayos90

I can understand why yaoi or yuri exists. I can't really understand why gender bender exists. It's like it's fake yaoi or yuri trying to be... well... heterosexual relationships. I don't even... ugh. It's fucking stupid.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can understand why yaoi or yuri exists. I can't really understand why gender bender exists. It's like it's fake yaoi or yuri trying to be... well... heterosexual relationships. I don't even... ugh. It's fucking stupid.

Gender bender as a genre can be a breakdown of the so called "normal" heterosexual social construct, that our dominantly cisgendered society has created to make it seem like the right way to be, and turn it into situations which can challenge our views of human sexuality and gender identity, either for drama or humour.

Also I find manly girls and girly boys hot. *shrug*

Kusagari

I just read the last KNIM chapter.

Stop, Seo. Stop it. Stop beating the dead horse. Stop with this "WILL HARUTO AND EBA'S RELATIONSHIP SURVIVE THIS LATEST STRUGGLE" nonsense. Just stop bro.

And I'm sure curious to what "materials" you need to gather during your break.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see nothing wrong with them.

Yeah, it was more yandere traps meeting than yandere traps being yanderes. Though, it does seem that they are from different series so there are three different series about yandere traps out there.

Yeah,,, read some of the other stuff, and it's all kinda bland honestly.

Risette

A Good Citizen
is this even a real post?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess the only witch even left without her memories restored is Shiraishi right? I guess I can give credit for not drawing out three separate arcs for Noa, glasses girl and Sarushima since no one really cares about that.

Ed: (I forgot about Miyamura and conspiracy girl!)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It might also partially explain how the first anime volume has sold 5,473 copies to date.

By the way, that's just over twice the 2,601 copies that the first anime volume of Silver Spoon sold.

1312044038265.gif

I just read the last KNIM chapter.

Stop, Seo. Stop it. Stop beating the dead horse. Stop with this "WILL HARUTO AND EBA'S RELATIONSHIP SURVIVE THIS LATEST STRUGGLE" nonsense. Just stop bro.

And I'm sure curious to what "materials" you need to gather during your break.

Did you read the bonus alternate 200 chapter?

B.O.O.M

I liked the new Naruto chapter. Some progress and that alternative outcome with Obito scenario was very nice

One Piece: a mess

Bleach: Ok chapter

Horimiya: Love it

Can't wait to see God of HighSchool and Tower of God returning this week. And I'm nervous to see how HSD Kenichi ends up like next chapter too

Acid08

Banned
lololol

The best part is that he actually made them only for the sex chapter. I don't know if its funny or sad that Rin's chapter is actually almost identical to the real chapter with Eba, except he draws Rin naked instead of Eba.
I bet they're all going to be exactly the same. Exactly the fucking same.

I just read it. I actually didn't expect it to literally be a shitty doujin.

And he's doing this for every girl who didn't win Haruto's dick?

I guess it's ok for doujinshi--which is what it is. With that said, I don't like how he's literally whoring his characters out in order to sell blu rays/dvds of the shitty anime series. Sort of leaves a bad taste.

Anura

Gender bender as a genre can be a breakdown of the so called "normal" heterosexual social construct, that our dominantly cisgendered society has created to make it seem like the right way to be, and turn it into situations which can challenge our views of human sexuality and gender identity, either for drama or humour.

Oh come on, you know this isn't true! Give me one manga that does this well. Most of the time its pretty sexually charged and I find that just stupid.
Actually give me more than one because that seems right up my ally lol. Is Prunus Girl good with it?

Oh come on, you know this isn't true! Give me one manga that does this well. Most of the time its pretty sexually charged and I find that just stupid.
Actually give me more than one because that seems right up my ally lol. Is Prunus Girl good with it?

Prunus Girl is pretty good with it. The whole cross dressing is just gentle teasing and such and really a few chapters in you usually forget that Aikawa is a guy and not a girl until someone mentions it. I mean, the series is pretty much full of non-normal relationships!

Anura

Prunus Girl is pretty good with it. The whole cross dressing is just gentle teasing and such and really a few chapters in you usually forget that Aikawa is a guy and not a girl until someone mentions it. I mean, the series is pretty much full of non-normal relationships!
Alright cool. Any others I should keep an eye out for?

Alright cool. Any others I should keep an eye out for?

No idea, I'm not well versed in that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirasunamura 00a

From the creator of Needless comes a by day detective and a by night exorcist. The set up is interesting at least and I guess I just like these spirits related stories. A little early to tell how good this will be but I am interested.

Anura

Shirasunamura 00a

From the creator of Needless comes a by day detective and a by night exorcist. The set up is interesting at least and I guess I just like these spirits related stories. A little early to tell how good this will be but I am interested.
Oh well, thanks for the Prunus Girls answer though

Shirasunamura 00a

Adam Blade is that you?

Angry Grimace

I just read it. I actually didn't expect it to literally be a shitty doujin.

And he's doing this for every girl who didn't win Haruto's dick?

A "literal shit" doujin might be better than straight up drawing cut and paste sex fantasies for fans of the alternative haremites.

Aizo

Banned
I wish the anime/manga community didn't use the word "trap" so often. I figure nobody means anything by it, but it's kinda insensitive..

At first, I was a bit annoyed with your comment, but then, the spoilered part made everything all right. Read Hourou Musuko!

Perhaps I'm not thinking of the right kind of manga, but this statement comes off as incredibly ignorant and hateful. There are people on this planet who don't have their gender identity completely worked out yet. Are you thinking of series that fetishize transgender? In that case, I can understand what you're saying a bit more.

Just to be safe, I'll also recommend the series, Hourou Musuko, for you. Maybe that will help you understand. There's also a film called Trans that I recommend you see.

Jintor

Maybe it exists because there's a part of human society that happens to be a) exploring the ramifications of culturally-defined gender-role stereotyping both in terms of social and romantic/personal interaction or b) doesn't feel comfortable in the gender role assigned to them at birth and longs to see that reflected in media forms
(or c) finds it hot, thank you whippy)

kayos I have the utmost respect for you most of the time but to outright just label something 'fucking stupid' instead of stopping at 'i don't get it' is some serious bullshit.

By the way, if you're posting on gaf, statistically you have a relatively high chance of talking to a fair amount of TransGAF just generally posting. I think I know at least five members off the top of my head.

TrueBlue

Agreed on all points.

girly boys >>>>>manly girls

Anura

I wish the anime/manga community didn't use the word "trap" so often. I figure nobody means anything by it, but it's kinda insensitive..

At first, I was a bit annoyed with your comment, but then, the spoilered part made everything all right. Read Hourou Musuko!

Perhaps I'm not thinking of the right kind of manga, but this statement comes off as incredibly ignorant and hateful. There are people on this planet who don't have their gender identity completely worked out yet. Are you thinking of series that fetishize transgender? In that case, I can understand what you're saying a bit more.

Just to be safe, I'll also recommend the series, Hourou Musuko, for you. Maybe that will help you understand. There's also a film called Trans that I recommend you see.

That's exactly why I worded it like that. Thanks for the suggestion, that's Wandering Son right? I have heard of that one but was always daunted to start it because of how long it is (I'm not that big into manga). I might have to make a more serious attempt at it next I have some free time.

Akito

Beelzebub 225
America arc out of nowhere.

Yandere Kanojo 53
This is getting complicated, so Misaki was Aoi's girlfriend huh. There has to be more to this, which would explain why Manabu's mother seems to despise him or who his father was.

kayos90

I took a class on gender identity and sexual orientation for college. I understand homosexual relationships and heterosexual relationships. I also understand thet idea that gender can be defined as a societal construct and sometimes females will associate themselves as a male and vice versa. There's a lot of combinations and etc etc. I feel like you guys are making it out like I don't understand that. I'm perfectly fine with those types of relationships.

What I have a problem with is the gender bender genres as a whole. It always seems to revolve around these weird gimmicks that don't really tackle the serious issue at hand. I have read 2 gender benders so far this month because dakku posted them in this thread. Both fell under some stupid gimmick or idiocy that makes it difficult for me to even recognize their homosexual relationship.

Now, this may be because I'm not exposed to the genre as a whole and as a result I'm woefully ignorant. This could also be a result of me reading only few series out of the gajillion out there. I don't know. What I do know is that from what I've seen, gender benders sort of tries to present itself as a homosexual relationship due to some sort of stupid gimmick.

EDIT: After re-reading my initial post, I can see why you're fired up. My original meaning was completely left out. I apologize.

Aizo

Banned
That's exactly why I worded it like that. Thanks for the suggestion, that's Wandering Son right? I have heard of that one but was always daunted to start it because of how long it is (I'm not that big into manga). I might have to make a more serious attempt at it next I have some free time.
Yes, that's its moniker!
If you prefer the anime, you can try that out, too!

Akito

One Piece
Upon having compared the dino with X Drake's post timeskip appearance, I'd say there's good chance it's him.

ibqtPA2V1f2gOB.png
iOFwWyMW4wlPI.jpg

Aizo

Banned
I miss all the rookies. I want to see them again. X Drake's old appearance was quite cool, though. I'm not sure what's going on with that eye band. Eye band? Hmm...

I just realized that his name is 10. I always thought it was the letter "x," and not the roman numeral X. Mind blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom