• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have a confession to make: I don't like nonsensical anime or manga. Most of the time, its not artsy, its just nonsensical in the vein of an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but its worse since you're probably supposed to get baked when you watch ATHF, but nobody does weed in Japan.

Articalys

72TgbZ6.jpg
$1.00 each at a library book sale? Sure, why not. The first two because they're the complete manga adaptation of the main Melancholy novel, and the last because the new anime just started airing.

$1.00 each at a library book sale? Sure, why not. The first two because they're the complete manga adaptation of the main Melancholy novel, and the last because the new anime just started airing.

It's too bad the Yozakura Quartet manga release in America is dead in the water.

Though, the anime will probably reach the point where the releases died, lol.

Are there any reverse traps where a boy is actually a girl? If so I'd love to see the rise and fall of dtl's love for such a series
There're series with characters like that (e.g. Yamanko, Kannagi, Mayo Chiki, In Bura, even Nisekoi), but the truth is virtually always revealed quickly and I doubt they're what you're looking for.

Articalys

It's too bad the Yozakura Quartet manga release in America is dead in the water.

Though, the anime will probably reach the point where the releases died, lol.
Heh, speaking of dead manga in the U.S., they had the first volume of SZS as well, though I didn't feel like buying that one. The rest was all just random shojo series (there were only about ten manga volumes overall at the sale anyway).

And my god, after flipping through the SZS volume and seeing how it had like ten pages of TL notes at the back, I can understand why progress on it dropped off the face of the earth.

Heh, speaking of dead manga in the U.S., they had the first volume of SZS as well, though I didn't feel like buying that one. The rest was all just random shojo series (there were only about ten manga volumes overall at the sale anyway).

And my god, after flipping through the SZS volume and seeing how it had like ten pages of TL notes at the back, I can see how it's a bitch to translate.

Ughhhhh, don't remind me of SZS. ;_;

Not to mention, they basically started skimping out on the TL notes in the last few volumes, those bastards.

There're series with characters like that (e.g. Yamanko, Kannagi, Mayo Chiki, In Bura, even Nisekoi), but the truth is virtually always revealed quickly and I doubt they're what you're looking for.

I mean it doesn't matter if it's revealed quickly, I was specifically looking for the classic DTL "friendship between male characters <3" that when it's revealed he's a she turns into "series ruined"

If UQ Holder does end up having a chick and drags it out for a long time it would be glorious

Graineliers 01

In the story, there are certain individuals known as "graineliers" who produce "seeds" that conceal various powers. A boy named Lucas lives at his disposal with the powers from these "seeds."

It's a pretty interesting world they have set up. Seeds are basically the main driving force in the world, being used as fire to possibly providing people with powers. The first chapter gave a nice introduction to the world and set it up for what's probably going to be the driving force behind the series which is the mystery of the main character's father.

I'm intrigued and especially now there is this supposed powers from the seeds that the main character will have.

I also think the color spread is pretty gorgeous.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin - Before the Fall 1
One hell of an origin story. Somehow I don't feel the new artstyle just yet and not only because it's different but it also doesn't look as good as Shiki's other works.

Nisekoi 95
That you Chitanda?

iwy6kcq37m5zs.jpg

I like this girl.

G.ZZZ

Toriko

Farewell old man, nothing can save old men in shonen i guess. That was pretty sad and he died in such a bad way too. I think, however, we will see him inner monster sometimes down the line. Also imho a small timeskip is incoming, with the human world basically destroyed and Coco (?) possibily dead, Ichiryuu dead, Komatsu kidnapped and Teppei mind controlled. I think we'll get a far more dark tone from now on, not sure if i'd like it.

Fairy tail

I don´t like how the consul got taken out so easily, especially when they are all powerful magicians. But that was good for the story progression. So all of Tartors 9 members are demons. Very interesting.

Toriko
was a good chapter glad they didn't stretch the flashback
R.I.P old man

Fairy Tail
Did something good... yes love me some deaths
Half way through the chapter I realized the whole demon thing

[Fugo]

After lurking ManGAF for ages (will never thank you enough for letting me know about Fourteen) I shall start posting too

Toriko
dat 80s shonen vibes!! Last chapter felt much Hokuto no Ken - like to me. Which is a good thing. It would deserve to be more successfull, but whatever. As long as it sells enough to not get cancalled I'm fine with that.
Unrelated to the chapter, I always liked that the whole Human World - way bigger Gourmet World thing is a clear nod to HxH real world being way bigger (and more hazardous) than the known world map. HxH is still on another league, but I like Toriko paying homage to ot without trying to be a copycat. And at least Shimabukuro didn't transfer to Hiatus World

Food Smut
finally decided to read it up. Was glued to it and read all the chapters. Probabily being an amateur cook helps in appreciating its realistic side along with its overthetopness (is that a word? lol)

scy

Nisekoi 95 - Haha, I quite like new girl.

I hope something big happens for chapter 100.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 4 - "She was a loli slut rich girl...!?"

Best tl;dr.

Edit:

Maga-Tsuki 29 - This is basically filler. Why?!

IHaveIce

Banned
Nozomi to Kimio
Sadly this manga is more tame than Nozoki Ana.

I mean what teen boy would refuse to do this stuff with her. He is acting like she wants to cut him in half, while she only wants the d.

Again a manga I can't stand because the protag is a whiny idiot.

At least it is not Nisekoi

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
I'm really tired now... it's been way too much time since the last serious fight, after Ace's death the only battles are the ones where they show how superior they are ending them with one shot. it's been roughly 150 chapters aka 3 years... i'm momentarily dropping OP until Oda decides it's time for strawhat's to fight seriously. Seriously Oda, i'm tired of this shit.

Articalys

Nisekoi ch.95

Glad I'm not the only person who noticed the resemblance to Chitanda from Hyouka, if only in looks and certainly not personality. Though Chitanda with that personality would be quite a sight to behold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Its asshole Chitanda who speaks with a weird accent (the effect of the translation is that she has a weird Scottish accent)

Angry Grimace

TWGOK

It's not that I have a problem with an arc where he has to capture an asshole girl, its just dumb that he's still 5.

Fairy Tail

Wow less fanservice and more plot. Very nicely done Mashima.

Some nice comedy after the deaths to lighten up the chapter and then finish it off with some tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom