• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it mentioned that Birdmen is becoming a monthly series?

Fairy Tail 356

The new antagonists design are dull and the destruction of the newly formed guild of people relatively nameless (except Doranbolt (thankfully he survived) was a bit on the uninteresting side of things, but at least gray cookies and sting promotion made it good chapter at end of the day.

B.O.O.M

Toriko

One of my favorite characters from the manga just died....I knew it was coming but still..hate it. Good chapter tho

Fairy tale
Loved the chapter. I liked the new enemies. The counsel got taken out way too fast tho and just by one person. What kind of a weak ass counsel is this. Hope the 10 great mages come into action as well...time for some Demon Hunting!

LeleSocho

Banned
Kenichi
1cK1B03.png
+
=

soxmo8x.png

Best Kenichi chapter in a long time

LeleSocho

Banned
But Frohze doesn't want to fight Starjun+Setsuno+Jirou.
Now we know for sure that Setsuno is much weaker than when she was young and Starjun surely isn't god tier (yet), Jirou is old too and at best is at the same level of Ichi... dunno imho Midora>FakeFrohze

Mazu wa, Hitokuchi 7 (end)

Hilarious final page to this story, when Oda slammed Hasegawa. I will miss it as the flying pigs and the random other situations going on, Oda being good with both kids, and the various emotional things going on made it a fun and memorable little series. Definitely was worthwhile.

Kenichi

O_O ELDER WAS INJURED! WTF!

LOL At Sakaki and Christopher. Also Akisame was kinda scary with his face like that.

Cannot wait for the next chapter.

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku!

Finally caught up on a bunch of chapters. Things are actually getting interesting again; let's see how much longer Hata can balance the seriousness with the comedy.

G.ZZZ

[Fugo];86524969 said:
After lurking ManGAF for ages (will never thank you enough for letting me know about Fourteen) I shall start posting too

Toriko
dat 80s shonen vibes!! Last chapter felt much Hokuto no Ken - like to me. Which is a good thing. It would deserve to be more successfull, but whatever. As long as it sells enough to not get cancalled I'm fine with that.
Unrelated to the chapter, I always liked that the whole Human World - way bigger Gourmet World thing is a clear nod to HxH real world being way bigger (and more hazardous) than the known world map. HxH is still on another league, but I like Toriko paying homage to ot without trying to be a copycat. And at least Shimabukuro didn't transfer to Hiatus World

Food Smut
finally decided to read it up. Was glued to it and read all the chapters. Probabily being an amateur cook helps in appreciating its realistic side along with its overthetopness (is that a word? lol)

I'm pretty sure the "new world" in HxH came a lot after Toriko's Gourmet World. The reveal came after the end of the Ant arc afterall, so no more than a couple of years ago.

Fairy Tail 356

Well all those deaths certainly came out of left field. We finally see the whole of Tartaros. I'm glad Oracion Seis is going to be making another comeback though. It'll be interesting seeing all of them fighting alongside Fairy Tail if it happens. That's cool and all, but I'm wondering how Acnologia is going to fit into all this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 356

Well all those deaths certainly came out of left field. We finally see the whole of Tartaros. I'm glad Oracion Seis is going to be making another comeback though. It'll be interesting seeing all of them fighting alongside Fairy Tail if it happens. That's cool and all, but I'm wondering how Acnologia is going to fit into all this.

Only one of those characters was a person who we had ever seen before in more than passing and he survived.

Nisekoi 95

So, permanent addition to the series then.

Marika arc plus funky new girl pleases me. Though she neuters her friend somewhat, so ultimately I'd rather she didn't outstay her welcome.

Man, I am not looking forward to annoying version of Chitanda.

Articalys

Nagato Yuki-chan 38

Well well, look who's finally showing up to the party.

I really need to get around to reading the last few Haruhi novels

Dresden

uq holder - 09

It's been enjoyable so far. Cutting out the massive harem stuff is a big bonus too, although I'm sure that the hammer girl and others will hop in eventually.

Fairy Tail 356

Fairy Tail just cranked it up to 11 on the real-o-meter. If people quit Fairy Tail for being "dumb" this might be the arc to jump back into depending on where it goes from here.

Kusagari

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 3-4

I was going to give another sarcastic filled summary of these chapters, like I had done for the first two oh-so-long ago. The ridiculous closet pervert student council president, the sadist idol who wants to bite the MC's ears. I could have discussed that, but no. The final page of chapter 4 broke me. I am a mere shell of a man after reading the above. I no longer know how to process worldly features. No manga shall ever make me feel again. For I have now discovered loli slut rich girls.

The Gamer 6
tumblr_muwbr0tepk1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally action against enemies and criticals. I liked it, just would have been better if it werent standard Zombies but more modern enemies considering this is taking place in the world of today.

Aizo

Banned
Bleach
Like every other week, I just wish Hitsugaya died.

Naruto
Everything has been said. Let's hope we're moving on now.

One Piece
I was totally expecting a flashback, but what I got was still fun!

Boku wa Mari no Naka ni - Ch. 20
Drama.

JoJo: Vento Aureo - Vol. 5
Aerosmith doesn't seem like a great stand; I fear for Narancia's future. It looks like it's heading for a battle on a train. I love train battles!

Fairy Tail 355-356

One of these chapters was good, the other... not so much.

However, the one I liked is probably the opposite of most people posting about it here. Chapter 356 was unfortunately tragic (the whole council, almost all killed? Really?), and seems like the setup for an arc that could be unpleasant, depending on how Mashima goes about it; I'm sure it'll end well in the end, but what will happen before that point?

As for chapter 355, though, I don't care what anyone says, it was good! Mixed bathing chapter where they get used to it (even though all except for Erza and the old guy are at least somewhat embarrassed, I think)? That's great. The usual scene in anime would involve fountains of blood every time, Nagasarete Airantou-style, ignoring that they SHOULD be getting at least somewhat used to it given how often they end up naked... it's really dumb there, but here it was done much better. So yeah, that was good. If you were going to have a scene like this, Mashima alright.

And also, the chapter also progressed the plot forward a bit with some information about the Book of Zeref, and had a quite well done bit in the middle where the old guy told them Mavis's words... almost moving, really, and perfectly fitting to the series' main themes. Overall, this short "village of giants" arc was fun beginning to end; it's just too bad it ended so soon.

So yeah, that last arc (with the village of giants) was good enough, but this next one? Ugh, not off to a good start.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol @ people saying "something is happening finally" in FT. Its an entirely new arc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ran of the grey world

Now that is some Grade A Retribution.

Area D

Been reading this for awhile, and while it's kind of another "crazy ability" based action manga, at least the art is pretty damn nice and the action scenes can be pretty fun.

Also, good god the warden is smoking.

Laundry (one shot)

We need more dorm stories they always give the best situations, to think such exciting things could happen between two club members while washing laundry. Certainly more exciting than any JUMP story could give.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Komomo Confisserie 1

You know, I thought this would be another one of those insufferable shoujos where the really dumb main character would be pampered by the man of her dreams...

... but holy shit that twist at the end was worth it. I think I'll follow this series for awhile if it keeps the same themes.

Aizo

Banned
Pupa - Ch. 1-5
They really overplayed the high school setting and pseudo-incest. This isn't Horror. Dropped. I'll just watch the trainwreck anime.

Donyatsu 1-24
Well, I sure chose a perfect time to pick this up.

I don't know what else to say really. It's about a donut cat and his friends in a post-apocalyptic world. Sorta feels like a slice-of-life at times, but there's evidently some serious shit going on underneath it all. Surprisingly interesting. Donut cats.

Aizo

Banned
The Town Where Your Best Friend Imitatively Assembles a Harem - Vol. 14
Nothing much in this volume. It's all setup. It's hard to match the last volume because it was the culmination of many previous volumes. It was as if all the horribleness of the past 5 volumes mated to create a putrid harem hellspawn. The next volume, along with Eba's confession will surely send the series spiraling back into the depths, like a toilet.

Komomo Confisserie 1

You know, I thought this would be another one of those insufferable shoujos where the really dumb main character would be pampered by the man of her dreams...

... but holy shit that twist at the end was worth it. I think I'll follow this series for awhile if it keeps the same themes.

Well, this seems interesting.

Aizo

Banned
Litchi☆Hikari Club
An interesting read. There is some Ero-guro that's not too tasteless, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who dislikes seeing gore. The art is splendid, the characters are well rounded, and there's this dark bit of comedy hidden behind the brutal melodrama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom