• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haikyuu!! 82
tumblr_mv2qjkwB9L1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really sad and depressing chapter, cant believe they had a fight and went without talking with each other. I hope they make up, or at least Hinata expresses his own wishes and desires to Kageyama, who unfortunately always misses every sign and etc.

Fortunately did feel glad at the ending, Oikawa and Kageyama, what more could one ask for.

scy

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...as-brings-monster-girl-manga-to-north-america

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

welp, that's a surprise

Ranobe no Hen! (Completing a Light Novel!) 1-11 (END)

The Right Way to Begin a Manga.

But unfortunately not the right way to continue it. MC fills in for his injured brother as the editor for a light novel author, who is of course a socially awkward highschool girl with watermelon tits. Characters were bland, story was unremarkable and felt rushed at the end, highly forgettable overall.

Somehow, these are all the buzzwords to get me to read it.

Akito

Kare Kano v13-21 (end)
And that's a wrap. I remember somebody was saying that the second half of KK is quite a letdown compared to the first and I have to agree, the "family curse" of the Arimas was blown out of proportion in order to fill so many volumes, the melodrama was suffocating at times. Also Yukino got way to little screentime and Soichiro is quite a dull character to be even considered a equivalent replacement. At least the ending was fairly satisfying (aside from the... thing with Asaba, did Stephenie Meyer got inspired by this for Twillight or something?) and unexpectedly mature for a shoujo manga.
Not to say the manga turned into shit or anything after the first half but I do think it's one of those cases where a successful series was running for longer than it should have.

bjork

Kare Kano v13-21 (end)
And that's a wrap. I remember somebody was saying that the second half of KK is quite a letdown compared to the first and I have to agree, the "family curse" of the Arimas was blown out of proportion in order to fill so many volumes, the melodrama was suffocating at times. Also Yukino got way to little screentime and Soichiro is quite a dull character to be even considered a equivalent replacement. At least the ending was fairly satisfying (aside from the... thing with Asaba, did Stephenie Meyer got inspired by this for Twillight or something?) and unexpectedly mature for a shoujo manga.
Not to say the manga turned into shit or anything after the first half but I do think it's one of those cases where a successful series was running for longer than it should have.

I felt that way about the second half of Kare Kano for sure, but I hated the way the ending tied up with everyone being some exceptional standout or whatever. Asaba was actually the one I liked the best, haha.

Akito

I felt that way about the second half of Kare Kano for sure, but I hated the way the ending tied up with everyone being some exceptional standout or whatever. Asaba was actually the one I liked the best, haha.
I blame the fact that we never got a scene where Soichiro and Yukino found out about it lol

scy

Ranobe no Hen! 1-11(End) - Something about an awkward highschool girl with watermelon tits and the MC and I guess there was a flash of a love triangle but not really and 11 chapters or stuff? I dunno. It's brief enough to make me not hate it, I guess, but it felt like it tried to add stuff that was unnecessary and rushed stuff to get the conclusion. I half think the in-story "dilemma" of ending the awkward girl's Light Novel at Volume 2 was a meta stab at the actual manga. Also, crocodiles.

I need more shitty things like this.

Tokyo Ravens 1-19 - I want this to end soon just because I really only care about the main pairing getting together as the entirety of the backstory does not really hook me yet.

I'm almost entirely sure there was a third manga I read this morning but I honestly can't remember what it was so I guess Some Manga I Read This Morning 1-X?!?!? - not memorable at all, would not read again 10/10

Surprised many are picking up Tokyo Ravens, I wasnt planning to until the anime (though they look superior in the anime than in the manga I think)...and the OP is hot.

Well if something gets an anime adaptation that kinda does mean I'll have some interest in the manga now than before. I done that for a bunch of series that got an adaptation.

scy

Surprised many are picking up Tokyo Ravens, I wasnt planning to until the anime (though they look superior in the anime than in the manga I think)...and the OP is hot.

I read like ... a lot of random things. Didn't even know about the anime, actually. Opening oozes style and maybe the future of the story will get closer to what is shown there but, so far, it's not all that interesting. Granted, almost 20 chapters isn't that much but it feels like this school setting will take awhile longer before things truly take off unless it just finds a way to make the MC relevant fast. Basically, the first 20 chapters feels like it was struggling to not die so I guess another 20+ will go by as it gets to the kind of story it needs to settle into. That's how I feel about it.

I dunno. Dumb MCs don't really bug me, per se, but something about this guy just irks me. Maybe it's just the rapid developments from the start with the whole Hokuto thing? Something about him is just worse than normal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, I beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Y. It doesn't seem like there's really anything else to do. Guess I'm mostly done with the game.

Reading Fourteen.

Oh, I didn't know it had this old "style". Not only the visual side, also you can notice it in the narrative.

I'm in vol 4. While I see labels like "scifi" and "horror" attached, and I can see why they are there, I think the most appropriate label would be "surreal", because it's all really surreal (and not because Chicken George himself).

scy

Black Bullet 1-11 - This is kind of interesting, though I expected it to be a lot darker for some reason. I mean, there's still room for tragedy I guess. Now that I've said that, the main girl better live.
I'm weak for shitty romances

That said, feels like part of the plot is an excuse to have a bunch of little girls though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You're very, very wrong. I doubt you'd care about what there'svleft to do though.

I certainly don't care about competitive battling or catching 10 trillion Eevee's to get the optimal invisible stats, if that's what you're talking about.

I also imagine that the only definitive statement in that quote, which is I'm pretty much done with the game, is not "very, very wrong," but in fact very, very right.

6AcXNon.jpg

Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura) 6

Battle is a brewing between the two childhood friends.

Kinda surprised Rin is relatively the same size when almost everyone else received an upgrade.

Since it's almost Halloween, I'd like to recommend pretty much any mangas from Junji Ito.
Especially Gyo. It's so strange and bizarre, the manga gave me nightmares, haha.
He's short story collections are also masterful.

Lain

From time to time some of you will post how many volumes of manga you have and that usually makes me wonder how many I actually have.
I never counted mine, but I thought that, given the amount, I had more than 1000 but not close to 2000.
Today i registered on a site and started cataloging stuff, though it was mostly the most recent (last 3 years +/- plus some old stuff as I remembered it) purchases because I have a partial list of what I bought for these last few years (never kept any lists before) and, well, the count reached 3456.
Considering the volumes I still have to register, the English volumes I can't register (its an Italian site that only keeps track of Italian volumes) plus some artbooks that can't be registered as well, it wouldn't surprise me if the end number got close to 4k.

Akito

From time to time some of you will post how many volumes of manga you have and that usually makes me wonder how many I actually have.
I never counted mine, but I thought that, given the amount, I had more than 1000 but not close to 2000.
Today i registered on a site and started cataloging stuff, though it was mostly the most recent (last 3 years +/- plus some old stuff as I remembered it) purchases because I have a partial list of what I bought for these last few years (never kept any lists before) and, well, the count reached 3456.
Considering the volumes I still have to register, the English volumes I can't register (its an Italian site that only keeps track of Italian volumes) plus some artbooks that can't be registered as well, it wouldn't surprise me if the end number got close to 4k.

Does not surprise me at all considering your pickup posts. I don't know if I had asked you before but do you have time to actually read them all?

Wouldn't this make her the yandere? Based off the original story, anyway?
I'm trying my best to ignore the original story, because reading up on it would kinda feel like looking up spoilers. It'd detract from the gripping, emotional roller-coaster that is Aunt Tits. Or something.

This means that I'll be forgetting your post ever existed in 3... 2... 1...

Really I thought it kept getting better and better, especially rather quickly in volume one.
I hope so. I guess I just wasn't in a good mood or something.

And Kodansha USA handling of Vinland Saga is pathetic. There is no credible reason why it is not out yet or how it is Amazon's problem. Wouldn't they fins it strange that the largest book retailer didn't get any copies? Or if they did get copies why does it take t least over a month to ship out. Pathetic.

Aizo

Banned

Kurita once asked if your house was made of manga.
I'm now wondering this, too.

xxxHOLiC Rei 12

Yeah, this chapter basically screamed that
this is probably a dream or something Watanuki is having.
So goooooood.

bigkrev

4000 volumes x 10 dollars (average purchase price) = $40,000 spent on Manga. I bet there are plenty of people in this thread who make less than that per year.

I certainly don't care about competitive battling or catching 10 trillion Eevee's to get the optimal invisible stats, if that's what you're talking about.

I also imagine that the only definitive statement in that quote, which is I'm pretty much done with the game, is not "very, very wrong," but in fact very, very right.

Oi I demand a rematch before you sell or quit it completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom