• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
So, MangaGAF: which one's better: Yandere or Tsundere?

Is this even a real question?
Fca4VCR.gif

Google that good thing... Google it!

Naruto

No no no no no no no no no

TNJ -.- ahhhhhh make it stop! Make it end!

Bleach

Everyone's going super sayian, should be pretty awesome

Akito

Bleach
I don't even bother to comment on Bleach and Naruto anymore for a long time now but this chapter of Bleach was hilarious. Let me get this straight, the Quincies stole the bankais knowing that thank to it they can't use Vollständig anymore and Buckbeard was actually expecting the Shinigamis to somehow get their Bankais back but that's ok, the Quincies can now just use Vollständig to own them anyway? Really Kubo?

Khezu

Naruto

I really hope Madara doesn't absorb all the chakra and become the 10 tails jin. It would be really redundant.

Bleach

Stop telling people how your shit works!

Bleach: Buckbeard a tactical genius folks. Did Kubo get inspired by the writers from Diablo 3? Bazz B's reaction to Cang Du losing was hilarious.

Gintamen

Bleach
I don't even bother to comment on Bleach and Naruto anymore for a long time now but this chapter of Bleach was hilarious. Let me get this straight, the Quincies stole the bankais knowing that thank to it they can't use Vollständig anymore and Buckbeard was actually expecting the Shinigamis to somehow get their Bankais back but that's ok, the Quincies can now just use Vollständig to own them anyway? Really Kubo?
The whole first part of their invasion had no purpose but to take Yamamoto out, probably also to kill the captains they stole the bankai from maybe.

jokkir

Bleach

I don't understand why the quincies would steal their bankais in the first place (to handicap them), only for their enemies (the Shinigami) to train and get stronger without it, to later just lose it again "as predicted".

Gintamen

I don't understand why the quincies would steal their bankais in the first place (to handicap them), only for their enemies (the Shinigami) to train and get stronger without it, to later just lose it again "as predicted".
For the same reason he never told his Sternritter that this would happen either. None, as it has no reason to begin with, it's nonsensical. Killing Yamamoto seems to have been the main objective, anything else was a distraction to weaken the forces.

Kusagari

Naruto

I hate what this chapter actually signifies but I don't think Naruto has ever looked more badass than he did in that final panel. Which is funny since all he's going to do is TNJ.

Bleach

This chapter is every single thing I hate about Bleach combined into one. More proof that Bleach fights are nothing but characters trading death blows and then ending up fine the next chapter to start up their own attack certain to kill the enemy! Who ever saw Cang Du and BG9 being fine coming?!

Oh and then of course we have Shinji explaining his Shikai to people again like a fucking moron. And then gloating about how nobody can adapt to it. The same crap he did to Aizen, who then proceeded to adapt to it.

Y'know I always tell myself no One Piece will make Naruto and Bleach suck less cause I don't have anything good to compare the chapters to.

Why do I always delude myself?

Brickhunt

The whole first part of their invasion had no purpose but to take Yamamoto out, probably also to kill the captains they stole the bankai from maybe.
To be fair, I can see the tactical value of this strategy.

It allowed the Stern Ritters to do great damage to Soul Society without exposing their Vollstandigs. They were in a timed invasion and couldn't stay much longer. Vollstandig may would have caused greater damage, but the Soul Society would be better prepared to face it in the second invasion. (Although a better strategy would be using Vollstandig in the first invasion, and then, when the Shinigamies train their Bankai for facing Vollstandig, use the medallions).

Foolworm

Because it would give them a crushing advantage in the meantime?

Calling that Ishida's 'A' is for Archer right now.

Hystzen

Bleach

They took the bankais because they could really ,first invasion was to kill old man Yama and cause despair. Buckbeard basically must of thought take the bankai cripple the captains (most of the captains suck without bankai) keep Vollstandig as a last resort/trump card. Kind of worth the risk to remove Vollstandig and keep it as backup plan. plus it obvious if they took banakis the SS would prioritise a way to recover them

It still stupid writing but sort of makes sense but Kubo has to nerf the SR somehow or it be another cakewalk.

Lain

Does not surprise me at all considering your pickup posts. I don't know if I had asked you before but do you have time to actually read them all?

I usually read most of the stuff I purchase every month, with a few exceptions.

The exceptions are mostly stuff I buy out of habit like, for example, Perfect Girl Evolution, which I don't feel like reading it anymore because it never changes, but I already have so many volumes that I might as well complete the collection and finish reading it when it'll end (will it ever end?).
Then there's stuff like A Town Where You Rage, that I buy (why? I don't know, maybe it's the covers) but don't read because I've already read most of what's been published here in scanlation form, so might as well not waste time on it a second time.

Aizo

Banned
I usually read most of the stuff I purchase every month, with a few exceptions.

The exceptions are mostly stuff I buy out of habit like, for example, Perfect Girl Evolution, which I don't feel like reading it anymore because it never changes, but I already have so many volumes that I might as well complete the collection and finish reading it when it'll end (will it ever end?).
Then there's stuff like A Town Where You Rage, that I buy (why? I don't know, maybe it's the covers) but don't read because I've already read most of what's been published here in scanlation form, so might as well not waste time on it a second time.

May I ask how you afford to buy these walls for your manga house while also managing to feed yourself? I guess you don't have to pay for electricity or water when your house is made of manga.

I must credit Kurita again for the manga house hypothesis.

Articalys

By the way, for those of you reading Sora no Otoshimono, it sounds like instead of a third TV series it's getting another movie next year.

Bleach

Everyone is so polite in this story. When they powerup, they thank their opponent.

Can't Kubo be at least a little original when it comes to the shit talk?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach

Everyone is so polite in this story. When they powerup, they thank their opponent.

Can't Kubo be at least a little original when it comes to the shit talk?

Considering how often he goes to Yu Yu Hakusho for plot ideas, I'm surprised he hasn't taken Yusuke's awesome retorts into consideration.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: C

Really, it's fine that they took the Bankais and Bach knew they would get them back. The point was less of a power-play, and more of a way to cause despair (which was compounded by Yamamoto's death). First invasion was meant to be a moral victory more than anything. Not every captain got his/her bankai stolen, so we know that some SR still had Volstandig.

But still, these fights need to be much better than they've been. Shinji sighting is cool. Fire dude's reaction to Bruce Lee's ice coffin was funny as shit.

Naruto: F

Talk No Jutsu? Even when expecting it I have to sigh :(

As a big fan and defender of the psycho-Sasuke of years ago, I am deeply saddened (tears on my keyboard right now) by the fact that Sasuke is a fucking lameduck just like everyone else now. He was supposed to be the one guy that truly gave 0 fucks and didn't give a shit about Naruto and his lameass. Oh well.

Oh, and Naruto teared up at the Obito flashback, I'm glad someone cared about it afterall. Heheheh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Words out of my mouth. Basically we're supposed to accept that Ywach is just doing things for no reason now.

Bleach: C

Really, it's fine that they took the Bankais and Bach knew they would get them back. The point was less of a power-play, and more of a way to cause despair (which was compounded by Yamamoto's death). First invasion was meant to be a moral victory more than anything. Not every captain got his/her bankai stolen, so we know that some SR still had Volstandig.

But still, these fights need to be much better than they've been. Shinji sighting is cool. Fire dude's reaction to Bruce Lee's ice coffin was funny as shit.

lol okay. I think its abundantly clear now that Kubo doesn't even know how to write villians whose methods are just being evil for the sake of fucking doing it.

By the way, for those of you reading Sora no Otoshimono, it sounds like instead of a third TV series it's getting another movie next year.

Damn i was hoping for another TV series that is why i stop reading the manga .

The big 3 chapters could be the worst in years and i could care less thanks to the gaming side this week .

Naruto

Row row row

Bleach

Koma back to his helmet again but Shinji is helping out this time. Should make for a good fight. LOL At the confused eyes Bambi had after Shinji used his Shikai, made reading his words a pain in the ass though.

Anyways what I'm most curious about is what Ishida plans to do besides being an underling and how/why Ichigo is calling Urahara!

Naruto

talk_no_jutsu_by_graeystone-d6c8sm6.jpg

Bleach

Classic Kubo.

Team 1: I'm winning!

Team 2: Fufufufu my trump card, I win.

Team 1: NO! Just kidding, plot device, I'm winning again.

Team 2: Kekekekekekeke, take my secret weapon I was hiding until now. I'm winning!

Team 1: oMFGheALP! loljk Ichigo is here, I'm winning.

Rinse and repeat. -.-

You guys are just not smart enough to appreciate Kubo's writing genius

work-meetings.gif

Naruto
I know everyone is complaining about TnJ, but we've pretty much had 3 to 4 chapters of non-stop action. Even this chapter had something going on, it was expected. The entire ninja alliance on one side staring down Obito in the abyss stands out as a striking visual for some reason. It's definitely feeling climactic. The anime version of this whole chapter should be nice to see.

Anyway, the first domino has been knocked over, remaining are TnJ casuing Obito to reflect, Madara inturrupts, triggers plant no jutsu, everyone is doomed, but Obito has change of heart and sacrifices himself to kill Madara.

Naruto

I remember that plenty of people died because they could not hold the tailed beast inside. While it´s not the same, but it´s irritating me that everyone can use Naruto´s Kyuubi chakra without any consequence to their bodies whatsoever. Even if the Kyuubi is cooperating with Naruto that does not make regular shinobi are immune to damage from chakra and their physique can suddenly take a huge power without any consequence.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

I remember that plenty of people died because they could not hold the tailed beast inside. While it´s not the same, but it´s irritating me that everyone can use Naruto´s Kyuubi chakra without any consequence to their bodies whatsoever. Even if the Kyuubi is cooperating with Naruto that does not make regular shinobi are immune to damage from chakra and their physique can suddenly take a huge power without any consequence.

Whether or not you like it, friendly tailed beast chakra is clearly not dangerous to the user and its been that way for a very long time. I don't think this is a valid complaint.

Have we seen any named females get killed in this series so far? Even Momo seems to live on despite getting ganked by half the cast
Unohana, but that was a heroic sacrifice.

Worst case scenario is Waifuritter falls in love with Ishida and switches sides because he does, best case scenario, she just happens to live even though everyone else dies. Both fall under the same trope. Chicks always live.

Lain

May I ask how you afford to buy these walls for your manga house while also managing to feed yourself? I guess you don't have to pay for electricity or water when your house is made of manga.

I must credit Kurita again for the manga house hypothesis.

Most of my entertainment expenses are devoted to just manga.
I mean, spend 70€ for just 1 game, or spend 70€ to get between 12 and 16 volumes of manga?! Manga all day!

For a practical example, this month I spent 308€ on manga (though, given that a part is from Amazon, and Amazon only charges after shipping and some stuff hasn't shipped yet, I should probably say that I ordered 308€ worth of manga), and that translated to 61 volumes of stuff. If I were to buy new console games like Beyond and The Last of US with that money, I could only get like 4 or 5, 6 if I were lucky and they were all priced like D2.
So in the end, I shifted my budget to be spent mostly on manga when it comes to entertainment and very little for any other type of entertainment.
I do need to reign in my spending for manga though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom