• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Most of my entertainment expenses are spent at bars.
wtzgU.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cirruci was killed by Ishida in the Arrancar arc. So I guess she counts?

There's only been like 4 female villains and 3 of them have turned face - Riruka went face as a straight high-heel face turn by being hot for Ichigo, Boobspada went face by being implausibly spared by the Soul Reapers/imprisoned by the Sternritter and Nel went face before the main group even got to El Pollo Loco.

That's not even counting Hallibel's fraccion, all of whom went face also. Moreover, Cirruci wasn't even killed - Ishida spared her.

Himouto 30
Cute. Who else enjoys morning walks

Dragons Rioting 12
Interesting flashback, but really most of us read for the plot and how Rintaro reacts

Naruto 652

Can someone please kill Obito before Naruto finishes his TnJ?

If he pulls a Pain, I'm going to be so pissed.

Bleach 554

Can someone please kill Shinji before he opens his mouth again?

You'd think he learn not to explain his technique after what happened the last time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Booze, clothes, virtual currency (MODO tix and DOTA2 keys), hipster fancy food in the city.

Angry Grimace

What's hipster food?

U.S. Hipsters have 2 options for food. The low-level option is anything sold at Whole Foods. The high-level option is a co-op farmer's market. You can eat out, but only if you know the name of the farm where the food came from.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anything with 4+ stars on: http://www.yelp.com/manhattan
U.S. Hipsters have 2 options for food. The low-level option is anything sold at Whole Foods. The high-level option is a co-op farmer's market. You can eat out, but only if you know the name of the farm where the food came from.

That's not what I meant actually but I can see how it could be read like that and it makes more sense, edited.

Bills and games with a side of manga and comics is where my money goes. Of course food plays a part but I've toned down the eating out bit by a lot.

Dragons Rioting 12

So best girl is the first one to know about his disease. Hopefully, she'll get to keep that edge over everyone else for awhile.

Mom continues to be great (NSFW). Really been enjoying these side characters like her and Meru.

Angry Grimace

Talking people out of shit is literally Naruto's gimmick and has been since like the first fight. Why do you think Haku and Zabuza died crying in each other's arms.

Complaining about Naruto talking people out of shit is like complaining that the Bible sucks because Jesus keeps talking about God and healing everyone.

Angry Grimace

He used the umlaut because he spends a lot of time on Mötley Crüe message boards so he has them all hotkeyed.

Setsuna

People just dont understand the writing of bleach think of it this way

Quincies > Captains
Ie. Bazz B BG9 dominated Hitsugaya Soifon

Quincies + Bankai > Shinigami
Ie. As Nodt vs Byakuya

Quincies + Vollstandig > Captains
Ie. Old man Quincy took out Shunsuis eye the moment he used vollstandig

Quincies + Vollstandig < Shinigami + Bankai
Ie. Ichigo beat Kirge

the only exceptions are when ichigo kenpachi and yamamoto are involved

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Talking people out of shit is literally Naruto's gimmick and has been since like the first fight. Why do you think Haku and Zabuza died crying in each other's arms.

Complaining about Naruto talking people out of shit is like complaining that the Bible sucks because Jesus keeps talking about God and healing everyone.
It's still shit. And it wasn't as bad back then. Talk No Jutsu with Gaara worked for a reason. Talk No Jutsu with Pain is horrible in comparison, for example.

Angry Grimace

It's still shit. And it wasn't as bad back then. Talk No Jutsu with Gaara worked for a reason. Talk No Jutsu with Pain is horrible in comparison, for example.

Kubo villains doing evil shit for no reason other than being evil = cool

Naruto not breaking character = bad

Let's hear this explanation on why TNJ on Gaara "worked" and it didn't on Pain. I'm assuming you're just referring to the fact that Gaara lost and heelfaced afterwards. That's not even being talked out of the fight, he just heelfaced offpanel later on.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So it's been 6 weeks since I updated that Sternritter chart so I thought I'd fix that. But the only things needing updating was adding "The Iron" and removing the Bankais /ThanksBleachPacing

Angry Grimace

God I forgot how fucking awful the designs were for these guys. And the names are uniformly lol-inducing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

Let's hear this explanation on why TNJ on Gaara "worked" and it didn't on Pain. I'm assuming you're just referring to the fact that Gaara lost and heelfaced afterwards.
Bleach ain't got nothing to do with Naruto bruh.

When I say 'worked' I didn't mean in terms of the fact that it was actually successful in the context of the manga (TnJ is always successful, silly). I meant that it was more believable to the readers for a multitude of reasons that I don't feel like recapping. Gaara was an angry youth who was susceptible to listening to Naruto after Naruto beat him up and stuff, blahblahblah. Awesome moment.

Pain on the other hand was talking despair and doom, is Naruto's senior who has been through way more shit, killed their mentor in cold blood (awesome fight) and then Naruto comes to talk it out and suddenly all of that history is reversed. Oh and he reverses every kill too.

But it's cool, I know you like to defend Naruto despite evidence for it being shit, much shittier than it was. Your greatest defense being that Naruto has never really been better than it is now, that all of this is par for the course, and back then Naruto was as mediocre as it is now. I know, I know.

I agree to some degree. Naruto usually uses TNJ after beating the shit out of his opponent and showing them that he is very strong and can follow up on his word. But my problem is that a lot of villains have the same intention as Naruto but the method is different, which make the convincing process somewhat easier.

Dragons Rioting 12

NOOOOOO! Waiting till December for a new chapter! ;_; Why must you torture me author!

Kyouka's mom is a MILF and Kyouka is now the closest girl to Rintaro lol.

Great chapter setting up for the tournament.

IHaveIce

Banned

Let's hear this explanation on why TNJ on Gaara "worked" and it didn't on Pain. I'm assuming you're just referring to the fact that Gaara lost and heelfaced afterwards. That's not even being talked out of the fight, he just heelfaced offpanel later on.

You just did a Beam and had to drag another series down to make a point.

Not cool Grimace.

Angry Grimace

You just did a Beam and had to drag another series down to make a point.

Not cool Grimace.

Actually, I asked why one thing that makes no sense in one series is okay, but then something that does make sense in another is the worst thing ever. Its simply not a rational judgment; its just being a fanboy. But in the end it doesn't even matter - Stat specifically stated he won't answer the question (e.g. he's judging chapters of stuff based on the number of explosions).

Complaining about TNJ from a storyline perspective makes no sense because it literally is the central theme of the manga. The only worse thing is complaining that the new generation doesn't surpass the old strictly in fighting ability (even though that's just a thing Kakashi and Guy say, not some kind of central theme).

We know Aizen´s reason, we just don´t know Juha´s reason yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom