• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

Hana no Keiji Vol 1- 18 (Complete)

61JHVSwkvoL.jpg

Just finished this manga series called Hana no Keiji, which consisted of 18 volumes. Why this wasn't made into an anime was beyond me, but it's the best manga I've read in a while.

pSDklfo.jpg

It's a historical manga but all the characters are exaggerated, the main character Keiji is kind of like Goku but a lot smarter and more laid-back, he womanizes and parties all the time, but is also very righteous in what he does when it's time to get serious. He has superhuman strength, however it's never explained anywhere in the manga where he got his strength from, which is kinda cool in a way, keeping it mysterious.

The fight scenes in here are hilarious. The way it's done is extremely original. Most of the time you will have a steroid-pumped villain who's the scariest and baddest dude around, the story builds up the villain to incredible proportions, you'd think that he's completely unstoppable. And then when he finally meets Keiji in the climax, he gets knocked out in one punch, or a kick to the nuts, or something really embarrassing. And then villain wakes up after a while, Keiji will give him the "talk" about being good to the people, living righteous, and then they join him.

So it has everything, great dialogue, AMAZING art, cool characters, manly shit. It should have a portion scanlated last time I checked. And if you're wondering, it's done by the same guy who did "Fist of the North Star".

1q23dpC.jpg

scy

So, MangaGAF: which one's better: Yandere or Tsundere?

I ... don't know how to answer this.

yandere = five guys

tsundere = in n out

That's deep man.

If that's the way this goes, then it will only be amazing.

Boy, I really hope it pans out now. I've apparently started raising hopes on this.
I doubt she'll be anywhere near the level of crazy as the actual Rokujou unless we're going to start seeing the other girls start getting murdered

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

"Stop! Don't come inside me!"

Words I've always expected to hear in Naruto.

I wonder if Kishimoto realizes that the series, as well as the talk no jutsus, peaked with Nagato? And the only place to go from there was down?

I figured that he would at least have a few more epic and badass moments before just randomly giving these characters "Super-Sayin type" power-ups. At least during this war we needed a bit more of the Shinobi fights we had seen before in the first series. Most would agree that they just wanted Obito dead, but it would've been awesome in my opinion. I mean what can happen now? Will there be that inevitable fight between Sasuke and Naruto, and what about Orochimaru, is he now a "good guy?" And how will Madara be defeated? Maybe Talk no jutsu'd by the First? Knowing Kishimito it is exactly how Madara will actually be defeated.

I hope Madara ragequits and cancels his Edo Tensei because he's sick of all this crap.

Let at least one major villain leave with his dignity intact.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Himouto! Umaru-chan

I just read this manga 30 chapters straight.

This manga touches all the right places in my heart, so adorable and lovely and pleasant to read <3

Naruto

TNJ Obito is under going.

Bleach

Shinji is still an idiot. But now his words invert too lol. Everyone of the SR going Volstandig should be great. I love the new Komamura's helmet.

Bleach

What is going on? Stay tuned next chapter. Im betting Histugaya gets healed by Orihime in the future.

Naruto

What is going on? Cant really see, too messy IMO.

wonzo

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu 7.5-8
I was almost worried for a sec that "Little Buddy" was a gonner. ;~;

aunt tits 98

:OOOOOOOOO dem fake asses

Gokicha!! 2013-09 & 2013-11
horrifying

Yozakura Quartet 69

I wonder if they'll actually kill off the Demon Hunter this time.

Himouto! Umaru-chan

I just read this manga 30 chapters straight.

This manga touches all the right places in my heart, so adorable and lovely and pleasant to read <3
umaru is pleased

DarkMehm

Bleach

With this power up the manga is stretched out at least another 10-15 chapters. I love how Kubo and Kishimoto are both doing everything they can to not let their series end.

Bleach 554

Pretty dull chapter to read at this, the 5 43 am hour. Everybody and their grandmas knew vollstadig would happen, and of course our lord and savior ichigo kurosaki would finally make a triumphant return, I cant wait. Just give Ichida fight immediately and Ill be happy. Dont care to see Komamura, and if Shinji is defeated yet again... :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto
Talk no Jutsu engage. Form of: resurrecting everyone.

Though Madara is gonna appear to fuck shit up in a moment.

Also, everyone gets a Juubi! Just look under your seats and pull one out!

Bleach
oh hey, none of the bad guys are dead. Poor ice boy.

Also Mr. I'm gonna tell the enemy how my attack works everytime needs to cut it out. First Aizen, now Ms. Erotica. Is he ever going to learn?

Naruto

Great chapter for a 14th anniversary and the cover of jump and page spread looks phenomenal in hq. Sasuke lending a hand and Gaara taking back shukakun were powerful moments and emotional. Guaranteed that Sasuke will be co hokage with naruto and gaara finally can return to top tier status.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Well everyone knew this was coming...
Shinja's power is still really cool and it is only the shikai so what is his bankai? But he is an idiot to just explain his powers always to the enemy.

naruto

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom