• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
I know you put up some other thing, but all my brain can register for the picture there is your avatar. That's the price you must pay.
No.
pls dont insult yotusba by insinuating it with trash like toriko tia
SVmlH9H.gif

Shokugeki no Soma 22-29
I'm gar for Doujima

One Punch Man Special Chapter (Young Jump Seed vs)
tumblr_mvet90FpOt1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Genos responding to Saitama's question about looking poor made me chuckle. Fun chapter even if the C-class heroes had silly names, D pad and Funeral Suspenders, lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no Soma 45

So wait....Soma's dad and Gin are nearly 40?

They aged very nicely.

New guy is interesting. Thought he'd be more of the arrogant type instead of being courteous.

They should be 35, which is to be expected because soma is 16 (I think?). Which means he became a father pretty young. Might actually be why soma's dad dropped out.

World Trigger 36

Excellent color page especially with the Karasuma and Mikumo match going on. I especially like the colors, probably the best or second best World Trigger color page thus far. Im hoping it manages to get one more before the end of the year, which ought to be possible if everything else keeps tanking...

It was probably the best Mikumo chapter yet. The page when the Thruster was put on and he charged straight at Kazama was one of the best in the manga so far. Must also commend him for making Mikumo go from some standard nice guy to at least having a burst of brilliance and utilizing three different abilities in quick succession. I hope such skills are also shown if a Neighbor event takes place eventually.

They should be 35, which is to be expected because soma is 16 (I think?). Which means he became a father pretty young. Might actually be why soma's dad dropped out.

Nah, they should be older considering how Jouichirou talked about himself in the last chapter, with him being in high school while she was still in middle school.

MsOGwMB.jpg

Yozora no Sumikko de, 01-10

7EDjmw5l.jpg

Pretty nice romance series about two friends coming back into each other's lives after 11 years apart. Cute, the story wasn't overly dramatic which I like. The art's nice and simple and the cover is pretty gorgeous.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

Really my only problem with the chapter is it should have been a part of the last one. We knew this was coming the whole time and frankly it could easily have been way worse.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
NARUTO

The 'what will Obito' do being the cliffhanger makes me think that things ain't gonna be that easy. I am fairly confident Obito will reject Naruto's offer, but we'll see.

Naruto

Naruto used TNK, find out next week if it was super effective, normal effective or if Obito was immune

Bleach
O_O! Kubo I seriously hope the Jump heads are not rushing you! Ichigo is already coming back with no Renji or Rukia?!?

Something strange is going on but I'm liking the new confident Ichigo!

Can't wait for him to hit the battlefield.

Oh now that I think about it, the others could have left a bit earlier than Ichigo and will probably get there before him.

HYPED for the next chapter. Bambi looks like she blew Shinji apart or Koma protected him at the last second.

Edit: BTW Kubo, loved the shoutout to DBZ! The stairs being Snake Way and Ichigo being late for battle by 3 hours aka 3 days. lol

KScorp

Bleach

The way this chapter went, I wouldn't be surprised if the Quincy take out their scouters and exclaim "His power level is over 9000!" when Ichigo arrives in the coming weeks.

mjontrix

Bleach

The way this chapter went, I wouldn't be surprised if the Quincy take out their scouters and exclaim "His power level is over 9000!" when Ichigo arrives in the coming weeks.

Simple -

"NO WAY - HIS POWER SURPASSES THE REMAINING NINE CAPTAINS!"

Or something along those lines.

Damn he looks good with the turban. And what's with the Kimono?

Gintamen

NARUTO

The 'what will Obito' do being the cliffhanger makes me think that things ain't gonna be that easy. I am fairly confident Obito will reject Naruto's offer, but we'll see.
Huh? He will obviously say okay, which only will be followed up by Madara taking away the juubi and becoming the big bad himself. There can only be one real evil person in this series. :p And even that one is so evil because of his crazy eye genes or sth.

Bleach

How convenient that it took him exactly the same amount of days to train as it took the Vandenreich to attack again. And 3 hours of fighting? What is this nonsense? Not a single fight between shinigami and those quincy could have taken more than a half an hour at most. And than another couple hours for Ichigo to arrive, as if that was possible... and where are Renji, Rukia and Byakuja?

Nordicus

Hanada

Disappointing. The first chapter showed this short series had potential for character growth because Hanada seemed to be deliberately portrayed as unlikeable and prejudiced when dealing with Kashiwagi, the boy who their parents want her to marry. Of course haughty Hanada hates his guts because he's a farmboy and has the utter nerve to do some friendly teasing once in a while.

Starting from the second chapter (out of seven, the chapters are long though), we have the usual high school romance antics. Hanada doesn't grow as a person, she still sees Kashiwagi of the antithesis of her "prince" ideal, differences in their lifestyle are not really explored, arranged marriage puts the story in motion but fails to really mean anything after, none of the side characters are given any character. What a waste.

I've been more open about reading/watching shoujo material after I watched Lovely Complex and *loved* it. I shouldn't put much importance on score, but seeing utterly derivative stuff like this from the same author with an average score of 7.41 has me shaking my head a bit.

I leave you with an unintentionally meta panel

Kashiwagi's asking the right questions

Naruto

Obito: Ever since Rin died...I've been feeling lonely.
Naruto: *holds out hand* Wanna be friends? *I* Will be your Rin. Watching you and whatnot.

-___-

Naruto
TNJ as expected no much else to say .

Bleach
Well we see what Ichigo up to and i hope he gets there soon .

One Piece
Back story before we get the ball rolling .

R.I.P

Naruto

Talk no jutsu all over my face

Bleach

Pretty meh chapter, but Ichigo's cloak is cool

One Piece

Nothing much happened, except for things everyone guessed ages ago (the toy soldier being Rebecca's father, etc.) Let's hope Oda doesn't offscreen the Law vs. Mango fight again.

Lain

I think I lost a fair amount of brain cells by reading the BF4 comparison thread.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo volume 2
Vzy.jpg

I had to start from volume 2 because Amazon still hasn't shipped the first one.
It was quite the fun read, light with some fights and lots of feelings, as Jinbee comes off as a rather good natured dude able to influence the people around him in positive ways, plus he seems like an optimist.

Maybe the way he became a rival with Hibachi, as well as how he made Mugai take notice is a bit too cliché, but I enjoyed it.

Another nice touch are the fanservice-y moments with Oharu, which serve also as comedy relief breaks, where Jinbee gets beaten up by all Oharu's admirers while also managing to get her in some embarrassing position.

Parasite Doctor Suzune volume 5
Wzy.jpg

Well, the thing I liked more about this, i.e. Suzune managing to not get nailed, is no longer. It was clear with the way volume 4 ended but I kept hoping something would happen to stop it. Not that I wouldn't have liked to see her get into some action, just not like that, not by the hand of those assholes.

The positive side is that it made the plot even more interesting and confused, because understanding who are the good guys and who are the bad guys is something I'm lost on at this point.
Suzune is definitely on the side of good, but is she being unwittingly used? It's clear, by what has been said, that she's identical to a certain other one, in every sense, but who is this other one? A clone? Her mother? The only thing clear is that whoever she is, she's been done a lot.

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 30-45
You are telling me that Doujima is almost 40? EVEN MORE GAR!
Also the harem Soma has is huge, i would choose Yuuki (the one that watches the chickens).

Gintamen

Naruto

Reread the chapter and I finally know why Obito wants to recreate a world with Rin in it. Of course he would have liked to touch those fine Zettai Ryouiki thights of hers. :p

Shokugeki no Soma 30-45
You are telling me that Doujima is almost 40? EVEN MORE GAR!
Also the harem Soma has is huge, i would choose Yuuki (the one that watches the chickens).
Poor girl, did all the work, got nothing to eat. :/

Naruto

Why is TNJ the only thing Kishi knows how to write?

Bleach

At least what's his name got owned after explaining his powers like an idiot... Again

Ichigo looked bad ass, kind of reminded me of the design of the dead guy who helped Ichigo and co in movie 4

One Piece

Nothing that we didn't already guess/know, but a good set up chapter none the less.

One Piece

Pretty boring chapter, it was mostly just talking and flashbacks. Also the identity of the soldier was revealed, but most people already knew what he was going to be.

Khezu

Naruto

On the positive, at least this TNJ is 1000x better then how he turned Nagato. Still not good, but maybe acceptable for a comic book aimed at 12 year olds.

I wonder how many chapters until Mads kills him now. Hopefully he can at least give his other eye to Kakashi.

Village

7OrYOUv.gif

(that's my standard response when people insult Toriko)

I didn't know there were people who liked toriko enough to get upset.

Naruto

I like how naruto is saying they are simular, but their situations were far too different, and dudes situation did not allow him to do anywhere near the stuff that naruto was able to

Gintamen

you poor things.
Minds richly filled with awesome foods.

A lot of people do care for toriko, so it always suprises me when someone like you posts a comment like yours.

Naruto[/B]
I like how naruto is saying they are simular, but their situations were far too different, and dudes situation did not allow him to do anywhere near the stuff that naruto was able to
Eh, but Madara did die a couple months later, leaving the Rinnegan to him. He had the chance and possiblity to do something else, he chose not to.

Village

Did you actually read Toriko through the century soup arc? I'll admit the series starts slow/dumb but when it picks up it does get awesome

I think its ok, I do not think it should get all the shit it gets. However i do not think its very good, especially in the art department. Its the same issue I have with kenichi, I just looks so bad.

Minds richly filled with awesome foods.

A lot of people do care for toriko, so it always suprises me when someone like you posts a comment like yours.

I suppose someone at the jump sales department wishes this were true.

Village

Its a fun romp, I just do not think jump should have put that many eggs into that basket.

Also , please take my opinion with salt when it comes to manga's that involve cooking as one of its main elements. I hate them with a passion.

LeleSocho

Banned
I like both Toriko's and Kenichi's art.
Toriko gives me the pathetically big main characters vibe from the old shonens which i like and Kenichi's is only okay outside battles but gorgeous when they fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom