• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
flipping_heck said:
Though no one will like this, this video has a convincing enough argument...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmPoc5UFYj8&eurl=http://krystalarchive.dwightdesign.com/

Every month (bar September and Novemeber) started off with a newcomer, challenger approaching message.
Still hoping for KOS-MOS!!

The fight that would ensue would be the megaton of that update. I'd have to come in, say I liked it, then flee before you all killed me and hung my corpse to a tree as a warning to the others.

crowphoenix said:
The fight that would ensue would be the megaton of that update. I'd have to come in, say I liked it, then flee before you all killed me and hung my corpse to a tree as a warning to the others.

As I've said before about this debate:

No matter your stance on what Krystal represents, the Smash Series is really lacking in playable female characters.
Krystal would be a good addition, especially with Sakurai's ability to make awesome moves no one thought of.

Jiggy

The true megaton will be when they reveal SSBM Physics Mode where wavedashing is still in and L-canceling isn't automatic, thus pulling in all those stubborn people who were going to stay with Melee forever after they heard about the simplification of Brawl.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:
The true megaton will be when they reveal SSBM Physics Mode where wavedashing is still in and L-canceling isn't automatic, thus pulling in all those stubborn people who were going to stay with Melee forever after they heard about the simplification of Brawl.

We'd be better off without them.

Reminds me of people complaining about the transition from SSB to Melee

"The sound effects were all wrong!"

"Throwing doesn't do anything!"

"The game is too fast!"

Live and learn.

Jiggy37 said:

Who cares about a handful of people that refuse to evolve and learn?

The first thing im gonna do when i wake up next morning is to see if my Wii is glowing blue.. oh man.. just thinking about whats gonna happen tomorrow is gonna make me stay awake the whole night!

Jiggy

I agree we don't really need such people, and that's exactly why it would be an enormous megaton. :D People claiming Sakurai shouldn't have pandered to the SSBM diehards, people claiming that Sakurai is a genius and the greatest thing to happen to gaming, wars over whether this mode had anything to do with the delay, whether it would have been worth it if it did, discussion about what it meant when in the pre-Dojo days Sakurai said he had access to the source code from SSBM, discussion about why--if that's true--some of the Melee stages couldn't be recreated 100% accurately, and all sorts of other frenzied nonsense. :D

Man God said:
Man, why do I suddenly get the urge to play Tales of Symphonia every few times I visit this thread???
I blame Firestorm.

Im going to be a pessimist and say Sakurai dosent view today as a big deal. It was the day the game was going to be released, and its not anymore. Pokemon update...prepare yourselves for the biggest letdown yet.

Rotanibor

flipping_heck said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmPoc5UFYj8&eurl=http://krystalarchive.dwightdesign.com/

Every month (bar September and Novemeber) started off with a newcomer, challenger approaching message.

What the hell is wrong with the person that made that. They created a five and a half minute video to explain something that took maybe 5 lines of text to explain on the last page of this thread.

Jiggy

BlueSummers said:
Im going to be a pessimist and say Sakurai dosent view today as a big deal. It was the day he was going to be released, and its not anymore. Pokemon update...prepare yourselves for the biggest letdown yet.
Even if he didn't see it as anything special, there's only been one time we started off a month with an update that people didn't really like.

May: The Musicians megaton (+ Battlefield and basic rules)
June: Delfino Plaza (first new stage shown off)
July: Assist trophies megaton
August: Ike (first non-E3 newcomer shown off)
September: Pit's Descent
October: Lucas
November: Meta Knight's final smash

Hope. Believe. :D

Jiggy37 said:
Even if he didn't see it as anything special, there's only been one time we started off a month with an update that people didn't really like.

May: The Musicians megaton (+ Battlefield and basic rules)
June: Delfino Plaza (first new stage shown off)
July: Assist trophies megaton
August: Ike (first non-E3 newcomer shown off)
September: Pit's Descent
October: Lucas
November: Meta Knight's final smash

Hope. Believe. :D

You're right. We've been too pessimistic for far too long. Tonights will be better. It will be both difficulty sliders and volume control.

I kid. I'm really hoping for something good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
crowphoenix said:
You're right. We've been too pessimistic for far too long. Tonights will be better. It will be both difficulty sliders and volume control.

I kid. I'm really hoping for something good.

Being pessemistic helps you cope with the inevitable disappointmenton

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
flipping_heck said:

Waaaait a minute!
flipping_heck said:
Zoom in!
flipping_heck said:
...youtube.com/watch?v=VmPoc5UFYj8&eurl=http://krystalarchive.dwightdesign.com/
6jlx21h.gif

flipping_heck said:
krystalarchive.dwightdesign.com/
n209501964_30798814_6271.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
JohnTinker said:
Waaaait a minute!

Zoom in!

http://i13.tinypic.com/6jlx21h.gif[img]

[IMG]http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v151/233/45/209501964/n209501964_30798814_6271.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
OH SNAP

AceBandage said:
I took tomorrow off just to play online matches all day!

Yeah, it sucks. Cause you know, we'd all be in the on-line forum right now setting up and scheduling matches, doing a little smack talking, swapping Wii codes so that we could make sure people had the game specific codes. *Sigh* Man, this sucks.

GamerSoul

I feelin a little better about December, but i still don't know what Sakurai wants to accomplish with the updates before the game is released. It would make sense for him to get all the How To Plays/Game Modes/Final Smashes done before-hand so people know the basic features. I can see him continuing to hold off some new characters.
WHY have they not been leaked yet!!!!

Character or Story update tonight.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
TenshiOni said:
Brawl to have a 10+ hour story mode? More third parties?

Got this off of Smash Boards (Yes, I realize they're not the most credible of sources but he seems to have support):

If this has any weight to it, might be worth a separate thread.
This is not credible until someone confirms that the news is actually from Famitsu and not just some Korean site claiming to have seen it in Famitsu.

GamerSoul said:
I feelin a little better about December, but i still don't know what Sakurai wants to accomplish with the updates before the game is released. It would make sense for him to get all the How To Plays/Game Modes/Final Smashes done before-hand so people know the basic features. I can see him continuing to hold off some new characters.
WHY have they not been leaked yet!!!!

Character or Story update tonight.

I think that from now until launch, the updates will remain very average with some good updates here and there, but very few megatons. Maybe 1 or 2 more.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
crowphoenix said:
Guys, if we somehow get a demo tonight, which I doubt, but if we do, please use your Psych powers to wake me up.

Stop with this demo nonsense...you are only going to be let down

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
HK-47 said:
Stop with this demo nonsense...you are only going to be let down
Seriously. If theres anything less than a demo there will be some people here crying their eyes out.

A demo isn't happening, kids. First and foremost theres probably entirely not enough room in the Wii's memory to hold a demo. New video? Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sysgen

JohnTinker said:
Seriously. If theres anything less than a demo there will be some people here crying their eyes out.

A demo isn't happening, kids. First and foremost theres probably entirely not enough room in the Wii's memory to hold a demo. New video? Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

How about a disc demo via gamestop.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Catching up with the discussion I missed while at work...

Jiggy37 said:
(Incidentally, I think Star Fox is also in line with FE/Mother sales-wise in this post-Star Fox 64 period, but I really, really don't want to predict Krystal tonight.) T.

Is it? I'm not at all sure, but didn't Star Fox Adventures make Player's Choice? And Assault at least got that "best seller!" label on the box that a few other first party titles like Paper Mario 2 received, correct?
Hopefully
we won't have to worry about the Krystal scourge tonight.

Man God said:
Man, why do I suddenly get the urge to play Tales of Symphonia every few times I visit this thread???

If Jiggy's Colette avatar can give people the urge to play Symphonia, then I wonder if my Mother avatars can inspire someone to play a Mother game?
Probably not.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sysgen said:
How about a disc demo via gamestop.

With what game though...pretty much every big release or game that could have used a pack in like that (the old MGS 2 demo in ZOE thing) between now and Smash is on store shelves

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't want a demo anyway.

The game is so polished and so full-featured, that it would almost be wrong to play a stripped-down version of it. And to play that to death for a few months waiting for the real deal would just cheapen things.

I can wait a few more months for the GOTF.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Iam Canadian said:
It's not like the Metroid channel was really any better.

The Metroid official site didnt have all those trailers when the MP3 channel came out...hell it took forever for that site to official recognize MP3's existence

Crushed

Fry Daddy
NEWCOMER: LOUIS FARRAKHAN

6sveolu.jpg

From beyond the realm of gaming, the head of the Nation of Islam comes roaring into battle. Angry at the lack of black characters in Smash Bros., Farrakhan plans to show the Japanese who's boss.

8fytd92.jpg

"FARRAKHANPANCHI!"

71q8nq8.jpg

"FARRAKHANPUREECHU!"

6q9kwlc.jpg

"Show me your Je-"

Most Honorable Minister Farrakhan, please refrain from racially insensitive comments. The world of Smash is all about unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom