• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

usea said:
The game (nor its online mode) will be significantly different between jpn and na releases. The difference is solely for release timing. I've been saying this for a long time, but everybody seems to think the game was delayed so they can add more characters or something. And yet the jpn release date isn't even a month later than it was previously. Nintendo has absurd QA and certs to go through, they aren't adding new stuff at the last minute. The game is done.

Well, I guess they might do little balance tweaks like between the NTSC and PAL versions? How far was the release date between those two?

And the avatar was You-Know-Who right? I think I see his upside down head. Too lazy to invert. Guess that's one week or two weeks or whatever for being a smartass about it :lol

It seems that item debate and shenanigans put me over 1k posts in this thread. There's been nothing to comment on lately or I'd have been ahead long ago.

Firestorm

Iam Canadian said:
I'd be playing The Subspace Emissary right now. :(

I should be finished the Subspace Emissary by now
7y3ob5j.png

Milabrega

Firestorm said:
Yeah, he can replace Sonic on the front page. Also found this on Smogon:

<Almost had Smash Day Pic>

We need that sad face Electrode as a smiley.

Right now, I would have beaten S.E. and I'd be working vigorously on unlocking Everyone before the first multiplayer match is even played.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
If it makes you guys feel better: The delay was announced about two months ago... and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, right?

Well... we have about two months to go from this point until Brawl's release. If the last two months went by fairly quickly, these next two should fly by as well. :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
usea said:
The game (nor its online mode) will be significantly different between jpn and na releases. The difference is solely for release timing. I've been saying this for a long time, but everybody seems to think the game was delayed so they can add more characters or something. And yet the jpn release date isn't even a month later than it was previously. Nintendo has absurd QA and certs to go through, they aren't adding new stuff at the last minute. The game is done.

Thats exactly what I said. fixing bugs + time for Q&A isnt adding content. Online gaming is a huge deal in terms of bug fixing and its no surprise that a game is delayed to iron problems like that.

Raging Spaniard said:
Thats exactly what I said. fixing bugs + time for Q&A isnt adding content. Online gaming is a huge deal in terms of bug fixing and its no surprise that a game is delayed to iron problems like that.
But...it wasn't. It was likely delayed to add more time for production. Seventeen days is not a lot of time for anything but production.

Japan has fewer people than America. They do not need two million copies shipped across the country. The US, on the other hand, does.

ivysaur12

Banned
I inverted my colors but I still don't get it >.<

Even with Novembust being over I'm still sad I'm not playing Smash today :(

EDIT: Oh, haha, I didn't flip it. Anyways...

Danthrax said:
1,472 people total have posted in this thread
495 ppl. with 10+ posts (33.6%)
104 ppl. with 100+ posts (7%)
27 ppl. with 300+ posts (1.8%)
4 ppl. with 1,000+ posts (0.2%)

And here's the top 25 posters:

Jiggy37 - 1,771
Zeed - 1,402
ShockingAlberto - 1,043
Firestorm - 1,006
Iam Canadian - 996
SuperAngelo64 - 961
Haunted One - 806
grandjedi6 - 649
CreatureX3 - 632
Linkzg - 540
ant1532 - 489
A Link to the Snitch - 478
MrCheez - 477
Scribble - 451
GamerSoul - 390
Keru_Shiri - 383
superbank - 377
WildArms - 358
crowphoenix - 356
_Alkaline_ - 334
Crushed - 325
Linkhero1 - 320
Insaniac - 316
NeonZ - 314
Dark Ninja - 310

Ha. I not even on the list anymore.

Me feels so ashamed. :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Huzzah! Zeed returns! C'mon, everybody, let's hear it for Zeed!

*Dead silence. Crickets chirp. A tumbleweed blows by*

Zeed

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
I miss Zeed, personally.
Aw, I missed you too Canadian.

Though Angelo is no longer among us, he went out in quite a spectacular way. His was proud work. I'll pour one out for you tonight, Angelo.

So, Jiggy, how many Megatons have we ever gotten on a Tuesday? I seem to remember Tuesdays sucking.

Jiggy

It's kind of like the hydra, except one of Angelo left and only one of Zeed came back. We need two Zeeds. :( Replying to you in a moment, by the way.

Iam Canadian said:
We're not competing.
How can we compete with the posting juggernaut that is Jiggy?
I'll have you know I've been tracking your progress and it's been frightening me. >_>

MrCheez said:
If it makes you guys feel better: The delay was announced about two months ago... and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, right?

Well... we have about two months to go from this point until Brawl's release. If the last two months went by fairly quickly, these next two should fly by as well. :D
This is true. Now let's just hope that we don't continue into Decembust. D:
On the bright side, I do have some sort of game-related news to look forward to every day of the week except Saturday.

Sunday: First Dojo update of the week
Monday: VC Monday, second Dojo update
Tuesday: Third Dojo update
Wednesday: Media-Create top 30 software sales, fourth Dojo update
Thursday: Media Create 31-50 and hardware sales, fifth Dojo update
Friday: JSnake's grand reveal of the upcoming games for VC Monday
Saturday: Nada :(

So goes life.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
So, Jiggy, how many Megatons have we ever gotten on a Tuesday? I seem to remember Tuesdays sucking.
Tuesday Tracking

Megatons: 2 (The Musicians, Wi-Fi Play)
Characters: 2 (Bowser, Yoshi)
Character movies: 1 (Snake)
Final smashes: 4 (Mario, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Kirby)
Special moves: 2 (Ike, Diddy Kong)
Stages: 3 (Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Shadow Moses Island)
Assist trophies: 4 (Dr. Wright, Devil, Andross, Lyn)
Normal items: 3 (Pitfall, items from previous installments, Smart Bomb)
Poke Balls: 3 (What is a Poke Ball, Groudon, Deoxys)
How to play: 4 (Basic rules, what is a final smash, four kinds of special moves, taunts)
Game modes: 4 (Homerun Contest, Classic mode, Training mode, 16:9)
Story mode: 2 (Subspace Army, Donkey Kong Makes His Stand)
Music: 4 (OoT medley, Ashley's theme, Cooking Navi, Donkey Kong)

Yeah, you might safely say Tuesday has almost never been a good time for updates.

-Never a new character
-Loads of final smashes/assist trophies/normal items/Poke Balls/how to play--most of these are people's least favorite types of updates
-Even if you like final smashes, two of them were already known
-Even if you like how to play, there was nothing new like gliding or footstool jumping, or even the changed tether recovery mechanic
-Literally half the Poke Ball updates we've had came from a Tuesday
-The DK story mode video had already been seen
-All of the game modes are old except 16:9
-A decent number of stages but one of them is a reskinned Battlefield

Yeah.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
-Literally half the Poke Ball updates we've had came from a Tuesday
I'm calling Poke Ball update tonight. You heard it here first.

Jiggy37 said:
It's kind of like the hydra, except one of Angelo left and only one of Zeed came back. We need two Zeeds. :(
I thought it was more like the Sith. Always two there are, a Master, and an Apprentice.

"But which was destroyed? The Master, or the Apprentice?"

Cyan said:
User Name Posts
Jiggy37 1,774
Zeed 1,404
ShockingAlberto 1,047
Firestorm 1,010
Iam Canadian 1,007

Nah, that's not even a competition. But still, all of you guys are madmen.
I remember the good old days when Jiggy had just passed me and none of the others were even close to four digits. Times change, huh?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I like assist trophies - as it usually highlights some new character, despite not really being playable.

If there would be another Fire Emblem Assist Trophy, I'd like it to be Nephenee - my favorite character from the two recent FE entries. She can dodge, critical hits like mad, and even take more damage than Armored Knights. With the Impale, Vantage and Provoke skills she can solo through whole missions if I wanted her to :p Plus she doesn't have any of the weaknesses of others (laguz vs magic, winged units vs wind/bows, wyverns vs thunder/wyvernblades, armored knights vs hammers/thani, knights vs horseslayers etc etc)

180px-Nephenee.jpg

Iam Canadian

Well, if always two there are, Zeed, then you need a new apprentice.

I'm actually expecting an Assist Trophy tonight. Sakurai's probably got a wealth of them to use for updates (as compared to things like stages and characters, which are comparatively finite) and we haven't gotten one in a little while.

Besides, they're often some ridiculously obscure piece of Nintendo miscellany and that's more fun than a Pokemon.

Cedric

http://www.supermariolegacy.com/

This rumor couldn't come with more perfect timing!

With the rumor of a Super Mario RPG Ds sequel, which Nintendo has not denied after I questioned them, there's another rumor floating around. Apparently, Geno will be confirmed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl this week...and some are speculating tomorrow.

This news comes as a bit of a shock...why would someone know it before it's posted? The sources that I've seen may be good or bad, I do not know their credibility.

http://tim.cstj.net/etudiant/2004/0445759/GENOCONFIRMED/newsStory.htm

This news just arrived at our headquarters, straight from Nintendo's office. They confirmed that Geno, the playable wood doll from Super Mario RPG : Legend Of The Seven Star, would appear as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! The official website, known as the Smash Bros. Dojo!!, will be update tonight with Geno's profile. Keep a close eye on the website tonight.

Make it happen.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I'll have you know I've been tracking your progress and it's been frightening me. >_>

That's actually vaguely creepy in an Orwellian way.

Regarding this supposed inside information regarding tonight's update...no. Not getting my hopes up again. Inside sauce is poison sauce.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Geno would be cool as long as he doesn't count as taking up the S-E third party slot. He seems like a reasonable newcomer, although I don't expect him tonight.

MisterHero

Can we conclude that all the characters that were revealed before today (the original release date) are the starting line-up?

Though because of the huge lack of Items, Assist Trophies and Pokemon that might not be entirely true...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MisterHero said:
Can we conclude that all the characters that were revealed before today (the original release date) are the starting line-up?

Though because of the huge lack of Items, Assist Trophies and Pokemon that might not be entirely true...
We'll know on the 15th when that CoroCoro piece is out. I'm pretty sure they are, save for Sonic and Snake but the 3rd parties being unlockable may have changed.

NickP786

That would make me quite sad ): Mario RPG has one of my favorite cast of characters in any game period, and Geno just plain kicks ass

As badass as it would be to have Geno in, that source sounds fake as hell. We shall see tonight I guess.

EDIT: Wait, is it eXxy that's claiming this? Maybe there's more weight to this then I originally thought, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
Snap, Angelo's gone?

With both Angelo and Zeed gone, this thread became 100% more usable again!

I dunno...we actually need some consecutive updates that are decent. This is really getting annoying.

Iam Canadian

By the way, is Cedric's second link a fake 1Up news post?

Yeah, that's credible.

Zeed said:
Are you interested in the dark side, Canadian? We have very good employee benefits.

The Dark Side has always attracted me as a career option and I hope that we have a lucrative future together.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Zeed is still banned?! I had no idea!

-salutes-

Let the games begin!

I think I'll start things off with a nice

"Hey guys, you know this stupid looking avatar I've been using for a few weeks now?!?! Flip it upside down in paint and invert the colors!"

this was actually quite clever.

Zeed

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
The Dark Side has always attracted me as a career option and I hope that we have a lucrative future together.
Well then, you shall be...Darth Canadian.

Together we shall rule this thread! Praise be to your glorious predecessor, the great martyr Darth Angelo.

Keru_Shiri said:
Anyway, my prediction for tonight: Geno AT
If Geno gets announced tonight I'll commit seppuku with a blunt fork.

Jiggy

RoboPlato said:
Jiggy, out of morbid curiosity what's the character to weeks of updates ratio now?
23:28 in terms of full five-day weeks. (We're in the 29th week, but the first week only had four days.)

Zeed said:
If Geno gets announced tonight I'll commit seppuku with a blunt fork.
I'll blame you if it happens. :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Bah had me fooled for a second there. Someone made the trouble of faking a 1up post, when people could just check 1up to if it's actually there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom