• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
As awesome as Geno would be, I'd hardly expect that, specially with those sources as support :lol .

Prediction for today: Klonoa. Now he would be awesome. That or Green Hill Zone-themed stage.

Jiggy

If Decembomba is to continue: Predicting a final smash update for Zero Suit Samus.
If Gleecember is to begin: Predicting Black Shadow.
If December is to be average: Predicting we get the Smash remix of the Wii Shop Channel music.

I expect an average month, so the Shop Channel music is my official prediction.

mclem

Raging Spaniard said:
You know it had me confused for a while. Originally the game was going to ship in the US FIRST, but now Japan gets the game a month EARLIER. Whats the deal with that? After thinking about it, the answer is simple, the delay is most probably to iron out the online mode. Its a known fact that US gamers demand a better online mode (and that the Japanese dont really give a shit), so thats why the game will come out on America later, to polish the online aspect as much as possible.

This is actually the thing that confuses me the most. Ensuring compatibility between both versions means that the online mode and all of the gameplay needs to be finalised at the point the first copy ships - I'm assuming, here, that there's no patching structure in order. If they were going to restrict play to just within one region, then it wouldn't be an issue, but you can't have the US on one ruleset while the Japanese are on a subtly different one.

mclem said:
This is actually the thing that confuses me the most. Ensuring compatibility between both versions means that the online mode and all of the gameplay needs to be finalised at the point the first copy ships - I'm assuming, here, that there's no patching structure in order. If they were going to restrict play to just within one region, then it wouldn't be an issue, but you can't have the US on one ruleset while the Japanese are on a subtly different one.

They probably are restricting play to region specific as hinted at here.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Zeed, I'd just like to mention, the next time you get yourself banned in this thread, it's going to be perm.

Scribble

As I've said before, if Sakurai knew that DK fans wanted Stickerbush Symphony so badly, then he almost certainly knows how much Mario RPG fans want Geno in.

Jiggy

Scribble said:
As I've said before, if Sakurai knew that DK fans wanted Stickerbush Symphony so badly, then he almost certainly knows how much Mario RPG fans want Geno in.
We already know he knows, because of the character poll results.

Incidentally, I'm probably the only person I've ever seen who actively hates Geno and doesn't want him anywhere near this game. >_> Or any other game, for that matter. But with that said, if it came down to Geno, Bowser Jr., Cloud, 3D Pac-Man, or Krystal for character-I-want-to-never-see-again, then please, please, Sakurai, bring on the wooden abomination with the body of Pinnochio and the personality of Jiminy Cricket and leave those other ones out. A doll sounds like a great punching bag anyway.

*adds Geno to the anathema character list*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SuperAngelo64 is finally dead eh? I don't think he ever posted outside of this thread.

I do like how he commited account suicide on exactly his 1000 post though

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
SuperAngelo64 is finally dead eh? I don't think he ever posted outside of this thread.

I do like how he commited account suicide on exactly his 1000 post though
In that case, he posted outside exactly 36 times, since he's only got 964 here in the Dojo update thread. In fact, 9 of those 36 mystical non-SSBB posts turn up on the first results page of a search on his name. :eek:

zoku88

Jiggy37 said:
In that case, he posted outside exactly 36 times, since he's only got 964 here in the Dojo update thread. In fact, 9 of those 36 mystical non-SSBB posts turn up on the first results page of a search on his name. :eek:
Wow, that is kinda odd. His whole (GAF) life was in this thread, almost.

Jiggy37 said:

Incidentally, I'm probably the only person I've ever seen who actively hates Geno and doesn't want him anywhere near this game. >_> Or any other game, for that matter. But with that said, if it came down to Geno, Bowser Jr., Cloud, 3D Pac-Man, or Krystal for character-I-want-to-never-see-again, then please, please, Sakurai, bring on the wooden abomination with the body of Pinnochio and the personality of Jiminy Cricket and leave those other ones out. A doll sounds like a great punching bag anyway.

You can add me to Bowser Jr. and Geno, Jiggly. I'll join you on those. And what the heck happened in here? Zeed's back and Angelo is perm'd? Time to browse.

Rotanibor

Angelo needs to now do the sensible thing for a fresh perma-ban and start up his own rival gaf site.

I'm also starting to get a little itchy for a new character. We need one soon or I am just going to stop bothering to look at the dojo site every night.

sprsk

I think it's either a month or two months. I shoulda made it till after the game came out.

He's definitely not being a rebel, he's just trying to either A. be annoying because he thinks he's being funny by going back on the bet he himself put into place, or B. be annoying because he doesn't know how to be anything else.

Rotanibor

sp0rsk said:
I think it's either a month or two months. I shoulda made it till after the game came out.

I'm honestly surprised you went so light on him. Let it never be said you don't have a heart sp0rsky!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sp0rsk said:

He's definitely not being a rebel, he's just trying to either A. be annoying because he thinks he's being funny by going back on the bet he himself put into place, or B. be annoying because he doesn't know how to be anything else.

It was very hard to read this thread when people started acting like that...and not being able to respond is worse

zoku88

sp0rsk said:

Wow, that was quite nice of you actually. I would've permed him for trying sneaky stuff like that :-/

Rotanibor

Jiggy37 said:

Put me down for Geno and Cloud. Those two can suck it.

Man, I can't believe it's already December 3rd, and nadda. Nothing in my hands. Ah well, at least I still have something to look forward to.

I'll mix it up tonight and predict a pokeball either Moltres or Zapidos.

But, boy would I like a character. Someone new to speculate about, but I don't think we're going to get one for a while. Friend Codes seems like the last post that would be made before release. So, I think we've got the starters, and no new characters will come out before Japan gets it.

Zeed

Banned
Tristam said:
lol Zeed's back!

Zeed, do stop getting banned, I always miss you! :(
Well the only times I ever actually get important stuff done is when I can't access GAF. In fact, with several important things happening this month I might have someone ban me until Christmas day.

However, we can still relish our brief time together. How would you like to join my cult, Tristam?

Tristam

Zeed said:
Well the only times I ever actually get important stuff done is when I can't access GAF. In fact, with several important things happening this month I might have someone ban me until Christmas day.

However, we can still relish our brief time together. How would you like to join my cult, Tristam?

:lol

I value my account (for now).

sprsk

Zeed said:

No, you don't get any more temp bans. The mod staff aren't your baby sitter, we aren't your bookie either.

Jiggy

Different Pokemon wouldn't happen unless it was a completely separate character. It would be hard enough just to match up the attack styles of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard with three others, never mind also matching their animations.

But yeah, girl Pokemon Trainer needs to happen. And also the Emerald trainers. (I do like Hikari/Dawn more than Haruka/May, but not enough so to offset my hatred for the D/P guy. :mad: He and his obnoxious hat can stay right out of Brawl, thank you.)

Zeed

Banned
sp0rsk said:
No, you don't get any more temp bans. The mod staff aren't your baby sitter, we aren't your bookie either.
I didn't know that the mod staff were a faceless collective. Didn't you just say that I'd cop the perm if I got banned in this thread?

I'm well aware that you're determined to perm me the first chance you get, and if that's what makes your day go for it. I'm not going to go out of my way to provide you with any reasons to pull the trigger, and if you don't go out of your way to find a reason to do so I may be around here for a long time yet. It's up to you bud, the only reason I'd care is because of the select few GAFFers that I'd miss.

Until the time comes I'm going to keep on truckin, and when it does I'll just shrug and move on. As is, I'm fairly sure that there's a mod somewhere out there kind enough to give me a holiday until the 25th.

But I digress, that's all I have to say on the subject. You ought to hold off on that permaban if only to see whether or not I get to commit seppuku with a blunt fork over Geno tonight.

JCX

I predict that you'll be able to equip characters with items before the battle. This would allow almost instant change to ZSamus.

sprsk

Zeed said:
I didn't know that the mod staff were a faceless collective. Didn't you just say that I'd cop the perm if I got banned in this thread?

I'm well aware that you're determined to perm me the first chance you get, and if that's what makes your day go for it. I'm not going to go out of my way to provide you with any reasons to pull the trigger, and if you don't go out of your way to find a reason to do so I may be around here for a long time yet. It's up to you bud, the only reason I'd care is because of the select few GAFFers that I'd miss.

Until the time comes I'm going to keep on truckin, and when it does I'll just shrug and move on. As is, I'm fairly sure that there's a mod somewhere out there kind enough to give me a holiday until the 25th.

But I digress, that's all I have to say on the subject. You ought to hold off on that permaban if only to see whether or not I get to commit seppuku with a blunt fork over Geno tonight.

Ban bets, suicides, it's annoying, we're tired of it, either stop it or you're gone.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Zeed said:
There is no pain greater than death by a blunt sp0rsk

Jiggy37 said:

Put me down for the lamest videogame character ever created.....Cloud.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Different Pokemon wouldn't happen unless it was a completely separate character. It would be hard enough just to match up the attack styles of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard with three others, never mind also matching their animations.

But yeah, girl Pokemon Trainer needs to happen. And also the Emerald trainers. (I do like Hikari/Dawn more than Haruka/May, but not enough so to offset my hatred for the D/P guy. :mad: He and his obnoxious hat can stay right out of Brawl, thank you.)

It wouldnt work anyways...you'd never be able to match up the hitboxes. I think he possible meant it as a seperate character?

trainergirl.jpg

So the 1up page was a fake? I didn't know you could that. It seems like a lot of work for a hoax, but I suppose that kind of thing is par for the course these days on the internet.

I'll still maintain my prediction of Geno AT.

And while all the Geno hate? Granted he's not big on personallity, but the one reason why I liked him was his specials. Geno Whirl, Geno Flash, Geno Blast, not the most creative of names, but they looked cool as hell back in those days. In my book, he joins the ranks of Ashley, Soren, and Micaiah as spellcasters that I'd like to see in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom