• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
HK-47 said:
The eel in SM 64...hate that son of a bitch. The eels in SMG have nothing on that bad SOB
I hated that fucking eel. He'd never come out of his hole. I'm all, "Come out of your hole so I can get into that ship!" and he's all, "No!" So I hang around and grab a few coins to keep my health up, and I finally have to go all the way up for air, and as I come back down I see him finally swimming around, but he swims back into the hole before I can get down there.

Hated that bastard. Good thing in Galaxy you can peg them with shells.

Also, how about Wallmasters and Floormasters from Zelda? Those things always freaked me out. Especially those ones in Twilight Princess...

Anyway, they could make good assist trophies. A shadow would appear on the ground, and if you stepped on it, it could drop from above and grab you and hold you still for a few seconds.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KevinCow said:
I hated that fucking eel. He'd never come out of his hole. I'm all, "Come out of your hole so I can get into that ship!" and he's all, "No!" So I hang around and grab a few coins to keep my health up, and I finally have to go all the way up for air, and as I come back down I see him finally swimming around, but he swims back into the hole before I can get down there.

Hated that bastard. Good thing in Galaxy you can peg them with shells.

Also, how about Wallmasters and Floormasters from Zelda? Those things always freaked me out. Especially those ones in Twilight Princess...

Anyway, they could make good assist trophies. A shadow would appear on the ground, and if you stepped on it, it could drop from above and grab you and hold you still for a few seconds.

That thing in the Well *shudders*

Also Redeads

Firestorm

Wallmaster scared the living crap out of me the first time I went to Forest Temple. Oh, my, god. Seriously. It was my first Zelda game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Suburban Cowboy said:
Prediciton: Crap we already knew about which certain posters will defend (for the 35th straight day in a row)

Amen. You can only defend crap for so long before it gets grating. And smelly.

KevinCow

Banned
HK-47 said:
Also Redeads
Oh god, I remember watching my older brother's friend play OoT way back when it came out. I must've been about ten or so.

I was like, "Hey, what's that funny moaning zombie thing--"

"WAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaAAAAAaaaHHHHHhhhHHHhh!!!!!"

And then it grabbed Link and humped his face to death.

Scared the shit out of me. That Christmas, my parents got my OoT for Christmas, one of the few times they got me something gaming related, but I was too scared to play it, so I returned it and got Pokemon instead. A stupid decision in retrospect, but at least there weren't things humping my face to death in Pokemon.

Rindain

Banned
I think it's time for another Assist Trophy (it's been 9 days of updates since Saki). I'd guess one of the AT's we know about--Advance Wars or Drill Dozer--or maybe, if we're lucky, that rumored Metroid AT.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Edit: Now I want that Boshi in. :eek: Best thing Square-Enix ever did with the Mario franchise. Maybe the only good thing period, actually, but I'd have to think about that one.

The best thing Square did for the Mario franchise was bring in the Axem Rangers. Those guys were awesome.

As for the things in games that scared me as a little kid, they're so ridiculously not scary that it's almost embarrassing to admit.
The trees with the eyes that followed you in the Dark World in LttP always creeped me out. Same with Phanto and the swarm of Boos in the first Ghost House in SMW. Yeah, I was a weird kid.

The only thing in games that still scares me today is Giygas.

Azuran

Banned
I'm predicting we're going to get an update on crawling. Hey, you can't never have enough How to Play updates right... RIGHT?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Iam Canadian said:
The best thing Square did for the Mario franchise was bring in the Axem Rangers. Those guys were awesome.

As for the things in games that scared me as a little kid, they're so ridiculously not scary that it's almost embarrassing to admit.
The trees with the eyes that followed you in the Dark World in LttP always creeped me out. Same with Phanto and the swarm of Boos in the first Ghost House in SMW. Yeah, I was a weird kid.

The only thing in games that still scares me today is Giygas.

Dont lie. The piano in SM64 still scares everyone. EVERYONE

Insaniac

KevinCow said:
Oh god, I remember watching my older brother's friend play OoT way back when it came out. I must've been about ten or so.

I was like, "Hey, what's that funny moaning zombie thing--"

"WAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaAAAAAaaaHHHHHhhhHHHhh!!!!!"

And then it grabbed Link and humped his face to death.

Scared the shit out of me. That Christmas, my parents got my OoT for Christmas, one of the few times they got me something gaming related, but I was too scared to play it, so I returned it and got Pokemon instead. A stupid decision in retrospect, but at least there weren't things humping my face to death in Pokemon.

oh god. Redeads. Those kept me from playing OoT for a long time because i never wanted to cross hyrule field at night, and I couldn't get the sun song cause of the freak redeads

I'm expecting assist trophy tonight. It's been a while since we've had one of those.

I'm really starting to think that we've seen the last character reveal...Sakurai already said he didn't want to reveal any hidden characters. We're at 23 (i think) right now, and that was just as many characters as were in Melee INCLUDING the secrets. Although I doubt that characters like Ganondorf, C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Luigi have been taken out (they're just too popular), I wouldn't be surprised to see them be bumped to hidden char. status for this game. They've all been in that position before anyway.

Pringo

Banned
I really want to predict that we'll get something good, but I can't even force myself to do it. I'm guessing another craptastic game mode update tonight. Or a final smash.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
QuickKick89 said:
I'm expecting assist trophy tonight. It's been a while since we've had one of those.

I'm really starting to think that we've seen the last character reveal...Sakurai already said he didn't want to reveal any hidden characters. We're at 23 (i think) right now, and that was just as many characters as were in Melee INCLUDING the secrets. Although I doubt that characters like Ganondorf, C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Luigi have been taken out (they're just too popular), I wouldn't be surprised to see them be bumped to hidden char. status for this game. They've all been in that position before anyway.
to be more specific captain falcon is the only character to not be hidden at some point in the series to date.

Prediction: Thousands of fans commit suicide in disappointment over another mediocre update.

Hopefully this statement serves as reverse psychology for Sakurai and his team somehow.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Returning Pokemon.

If you haven’t played the last game or the one before that, you may be left wondering something like, "Why isn’t this Pokémon or that Pokémon in the game?" All I’ve been introducing are the ones new to this game.

So now I’d like to introduce several of the Pokémon that appeared in past installments that will be appearing again in Brawl.

mball07_071204a-l.jpg

Suicune

mball07_071204a-l.jpg

Lugia

mball07_071204b-l.jpg

Entei

mball07_071204c-l.jpg

Staryu

mball07_071204d-l.jpg

Bellossom

mball07_071204e-l.jpg

Ho-Oh

mball07_071204f-l.jpg

Wobbuffet

mball07_071204g-l.jpg

Togepi

mball07_071204h-l.jpg

Snorlax

mball07_071204i-l.jpg

Celebi

mball07_071204j-l.jpg

The likelihood of mysterious Pokémon appearing is quite low. Mew and Celebi are especially rare, but they may leave you some kind of present.

mball07_071204k-l.jpg

Mew dropped a CD. Accept it with gratitude!

Jiggy

Oh hey, Pokemon from previous installments the one day I didn't predict it.

Iam Canadian said:
Don't know how I forgot about that one. Yes, the Axem Rangers own.

HK-47 said:
You've got a point. The funny thing is I've never actually been hurt by it, but it gets me every time. D:

KevinCow

Banned
HK-47 said:
MY GOD THE PIANO.

"Hey, here's a red coin behind HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!"

The music in the carousel part of that level creeps me out, too.

And returning Poageymanz? Come on.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
All I’ve been introducing are the ones new to this game.

Meowth begs to differ, Sakurai.

Anyway, this update had to come eventually, so I guess it's good to get it out of the way. It's nice to see Mew and Celebi get a practical purpose, though.

M3wThr33

Banned
At least that's out of the way now.
Kinda surprising he didn't parse this out into a weeklong thing.

Is this a precedent? Will this be a week of megatons? Maybe lasting until Xmas day for the downloadable demo AND the demo for the DS as well?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom