• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Economan

The good news is that there are only 3 'lame' updates left. That is, there are only 3 possible final smash updates left. I think that all of the 'returning X' updates are done now...

Hey, at least it's out of the way.

It's kind of a neat mini-update, the whole Mew shitting out CDs.

Makes me wonder how you're going to be able to acquire all of the music?

Economan said:
The good news is that there are only 3 'lame' updates left. That is, there are only 3 possible final smash updates left. I think that all of the 'returning X' updates are done now...
Don't count everything out yet. The Pause feature may yet make its triumphant return!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The character models for the Pokemon stand out as looking pretty shitty, don't like that.

"My low-poly Pokemons, let me show you them"

Jiggy

Economan said:
Characters without a final smash update: King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Pringo

Banned
Bah. I'm not even sure why I stay up for these any more...

And I wonder if there will be CDs/other collectibles that can only be obtained from Mew (or Celebi) drops. Cause that would be freaking annoying if it does happen. If so I'll be playing many, many matches with only pokeballs.

Firestorm

mball05_070920a.jpg

Economan said:

...Unless he does "Returning Items - Part II" and "Returning Pokémon - Part II".

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
grandjedi6 said:
Man those Pokemon model suck. Put some actually effort into it Sakurai

Yes, because Sakurai is modeling every single character and item himself.

I don't mind the subpar Pokemon models because it's not like they're on screen for more than five seconds anyway. Unless it's Bellossom, who seems to hang around for an eternity.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GaimeGuy said:
Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Accept it with Gratitude!

This should be the title of the thread from here on. Forever. Biggest bunch of whiners ever in here.

M3wThr33

Banned
I'll repost my old 'boring update' list.

Monday: SFX volume on the options menu
Tuesday: Music volume
Wednesday: Mono, stereo or Surround
Thursday: Game auto-saves
Friday: Screen position adjustment

Don't think boring updates are out of the way.

I'd add 'Credits' to the list, but the N64 ones were awesome.

yeah this is really starting to piss me off. I was thinking that they delayed the game to put in more content. Thus we would see this new content in the updates. But its obvious there is no new content and Sakrai is now having to streeeetch these daily updates because he's obviously running out of good ones.

Iam Canadian

I'm one of the biggest critics of the recent updates, but even I think the sense of entitlement is getting out of hand. I'm still happy to get updates at all.

I use terms like Novembust and Decembore in a purely facetious sense, I assure you.

Heh I can just see me playing with my friends and a CD drops-

"Guys stop fighting I have to get that CD! If you don't all stop fighting I'll turn it off!!"

Anyways, it's probably been brought up on page 390249230937343, but as anyone considered the possibility that he's basically shown us everything major he's willing to show before the game is released? It seems to me these past weeks of lackluster updates is a good indicator that he didn't plan for a delay and he's really stretching on these daily updates. Honestly there's no point in getting my hopes up anymore, and who cares, in a few months we'll all be playing it anyways and these updates will just be a distant memory.

perfectchaos007 said:
yeah this is really starting to piss me off. I was thinking that they delayed the game to put in more content. Thus we would see this new content in the updates. But its obvious there is no new content and Sakrai is now having to streeeetch these daily updates because he's obviously running out of good ones.

He COULD be delaying it to add hidden content?

Or add some music? We've gotten a great deal of music updates in November. Hell, maybe some of these updates weren't even planned to be in SSBB in the first place (like Spectator).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
perfectchaos007 said:

FUCK THAT SAKRAI BITCH, HE JUST DELAYED THE GAME TO SHOW US POEKMAN AND MAKE FUN OF TOURNAMENT PLAYERS

IM CANCELING MY PREORDER

scottnak

whine whine whine for sure. Jeeze guys
There are what... 40ish more updates that Sakurai had to invent to make up for the gap due to the delay... clearly these are gonna wear thin.

But meh to logic! At least we got the pokemon out in a nice swoop. Old ones that is...
Probably gonna get a nice wave of "returning" updates soon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Characters without a final smash update: King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Oh dont forget special moves...Sakurai has been only giving us three just so he can surprise us with the final move - on a Friday

Pringo

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Hmm, is the Sonic final smash the only one we know of out of those? Err, has the Zero Suit Samus one been revealed? I think I remember some discussion about it but I can't remember actually seeing it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
A Link to the Snitch said:
He COULD be delaying it to add hidden content?

Or add some music? We've gotten a great deal of music updates in November. Hell, maybe some of these updates weren't even planned to be in SSBB in the first place (like Spectator).

Its pretty obvious that its to work out the online play

Jiggy

-A drought of 33 update days ends for the Pokemon series and the Poke Ball update type; neither had appeared on the Dojo since Meowth on October 17th.

-Despite this drought, Pokemon continues to hang on to its status as the most-represented franchise on the Dojo, at 15 updates total (though almost half of them are a Poke Ball), well ahead of the 11 for runners-up Mario and Kirby.

-Poke Balls individually are the least frequent main update type, at 7, behind story mode's 9. Four of those Poke Ball updates showed up on Tuesday, so I suppose we can call it the Official Day of Teh Pokermans.

-The five least recent update types become character profile (October 25th), story mode (Novembust 5th), special moves (Novembust 15th), normal item (Novembust 20th), and assist trophy (Novembust 21st). Yes, I just killed our favorite joke by repetition. Live with it. :p

-28 days without a character.

-37 days until the Japanese release date. Actually, I could probably fairly say 36 due to time zone differences.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

"Throw me a frickin Pikmin here Sakurai!"

Seriously, a Pikmin in any shape or form would keep me going for weeks.

Man can live off Pikmin alone.

Iam Canadian

Pringo said:
Hmm, is the Sonic final smash the only one we know of out of those? Err, has the Zero Suit Samus one been revealed? I think I remember some discussion about it but I can't remember actually seeing it.

Zero Suit Samus gets the Crystal Flash, which brings back her Power Suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom