• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Anybody read the pokemon adventures manga?

Reading it years later, i like it more than the anime

Any body with me?

It's leagues better than the anime. Adventures actually tries to tell a story (and does pretty well at it too), with different protagonists every generation rather than sticking with one guy the entire fucking time (who seems to be suffering from brain damage). Past protagonists even show up in later stories.
It's such a shame Viz mistreated it for years.

Protag

Banned
It's leagues better than the anime. Adventures actually tries to tell a story (and does pretty well at it too), with different protagonists every generation rather than sticking with one guy the entire fucking time (who seems to be suffering from brain damage). Past protagonists even show up in later stories.

I was thinking of reading it through, you guys think its worth the time? Sounds like it is

Glass Rebel

Got my Atelier: Artwork of Arland Artbook. Such a great book full of awesome drawings.
I'll never understand those infidels that badmouth Mel Kishida.

I haven't played any of the games yet (might change that with the Vita games) but I just can't stand the generic art for most of the characters. I kinda like Totori somewhat but to me it looks like Tales of rejects with better colouring. :/

Reknoc

I haven't played any of the games yet (might change that with the Vita games) but I just can't stand the generic art for most of the characters. I kinda like Totori somewhat but to me it looks like Tales of rejects with better colouring. :/

The art is about the only good thing about the games

I will say it is pretty amazing how Viz is treating it now, since they are releasing concurrently three different parts of the series now.

The outfits are less elaborate than Tales which is what I like about them. And more subdue.

As in they are actually sensible outfits, not one step below Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts outfits in terms of what use is that.

Fairy Tail 358

If Laxus can gain a new power from all this inhaling then it would have been quite worth it. One minor thing I liked was the comedy present at least initially, hilarious commentary about Laxus there.

Articalys

I love how Mashima is basically just randomly sketching all the time on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/395789527135952896
UTolkxa.jpg

Glass Rebel

The art is about the only good thing about the games

rofl

The outfits are less elaborate than Tales which is what I like about them. And more subdue.

As in they are actually sensible outfits, not one step below Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts outfits in terms of what use is that.

Yeah, I can see that but I still don't like them :p

I mean, I like half-shorts as much as the next guy (meaning I find Tidus to be an all-round terrible design) but a character still has to stick out in some way. Akihiko Yoshida's designs are generally more sensible than the Nomura-style stuff and he's one of my top 3 VG artists. Atelier designs leave me cold :/

Lain

I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAYS GLASS REBEL-KUN!

Btw, is it the actual artwork, or the 3D models based on the artwork? Or both?

B.O.O.M

Good chapter for Fairy tale this week. Nice way to end it too...it's War

HSD kenichi...a bro eh :S Well that kinda sucks. I want to see Kenichi power up a bit tho...it's about damn time. maybe come up with another new move on his own.

Soul Cartel: I wonder if Michael kicked the bucket..doubt it. Good fight tho..I always knew he would specialize in defense since Mephisto was the arch devil of combat

God of High School: Wish it was longer tbh...good fight scenes as usual tho. and lol at 'I like you..you should be my wife' bit haha moooooo

Glass Rebel

I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAYS GLASS REBEL-KUN!

Btw, is it the actual artwork, or the 3D models based on the artwork? Or both?

I was only talking about the art, haven't seen a lot of the game in motion. I think it would be more accurate to say that I like the art (technique, colouring etc.) but don't care for the designs. Except for Totori's (the character).

I like Tidus.

of course you would

Did anyone mention the new one piece shueisha site?

this outfit for luffy is all sorts of ballin

Samenai Yume Part A
tumblr_mvjt6bAo6C1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Sad start though would have been a bit more tragic if it hadnt been about tripping on stairs. That was my first thought but then closer to the end it made it worthwhile. I like the dream sequences and hope more are delivered in future parts.

bigkrev

I find it hard to separate any part of Tidus from his voice.

Which is one of the worst vocal performances in a video game ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 81-84
Shocking twist. This looks like it could end anytime soon but I won't get my hopes up.

He still has to get 3 of them on his side and then we're just assuming it ends as opposed to more random story showing up (e.g. why the hell Yamada and Tamaki have powers)

Wiseblade

I actually discovered the other day that my first post on GAF was in a Pokémon thread saying that Gen II was the worst.

AND I WAS RIGHT THEN TOO

Kannagi 47

Goddamn. Evidently she wasn't purified hard enough. Ah well, at least Zange's back as well.

Tonnura-san 16

Critical hit!
It's super effective!
Tahiko was paralyzed!
Tahiko was frozen!
Tahiko was confused!
Tahiko was burned!

Akito

He still has to get 3 of them on his side and then we're just assuming it ends as opposed to more random story showing up (e.g. why the hell Yamada and Tamaki have powers)
I know the difference between it could end and it will end soon, I just don't want to see it possibly turning into Yankee-kun 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom