• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Crushed said:
Samurai Goroh. First Assist Trophy given its own update.

I just meant the stage and character content for F-Zero, really. I think that even if a franchise has its characters and stages as unlockables, ATs or items representing the series could still show up in gameplay from the start. (There were no unlockable pokeball pokemon in the previous games, right?) I guess you never know, though

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MrCheez said:
I just meant the stage and character content for F-Zero, really. I don't think any ATs will be unlockables. (There were no unlockable pokemon in the previous games, right?) I guess you never know, though

Actually you had to see every pokemon at least once before you could get Celebi in a pokeball

MrCheez

Thats true.

Really, it could go either way. Sakurai is a crazy mofo like that.

It was just that up until recently I had always assumed that Captain Falcon would be a starter (since he was a starter in Melee,) but now it seems more up in the air.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I can't see them removing Captain Falcon. I don't think Ness is gone, but even he has more of a chance to be taken out than Captain Falcon. Falcon is still the main protagonist of his series and probably the only F-Zero character with any kind of recognizability outside of the F-Zero fanbase. He may have been made unlockable again, though.

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
He may have been made unlockable again, though.

Ya, thats what I'm saying. :)

Also, speaking of F-Zero: Jiggy, I'm sorry to say... but Black Shadow looks like a huge douche. :( I do like the idea of giving Ganondorf's melee moveset to another character... but...

250px-F-zero_wp_m30_shadow_800.jpg

The guy has freaking HOOVES o_O

NeonZ

But holding off on Captain Falcon this long? I can't figure out why....

Maybe, they'll use his second design from F-Zero Climax?

After apparently dying, and the anime's main character becoming the New Captain Falcon, the original Falcon reappears with new clothes, new ship (The Red Bull) and calling himself "Berserker".

JCX

I think that by the end of this week we'll have another stage and a subspace update, and that a charcter wil be revealed next week in time for the starting roster unveiling.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MrCheez said:
Also, speaking of F-Zero: Jiggy, I'm sorry to say... but Black Shadow looks like a huge douche. :( I do like the idea of giving Ganondorf's melee moveset to another character... but...

It looks like Black Shadow just took the Batman mask and gave it huge horns. >_>

Speaking for myself, though, I don't particularly care for Black Shadow as a character. However, he's a good candidate to take Ganondorf's moveset from Melee, which leaves Ganondorf free to get a new moveset more tailored to his character.

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
It looks like Black Shadow just took the Batman mask and gave it huge horns. >_>

Speaking for myself, though, I don't particularly care for Black Shadow as a character. However, he's a good candidate to take Ganondorf's moveset from Melee, which leaves Ganondorf free to get a new moveset more tailored to his character.

Personally, I would rather see some one like Jody Summers and/or Zoda (if I couldn't get the original StarTropics version), over B.S., especially the case with Jody.

Smash Bros. needs more females in general, and if we wanted to get actually more like Samus in the game, there's only like three sources that could supply that. And that's F-Zero, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. Why we have yet to get the likes of Jody, Sami, Lachesis and such in a Smash game is beyond me, but I would like to see that trend change.

SuomiDude

TreIII said:
Personally, I would rather see some one like Jody Summers and/or Zoda (if I couldn't get the original StarTropics version), over B.S., especially the case with Jody.

Smash Bros. needs more females in general, and if we wanted to get actually more like Samus in the game, there's only like three sources that could supply that. And that's F-Zero, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. Why we have yet to get the likes of Jody, Sami, Lachesis and such in a Smash game is beyond me, but I would like to see that trend change.
What about Krystal from Star Fox? She's a pretty good choice for a female character. Yeah I know, everyone hates her, but I wouldn't mind her in the game. Not that she's a very good character to begin with, but there's very few female Nintendo characters with personality anyway. I don't honestly remember many... Elincia and Titania from FE:poR could work, that game being probably the most famous FE in US and Europe.

EDIT: Hold on...?!? It just now hit me... Zoda is from StarTropics? Makes sense considering the sequel's name, but I couldn't connect them in any way :O I've only played the first one, though got pretty far, but it's so long ago I don't remember the bad guy's name, if it's even told in the game before the boss fight.

TreIII said:

You're missing Custom Robo (Annie) and even any of the characters from Golden Sun (I'd go with Isaac/Robin and Jenna) if Nintendo chose to use any of those characters. Heck, there's no reason Ashley or even Mona from Wario Ware series shouldn't at least make an appearance.

ohamsie

The main reason I want Black Shadow is because Ganondorf really deserves his own unique moveset, but I want to keep the old moveset around.

Plus I want more VILLAINS. As much as I'd like more females, I'd like more villains even more.

Confirmed Pokemon:

Bellossom
Bonsly
Celebi
Chikorita
Deoxys
Entei
Gardevoir
Goldeen
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Latios/Latias
Lugia
Meowth
Mew
Munchlax
Piplup
Snorlax
Staryu
Suicune
Togepi
Torchic
Wobbuffet

Jiggy

MrCheez said:

I'm not saying I want him, just that I think he's the most likely choice for an F-Zero villain since Samurai Goroh's not in (would've been my first choice) and Deathborn (second choice) has only been in one game. Black Shadow became a wuss in GX anyway. :lol Punked by Deathborn in like ten seconds.

As far as the Jody Summers discussion goes, I really like her and would be happy to have her in the game (way more than even Samurai Goroh), but the trouble I could see there is that she'd probably end up being some kind of Zero Suit Samus knockoff. Just considering her role in the series, her general body shape, and the wink to Metroid on her outfit.

pulga

Banned
Black Shadow, huh? Seems like the best candidate to acquire Ganondorf's Melee moveset, he's got the same body build and he's a villain as well. I approve.

Predicting a stage for tonight!

Azuran

Banned
I would prefer Pico over BLack Shadow as the next F-Zero representative but seeing that he's not really that popular and guns aren't allowed in this game, I really don't see him appering in this game at all.

When it comes to the Original 4, people always seem to forget about him for some reason.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Azuran said:
I would prefer Pico over BLack Shadow as the next F-Zero representative but seeing that he's not really that popular and guns aren't allowed in this game, I really don't see him appering in this game at all.

When it comes to the Original 4, people always seem to forget about him for some reason.

He is an assassin...probably has some mean gadgets and moves Sakurai could "create"

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Rindain said:
To me it looks different from the SM version of the Crystal Flash, which has her floating (in the fetal position) inside a perfectly round, pulsating energy ball.

Check out the video here, ZSS Final Smash is at 39 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6i3Yzepd4M

I can't see her floating inside the energy ball--maybe it's just the bad video quality?

When I saw it at E for All, she was surrounded by a ball/cocoon of white energy. It didn't look exactly the same as the Super Metroid move (she appears more prone outwards, sort of like the visible Samus upon death animation, as opposed to curled inward), but you've got a floating Samus in an energy ball that replenishes her. It really has to be based on the Crystal Flash, making it possibly the most obscure character move ever.

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
As far as the Jody Summers discussion goes, I really like her and would be happy to have her in the game (way more than even Samurai Goroh), but the trouble I could see there is that she'd probably end up being some kind of Zero Suit Samus knockoff. Just considering her role in the series, her general body shape, and the wink to Metroid on her outfit.

Just because she may have some winks to Metroid, doesn't mean that she's gotta be a Zero Suit Samus rip.

Me? I'd always imagine her being basically as much of a stylish Japanese tokusatsu/American comic book inspired heroine, just as much as Falcon is, but with her own, sleek, feminine flavor. Her ship's name is "White Cat", correct? I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see how they could make a moveset to compliment that... :D

ohamsie said:
Plus I want more VILLAINS. As much as I'd like more females, I'd like more villains even more.

I could stand to see more villains as well. Ridley and Me**** (the final boss of FE the first) are at the top of my list. One's a space dragon, and the other's a bad ass dark dragon (who was also a Mamkute, if I remember correctly?). Between the two, I should have at least ONE winner, right? 'Sides, in Me****' case, it would be enough to make it so, along with Marth, the two could advertise for the upcoming DS remake of the first game.

Iam Canadian said:
I can't see them removing Captain Falcon. I don't think Ness is gone, but even he has more of a chance to be taken out than Captain Falcon. Falcon is still the main protagonist of his series and probably the only F-Zero character with any kind of recognizability outside of the F-Zero fanbase. He may have been made unlockable again, though.

And the series is represented by his own emblem, just like Marth with Falchion.

Insaniac

DavidDayton said:
When I saw it at E for All, she was surrounded by a ball/cocoon of white energy. It didn't look exactly the same as the Super Metroid move (she appears more prone outwards, sort of like the visible Samus upon death animation, as opposed to curled inward), but you've got a floating Samus in an energy ball that replenishes her. It really has to be based on the Crystal Flash, making it possibly the most obscure character move ever.

what intrigues me is her final smash apparently makes items swirl around her? The crate seemed to do that. Maybe it'll have some sort of effect like drawing in items to her, and automatically using benefical ones like food *shrug*

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
A Link to the Snitch said:
*shrug* I haven't seen ZSS' FS, but couldn't it be the sequence in ZM where
she regains her suit
?

Also known as the Crystal Flash? >_>

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
A Link to the Snitch said:
That's what it's called?

Well, shit, how could anyone say that it isn't the Crystal Flash?

She basically glows and her suit reappears...looks like Crystal Flash to me

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Scalpel Knight said:
I predict end of battle bonuses for tonight.

That would actually be a really cool update, as long as Sakurai reveals some bonuses that weren't in previous games. Or uses some revealed bonuses as stealth updates to other features in the game.

Economan

Jiggy37 said:
I'm not saying I want him, just that I think he's the most likely choice for an F-Zero villain since Samurai Goroh's not in (would've been my first choice) and Deathborn (second choice) has only been in one game. Black Shadow became a wuss in GX anyway. :lol Punked by Deathborn in like ten seconds.

Wuss or not, this is no wuss death.

Final Smash Falcon Punch!

TreIII

Economan said:
Since I won't be up for it...

I predict Bowser's stage.

If that be the case, it had better include the awesome remix of "Koopa's Road" from Galaxy, if not possibly make it MORE awesome by mixing i a stylish remix of the SMB3's "Bowser Fight" theme music...

Jiggy

TreIII said:
Me? I'd always imagine her being basically as much of a stylish Japanese tokusatsu/American comic book inspired heroine, just as much as Falcon is, but with her own, sleek, feminine flavor. Her ship's name is "White Cat", correct? I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see how they could make a moveset to compliment that... :D
That would be totally awesome. The thing is, though, Captain Falcon was a bounty hunter shrouded in mystery and nobody knew what he did, so Sakurai and company had free reign to do whatever they wanted. Jody Summer was a combat pilot with the Galactic Federation, nothing to say she could--

Oh, wait. They gave Fox and Falco a moveset. Never mind, I guess Jody is totally 100% possible. :eek:

Economan said:
Wuss or not, this is no wuss death.

Final Smash Falcon Punch!
Yeah, but the anime hopefully isn't canon anyway.

Economan

Shinobix said:
Rick Wheeler

On a side note, how would you guys feel if Captain Falcon sat out for Rick Wheeler in Brawl? Might not be too far fetched, as lucas has seemed to have taken the spot from ness.

Economan said:
On a side note, how would you guys feel if Captain Falcon sat out for Rick Wheeler in Brawl? Might not be too far fetched, as lucas has seemed to have taken the spot from ness.
1. Everytime I hear his name, I think of the kid from Captain Planet.
2. I'm honestly expecting it.

Incidentally, I find it amusing that Rick Wheeler doesn't get his own Wiki page.

NeonZ

TreIII said:
I could stand to see more villains as well. Ridley and Me**** (the final boss of FE the first) are at the top of my list. One's a space dragon, and the other's a bad ass dark dragon (who was also a Mamkute, if I remember correctly?). Between the two, I should have at least ONE winner, right? 'Sides, in Me****' case, it would be enough to make it so, along with Marth, the two could advertise for the upcoming DS remake of the first game.

Medheus is even more unlikely than Ridley. Not only Marth hasn't been officially unveiled yet, but, even though he has two dragon forms, neither would work very well as playable characters, and there's no way his human form is going to be playable.
He has an Earth dragon form, similar in body shape to Fire Emblem 7's dragons. It could be downsized, I suppose, but would just look weird if smaller. His Dark Dragon form is even worse, though... he looks like an enormous black Chinese dragon. There's no way something with that body shape can be playable.

Huh... Captain Falcon still is the main character in F-Zero Climax, the anime inspired game which covers the final events and even post anime events...

Video of the selection screen of F-Zero Climax, going through the entire cast:

[spoilers]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCpJRGDmJU

As you might notice, the cursor starts on Falcon, not Rick.

and, actually,
C.Falcon didn't even die. He just gets a new identity, becoming Berserker, the pilot of the Red Bull, who is briefly shown in that video.

Jiggy

If Rick Wheeler is playable in Brawl while the true Captain Falcon isn't, I'll be over in the corner sobbing bitterly and openly. :(
Edit: And I've been saying for a while that I think this very question is why they haven't revealed Captain Falcon yet. They want to spur speculation about the topic.

ShockingAlberto said:
1. Everytime I hear his name, I think of the kid from Captain Planet.
Oh, Alberto. What have you done. D:

Economan

Jiggy37 said:
If Rick Wheeler is playable in Brawl while the true Captain Falcon isn't, I'll be over in the corner sobbing bitterly and openly. :(
Edit: And I've been saying for a while that I think this very question is why they haven't revealed Captain Falcon yet. They want to spur speculation about the topic.

My speculation is that all 4 original secret characters are still in the game. However, I speculate that they will not be revealed until after the game has launched.

Iam Canadian said:
...Believe?

Definitely.

NeonZ

I've just realized something... The anime directly referenced what Smash Bros did with Falcon by including the "Falcon Punch" there, but GX completely ignored the abilities that Smash gave to Falcon.

I guess that might raise the chances of something from the anime or the anime based games appearing in Brawl, rather than GX...

Jiggy

Economan said:
My speculation is that all 4 original secret characters are still in the game. However, I speculate that they will not be revealed until after the game has launched.
Sounds plausible.

NeonZ said:
You know... I've just realized something... The anime directly referenced what Smash Bros did with Falcon by including the "Falcon Punch" there, but GX completely ignored the abilities that Smash gave to Falcon.

I guess that might raise the chances of something from the anime or the anime based games appearing in Brawl, rather than GX...
I don't think he really had any chance to use his abilities in GX even if he'd wanted to. Unless he'd really felt like messing with Goroh's whole gang or taking on Black Shadow and Blood Falcon simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom