• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Big Icarus said:
I think he'd be a really tough character to make playable, because of that. That might be what ultimately makes him a better assist trophy.

Hm, I could accept him being the same size as Pikachu.

I think neglecting to include him would be a huge missed opportunity... not just because Pikmin is awesome, mind you, but also because he could have a really creative moveset. I'd love to see him have a special where he summons a Pikmin as a weak computer controlled assistance, and the move could be used multiple times to amass a small army.

I'm also someone who really enjoys the concept and execution of the Ice Climbers... so I see huge potential here. :)

Speevy

Banned
Exclude Olimar based on size? Are you kidding me? All the characters are scaled up or down. Think about Bowser's size relative to Mario in Super Mario 64.

Jiggy

As far as Mario characters go, if they're adding any more at all (which they might not be, but they suddenly added three new Pokemon characters, so I wouldn't be too surprised), well... I'm one of the few Daisy supporters, I'm sure.

She wouldn't be a Peach clone--she can't float, she wouldn't pull up turnips since she wasn't in SMB2, they could fill her moveset with items from the Mario sports games that Peach won't be using since they didn't exist before Melee (Strikers, Baseball, Hoops), she's a lot stronger than Peach physically, she's the love interest of the objectively superior Mario Brother, she's less than a tenth as annoying as Peach (I'll put aside "Hi I'm Daisy" as a one-time thing), and correspondingly cuter. In fact, Peach's personality is more outmoded than the 1870s.

DAISY FOR BRAWL.

DaisyStrikers2.jpg
DaisyHoops.png

Of course, one can point to the Daisy colors for Peach and call it impossible. I know. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
As far as Mario characters go, if they're adding any more at all (which they might not be, but they suddenly added three new Pokemon characters, so I wouldn't be too surprised), well... I'm one of the few Daisy supporters, I'm sure.

She wouldn't be a Peach clone--she can't float, she wouldn't pull up turnips since she wasn't in SMB2, they could fill her moveset with items from the Mario sports games that Peach won't be using since they didn't exist before Melee (Strikers, Baseball, Hoops), she's a lot stronger than Peach physically, she's the love interest of the objectively superior Mario Brother, she's less than a tenth as annoying as Peach (I'll put aside "Hi I'm Daisy" as a one-time thing), and correspondingly cuter. In fact, Peach's personality is more outmoded than the 1870s.

DAISY FOR BRAWL.

DaisyStrikers2.jpg
DaisyHoops.png

Of course, one can point to the Daisy colors for Peach and call it impossible. I know. :(

Augh plz no...I'll take Waluigi or Bowser jr. before Daisy

Jiggy

HK-47 said:
Augh plz no...I'll take Waluigi or Bowser jr. before Daisy
Daisy's old-school back to the days when Mario on a portable system was a novelty instead of the best-selling Mario game of its generation. :D

Stage On

You know I'm glad the last update gave us so many pokemon at once instead of just one. It was a bit better then what I was expecting.

We got a Stage recently with the reveal of the Melee stages so I don't think we'll get that one today. It'll hopefully be something we haven't had in a while like a character.

Speevy

Banned
Olimar's potential attacks would make him the coolest character ever.

Headbutt, red Pikmin throw that burns opponents, blue Pikmin throw that drowns them, yellow Pikmin that jump really high and take out aerial opponents, purple Pikmin throw that knocks opponent away with force, white Pikmin throw that temporarily poisons opponent, etc.

Also, the ability to have Pikmin carry the opponent off the stage. :D

TreIII

On another note...the only way I'd accept Bowser Jr. as an addition would be if he could either summon his 8 older brethren as part of his moves, or they would appear in his Final Smash.

Barring that, I don't need to see him. Mouser would be personally preferable.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
GhaleonQ said:
A massive helmet size is not evidence, dang it!

I interviewed a red Pikmin who was close to Olimar and admitted to giving him performance-enhancing growth horomones in his Dolphin ship. That's evidence enough!

Speevy

Banned
NickP786 said:
If those were Olimar's attacks, do you think maybe Sakurai would hamper his movement slightly?

They're just ideas. Of course, he has to throw Pikmin on the opponent, which take away their life.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TreIII said:
On another note...the only way I'd accept Bowser Jr. as an addition would be if he could either summon his 8 older brethren as part of his moves, or they would appear in his Final Smash.

Barring that, I don't need to see him. Mouser would be personally preferable.

Bowser Jr. is far more important than Mouser

GhaleonQ

Frankly, though, anything from the Super Mario Land games, Super Mario Brothers 2, or the Mario RPG series would be appreciated. Oh, and the Koopa Kids. If Wario warrants an inclusion as playable based on WarioWare, Totanga or Fawful had best be trophies, minimum.

Chris R

HK-47 said:
Query: If Bowser Jr. gets in, does he get Shadow Mario as a transformation?
ZOMG SPOILERS

would actually be kinda cool to be a "small" heavy character(bowser/gannondorf/ect) and then transform into shadow mario and be lighter, faster, ect.

GhaleonQ

Danthrax said:
I interviewed a red Pikmin who was close to Olimar and admitted to giving him performance-enhancing growth horomones in his Dolphin ship. That's evidence enough!

The red Pikmin are just trying to keep the human race down! They can't stand to see a white human be successful in a red, blue, yellow, and purple world. If it was a white Pikmin as the star, no one would care!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
rhfb said:
ZOMG SPOILERS

would actually be kinda cool to be a "small" heavy character(bowser/gannondorf/ect) and then transform into shadow mario and be lighter, faster, ect.

marioshadow.jpg

marioshine.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
Regarding Olimar's size, remember that these aren't the actual characters fighting, but trophies based on the characters. So that explains away any liberties they take in character sizes.

KevinCow said:
Regarding Olimar's size, remember that these aren't the actual characters fighting, but trophies based on the characters. So that explains away any liberties they take in character sizes.

:lol Oh yeah. Gotta keep that Smas Bros. continuity stuff in mind.

Still it would look weird.

Eh, may as well stay up for this update. I'm calling a final smash. Probably Zero Suit Samus'.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
yodandy said:
im usually not awake for these, is it in like 15 mins usually?

Yes.

But tonight's will be one of the rare "late updates" because it's going to be a new character profile.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
GhaleonQ said:
The red Pikmin are just trying to keep the human race down! They can't stand to see a white human be successful in a red, blue, yellow, and purple world. If it was a white Pikmin as the star, no one would care!

You have no idea how much the White Pikmin are actually in charge.
200612112f1c8chz6.jpg

PkunkFury

Big Icarus said:
You know, if Olimar is playable how would you even imagine that working? For me it would just seem really weird if they just made him about the same scale as the other characters.

they could give him a device that makes him grow in the adventure mode when you find him, and then every match when you play is him his intro animation could be gfrowing with the device. It's kind of a cop-out, but he certainly desrves to be represented. And they'd still probably keep him about Kriby's size

justchris

I'm thinking a stage today. I'm not sure if we're getting more than one or two more characters, and they have over a month and a half to reveal them. Which means Krystal is probably in, but we won't find out until after the game is released. I can't think of any good reason she'd be a starter and not a hidden character. In fact, most of the characters people are looking forward to now are more likely to be hidden characters, except maybe an AC character or Olimar.

Tim-E

Not getting my hopes up tonight. Nope. Definitely not.

Oh god please be a character I love character updates oh I'll bet it's a character update

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'm predicting we'll finally get a new character profile!

I just have this feeeeeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom