• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Prediction:

a1597i0_gg.jpg

Stage update tonight..and I cant wait to play with you guys online. I was amazing with Ness in 64 and melee. So I figure im going to be doing some Lucas owning come Feb 10th! :lol

ant1532

Banned
I'm saying if there is a good update this month like a character or something new thats awesome they are going to hold it till the 25th.

BlueSummers said:
Stage update tonight..and I cant wait to play with you guys online. I was amazing with Ness in 64 and melee. So I figure im going to be doing some Lucas owning come Feb 10th! :lol
Big fish, small pond. I was like "zomg I'm really good at PGR3" and then I got a LIVE sub and then I cried.

Regardless, PM me your friend code so we can see which of turns out to be the bigger fish.

doogles said:
Big fish, small pond. I was like "zomg I'm really good at PGR3" and then I got a LIVE sub and then I cried.

Regardless, PM me your friend code so we can see which of turns out to be the bigger fish.

Yea, im sure there are alot of great players out there, guess we will just have to see when the time comes.

Zeed

Banned
Brawl comes out in Japan on January 24th right? That means Sakurai's got to start putting out now or else January is going to have a high concentration of awesome updates.

Either that or the game just gets released and we find out everything from the import version.

Seeing as I believe CoroCoro magazine intends to release all info on the starting line-up this Friday, Final Smashes included...

I'm predicting Zero Suit Samus or Zelda Final Smash.

TenshiOni said:
Seeing as I believe CoroCoro magazine intends to release all info on the starting line-up this Friday, Final Smashes included...

I'm predicting Zero Suit Samus or Zelda Final Smash.

I sure hope Zelda's FS is Sheik

KevinCow

Banned
I wonder how he's going to reveal Sheik. Is he going to do, "Zelda: Special moves," and answer the big question, or is he going to just do, "Veteran: Sheik," and say, "But is she still one of Zelda's special moves? You'll have to wait and find out."

Stuneseht

I predict how to use the low battery indicator on the screen; once your batteries are low on the wiimote.
My joke prediction would be, the fan item from previous smash games.

KevinCow said:
I wonder how he's going to reveal Sheik. Is he going to do, "Zelda: Special moves," and answer the big question, or is he going to just do, "Veteran: Sheik," and say, "But is she still one of Zelda's special moves? You'll have to wait and find out."
It'd be nice if we got both as a double update.

Haven't gotten anything Zelda (the character) related since June 25th.

JCX

KevinCow said:

To just reveal sheik would seem like the more Sakurai thing to do, but I hope sheik isn't only usable after a fs

KevinCow

Banned
JCX9 said:
To just reveal sheik would seem like the more Sakurai thing to do, but I hope sheik isn't only usable after a fs
I think that would be the more Sakurai thing to do, but remember that he revealed ZSS by doing Samus' Final Smash, and then ZSS the next day.

And I doubt Sheik will be Zelda's Final Smash. She'll either be her own character or Zelda's down B. Samus' Final Smash transformation is something that makes her unique, so I doubt Sakurai will have multiple characters do that.

Jiggy

Alright, guys. One last time and then we're done with this particular feature from now until at least January. :p

Mirror for Mondays

Characters - 4 (Fox, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas)
Final smashes - 4 (Link, DK, Ike, Ice Climbers)
Special moves - 4 (Pit, Pokemon change (and only Pokemon change), Link, Zero Suit Samus)
Stages - 3 (Rumble Falls, New Pork City, Pictochat)
Assist trophies - 2 (What is an Assist Trophy, Samurai Goroh)
Normal items - 3 (Smoke Ball, Superspicy Curry, Golden Hammer)
Poke Balls - 1 (Munchlax)
How to play - 1 (Combos)
Game modes - 4 (Trophies, Stage Builder, Controls, Friend List)
Story mode - 2 (Pit's Descent, Fox's Misfortune)
Music - 3 (Yoshi's Story, Star Fox, Fire Emblem)

Notes:
-At first glance, I suppose Mondays are solid but usually not spectacular. Not much in the realm of Poke Balls and how to play makes things nice, and there are a good number of stages, music, and characters.
-Lots of game modes, but only one of them was a great update, and we're also loaded on items, final smashes, and special moves. Whether this is good or not depends on your preferences, I suppose, but I'll say no to all of these things. >_>

What to predict tonight? I still think we'll see the characters in CoroCoro, so nothing on that front for now. All of the characters without special moves are veterans, so I won't go there. We just had a game mode on Friday, so I'll pretend the possibility isn't there. (Even though I fear it's very real. D:) I'll also for no reason at all pretend normal a item update can't happen.

That leaves final smashes, stages, and music as likely stuff. It's been more than a calendar month since we got a non-Melee stage update. For final smashes, we're down to Snake, Sonic, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus. For stages, we're down to F-Zero and Sonic. (And symbol 13/Game & Watch, symbol 19, etc.) For music? F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS, and Sonic.

I'm feeling bold. Almost arrogant! And so for tonight I predict a unique Nintendo-created full vocal song that will be in Ouendan 3. Why a full vocal song? Well, check out this trivia-I-mean-trend. :D

May - no songs at all
June - three songs, one with vocals (Yoshi's Story)
July - one song
August - two songs, one with vocals (Go K.K. Rider!)
September - three songs, one with vocals (SSBB Main Theme)
October - two songs when counting the Japanese Dojo, one with vocals (Ashley's Theme)
November - four songs, one with vocals (Fire Emblem Theme)
December - one song so far

As you can see, every month we have two songs or more, at least one of them has vocals. Now, ordinarily I'd predict Pollyanna, but the non-vocal version was already in SSBM, so I'm not expecting it. And I also predict that Captain Falcon's song will be in this game somewhere, but I don't see it happening on the Dojo. Sonic's song has already been heard. That leaves Ice Climbers, Mario, Nintendo DS, and Sakurai's whims. Now, I'm not sure whether an Ouendan 3 preview song would fall more under the DS logo or Sakurai's whims, but nonetheless I'm predicting it. :D Be bold!

plufim

Fireblend said:
I'll go with my favorite prediction; Sonic stage tonight.

Greenhill Zone would be a fantastic stage. I'm hoping we not only get it, but also a Greenhill Zone skin for custom stages - the way they are built is perfect for it.

At the very least give us some sonic music Sakurai. Ice Cap Zone, now.

Jiggy

HK-47 said:
Why is PT highlighted but not Lucas >_>
If it were up to me, I wouldn't highlight any new characters except Sonic, but when I asked around the thread to find out whether people thought Pokemon Trainer was a megaton, they said yes because he was like three characters in one day. >_>

plufim said:
Greenhill Zone would be a fantastic stage. I'm hoping we not only get it, but also a Greenhill Zone skin for custom stages - the way they are built is perfect for it.

At the very least give us some sonic music Sakurai. Ice Cap Zone, now.

I don't doubt we will get another MGS level and atleast two Sonic levels. A skyship level from Sonic would be awesome.

TreIII

Zeed said:
Brawl comes out in Japan on January 24th right? That means Sakurai's got to start putting out now or else January is going to have a high concentration of awesome updates.

Either that or the game just gets released and we find out everything from the import version.

And that will pretty much be the case. As I've said before, until the game releases on the 24th of next month, Sakurai can afford to drip feed as much as he wants. He's fully well aware of the Dojo's planned obsolescence, as soon as the game gets into Japanese/importers' hands, and will basically do the rest of the job for him.

*since he's getting the imported version, he decides to enlist for the "Smash Spoiler Squad"*

Reporting for duty, Commander sp0rsk! :lol

I fully intend to know every single secret whatever in the game on the night the game is released. I don't know how people will unlock things that fast but somehow they will. :lol

Anyway, I imagine that avoiding spoilers for this one is going to be pretty impossible so I'm not even going to try. I plan to do quite the opposite, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom