• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

It was on a day just like this, 17 weeks ago. The enigmatic Mr. Acid08 was doing a read through the sinister Necronomicon series known as Kimi no Iru Machi. A dark interest awoke within me. I wanted to see for myself how evil this fictional story could truly be. I attempted to create a band of like minded adventurers to take on this beast. In the end, only myself and Sir Big Krev were up to the challenge. I told him that such a dark deed is in need of a solid agreement; we would do this together, or die together. I suggested a blood pact, and told him that he could no longer back out. We agreed to start our expedition at dawn. I began just as the sun started to rise. I made it through the first book, and was not truly filled with rage. I looked to the base camp of NeoGAF for my cohort, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Hours passed, but he was still nowhere to be seen. I trusted my companion, though, so I decided to move on without him. I read on. Sentences turned into pages, pages into chapters, chapters into volumes, but I still saw no sign of my blood oath comrade. I was waiting only volumes up the Rage Mountain, but it felt like I had been climbing for much longer. I spotted Krev! I yelled out to him, "I'll wait here! Try to catch up soon!" Unfortunately, it was too much for him. He solemnly cried out to me, "I read one volume... Ehhh... I don't think I can do this." I screamed with all my strength, "Krev! We made a blood oath! You can't turn back! Don't you know what will happen if you turn back?!"

Ever since, I've been shouldering this burden alone. I don't do it because I want to, but because I must, for the memory of our oath. It's been 17 weeks since he and I spoke. I may never forgive him, but I am glad that he needn't see the horrors that I've witnessed.

Since I could find no one else, and had little faith that I could still complete this task alone, I turned to a few friends. They were ecstatic. We made up a schedule to conquer Rage Mountain at the rate of one volume per week. We feared that if we went faster than this, we may quickly turn to alcohol to comfort us from the madness we may encounter due to the monster we endeavored to face. Every week, we get a bit closer. Every week, we feel a bit weaker. Every week, I curse my past self for ever considering this execrable idea. One day, though, we shall reach the top of Rage Mountain, and it is there that we shall slay the festering mass of tendrils and destruction known as Seo.
10/10
I hope bigkrev feels very bad right now for abandoning you lol

Sweet Poolside
That's it? Seems like a waste of time unless you have a shaving fetish.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Teppuu

Goddamn, I think the translations are all caught up to the latest raws. Now to see if this series will actually continue or if will be in limbo forever. :( After such a cliffhanger too.

wonzo

Banned
Teppuu

Goddamn, I think the translations are all caught up to the latest raws. Now to see if this series will actually continue or if will be in limbo forever. :( After such a cliffhanger too.
p. sure they announced it's coming out of hiatus really soon

wonzo

Banned
Huh, really? That's good to hear. Last I heard the author was still sick.
It should be coming back came back this month and the group scanlating it are gonna finish off the two untranslated chapters before it starts up again the next one comes out.

e: which means i should deff. start reading this now as its no longer stuck in hiatus x hell

Aizo

Banned
At this point you're just hurting yourself because you like it. :p

You slander me, Whippy. I am hurt. Let me just check here on my manga list. What score did I give it out of 10?
CXSSVoR.png
Note the score, Whippy! Do I need to make my volume reactions more full of rage for you? I honestly do think it's entertaining, but I would never say that I like it. I guess I do like some things because of how horrible they are... I've hosted probably around 10 viewings of The Room to show it to different groups of friends. I've also met the two "star" actors in the "film." I got a bit sidetracked.... No, I don't like Rage Town. I want to drop it, but I'm not a backstabber like bigkrev, so I won't abandon my friends who are currently reading it with me ;_;

Antiwhippy

Aw yes. Glad to see such a good series not being thrown off.

You slander me, Whippy. I am hurt. Let me just check here on my manga list. What score did I give it out of 10?

Note the score, Whippy! Do I need to make my volume reactions more full of rage for you? I honestly do think it's entertaining, but I would never say that I like it. I guess I do like some things because of how horrible they are... I've hosted probably around 10 viewings of The Room to show it to different groups of friends. I've also met the two "star" actors in the "film." I got a bit sidetracked.... No, I don't like Rage Town. I want to drop it, but I'm not a backstabber like bigkrev, so I won't abandon my friends who are currently reading it with me ;_;

I'm saying that you're enjoying the pain. The rage, the hurt, they're all different interpretations of your ecstasy, of your pleasure. This guilty joy you've harboured, just for the chance to hurt yourself, because it's the only way you know how to feel alive again.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. :p

Aizo

Banned
I'm saying that you're enjoying the pain. The rage, the hurt, they're all different interpretations of your ecstasy, of your pleasure. This guilty joy you've harboured, just for the chance to hurt yourself, because it's the only way you know how to feel alive again.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. :p

It hurts so good!!! I feel so alive when I read Seo's horrible story. I feel human again when I see how the stupid misunderstandings happen, and they remind me of stupid misunderstandings that I've had with girls. It hurts because it's so realistic. My life is Rage Town! I'm living the Tokyo arc for real! I am Haruto! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wonzo

Banned
Yozakura Quartet 71

Yeah, the new "antagonist" is a real slimeball but it's hard getting that concerned over the characters considering how easily they've turned the tables over and over again to ensure no blood is spilt. What I'm saying is now would be a good time to actually kill off someone and raise the stakes (the half-youkai would be a good place to start.)

Sakura Trick 3

I figured I'd give this one more chapter but it's just as utterly bland as usual. Dropped.

Shokugeki no Soma 47

Isami moment reminded me of the K manga when the character loses weiht depending in the season, nice character design upgrade. Though Takumi and Isama ought to have been in different blocks.

Takumi beng jealous at Hayama taking Somas attention away from him was really good and intense, glad he managed to get the true rival declaration of good tidings in at the end, best panel.

Cover and colour pages next week, hyped.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 47

:dtl: chapter. The entirety of the chapter was wasted showing Takumi being tsundere on Soma.

G.ZZZ

It was on a day just like this, 17 weeks ago. The enigmatic Mr. Acid08 was doing a read through the sinister Necronomicon series known as Kimi no Iru Machi. A dark interest awoke within me. I wanted to see for myself how evil this fictional story could truly be. I attempted to create a band of like minded adventurers to take on this beast. In the end, only myself and Sir Big Krev were up to the challenge. I told him that such a dark deed is in need of a solid agreement; we would do this together, or die together. I suggested a blood pact, and told him that he could no longer back out. We agreed to start our expedition at dawn. I began just as the sun started to rise. I made it through the first book, and was not truly filled with rage. I looked to the base camp of NeoGAF for my cohort, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Hours passed, but he was still nowhere to be seen. I trusted my companion, though, so I decided to move on without him. I read on. Sentences turned into pages, pages into chapters, chapters into volumes, but I still saw no sign of my blood oath comrade. I was waiting only volumes up the Rage Mountain, but it felt like I had been climbing for much longer. I spotted Krev! I yelled out to him, "I'll wait here! Try to catch up soon!" Unfortunately, it was too much for him. He solemnly cried out to me, "I read one volume... Ehhh... I don't think I can do this." I screamed with all my strength, "Krev! We made a blood oath! You can't turn back! Don't you know what will happen if you turn back?!"

Ever since, I've been shouldering this burden alone. I don't do it because I want to, but because I must, for the memory of our oath. It's been 17 weeks since he and I spoke. I may never forgive him, but I am glad that he needn't see the horrors that I've witnessed.

Since I could find no one else, and had little faith that I could still complete this task alone, I turned to a few friends. They were ecstatic. We made up a schedule to conquer Rage Mountain at the rate of one volume per week. We feared that if we went faster than this, we may quickly turn to alcohol to comfort us from the madness we may encounter due to the monster we endeavored to face. Every week, we get a bit closer. Every week, we feel a bit weaker. Every week, I curse my past self for ever considering this execrable idea. One day, though, we shall reach the top of Rage Mountain, and it is there that we shall slay the festering mass of tendrils and destruction known as Seo.

:slowclap:

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Never watched any of the anime which were edited by 4Kids but I've always admired them for their creativity and arbitrariness when it comes to censorships lol

cj4a9t55nt5n8t7pc.jpg

I don't even
One of 4kids more controversial policies was their belief that kids don't read today and any words (english or otherwise) detracted from the kid's attention span in a show. The former CEO had a few horrible choice quotes on how he thought kids never read and never will read again.

Aizo

Banned
I'm super glad I bowed out of our pact to read KNIM

Super glad? There is just a mountain of rage growing inside me right now, krev. You left me there, and you're super glad? How dare you. I demand satisfaction!
sircharles.0_standard_352.0.gif

This .gif is actually very appropriate because what you did can be likened to leaving someone at the alter. You're a real heart breaker, bigkrev.

Akito

One of 4kids more controversial policies was their belief that kids don't read today and any words (english or otherwise) detracted from the kid's attention span in a show. The former CEO had a few horrible choice quotes on how he thought kids never read and never will read again.
Ahaha oh Christ, some people. Even if that was true, instead of making the kids read, no let's ban every word we can find, that was some amazing logic there.

Antiwhippy

Yuureitou

Now that is what I call an impactful start.

Seems to be focusing on the mysteries of a clock tower, focusing on some loser called Taichi and an absolute smoker of a girl called Tetsuo. Has a nice mix of suspense and horror so far.

Antiwhippy

Yuureitou 17

This manga took a really weird turn into a mystery-of-the-week kind of setup.

It's kind of awesome though.

Silva 40

The cost of international shipping is a bitch.

Senyuu 01 12

Oh snap, that foreshadowing I didn't realized existed until now.

Rin-ne 155

It's always money related worries.

Antiwhippy

Yuureitou 20

Now this turned into some weird exploration about transgender issues with one of the main characters, which ties into the central mystery of the story. (not that it wasn't hinted at before)

This manga is a rollercoaster.

edit: Ch 22

Holy shit, this can get pretty brutal.

Finalow

onepunch-man webcomic
until last chapter. damn, so good. KING'S ENGINE!
I really like that character.

also this was quite nice -
O7TBLOr.gif

Yankee-kun to Pantsu no Ouji-sama 4
tumblr_mw27wbGhEc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yes Jealously and Misunderstanding were the key words for this chapter as well as just insecurity about being seen in the open, though he does like to do it outside more than inside. Takeda was a funny guy and thankfully led to them falling in a pond to a really amazing bath scene. I think the kissing moments are this series best parts always extremely intense. I wish it was more than just one volume.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Does the qualifier amount differ between years? Seems like the kinda thing that would be known, but everyone seriously freaked out like it was a surprise. Hell I'm not a student and I could see that coming, y'know? Just ask a 2nd year or something.

Hopefully we get some long overdue focus on the smoke guy from the dorm. He's been insanely low profile.

Oumagadoki Zoo 01-29

qUcnoyc.png

No confidence girl becomes the zookeeper of a run down zoo that's run by a cursed director who can turn the animals into beasts or whatever.

It's ok. It's an average battle shounen but basically uses animal knowledge so that's pretty interesting at least. The first real arc was pretty good though, but the arc where the translations end kinda feels more of the same at this point.
The best "human" animal designs (how's that term called) that I've seen. The rest is um, there was a rest. Those designs though.

Yozakura Quartet 71

Yeah, the new "antagonist" is a real slimeball but it's hard getting that concerned over the characters considering how easily they've turned the tables over and over again to ensure no blood is spilt. What I'm saying is now would be a good time to actually kill off someone and raise the stakes (the half-youkai would be a good place to start.)

Sakura Trick 3

I figured I'd give this one more chapter but it's just as utterly bland as usual. Dropped.

No. Not ze german military enthusiast girl.

Shokugeki no Soma 47

Going to play it safe and say that Soma and Alice are locks to move on. Pretty confidant in Takumi and Hayama as well, unless he drops the ball big time.

Don't really want Tadokoro to pass. She's been improving but having her moving on to the main tournament wouldn't exactly feel right.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 47

Going to play it safe and say that Soma and Alice are locks to move on. Pretty confidant in Takumi and Hayama as well, unless he drops the ball big time.

Don't really want Tadokoro to pass. She's been improving but having her moving on to the main tournament wouldn't exactly feel right.

Soma. Tadokoro, Spice Guy, Alice will all make it.

I tend to doubt Soma is going to win the tourny.

You Know Damn Well How I Feel
tumblr_mw2hwlF5p01qbxqfpo1_500.png

These end up being way too funny, Haru always seems out of it and clueless about things but ends up being the most thoughtful and obsessed Rin ends up being extremely shy to express his feelings and extremely emotional, hes so great. Nagisa wanting them to do this and that and Nitori being present made it even better.

Last Game 20

In a perfect world, every character other than the main 2 would be involved in a tragic roller coaster accident while at this amusement park. Followed by a volcano opening up directly under said roller coaster.

Akito

Shirogane no Nina 1

A 27 years old guy reluctantly taking cares of his niece during summer break. There's nothing remotely new or exceptional here but it's cute and gives off a nice summery feel.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 261-263

Welp, the only wai I can see Qin making it out of this horrifying situation is to work together with the (more unified im guessing) mountain tribes.

ShokuSoma 47

klkmakoamazed.png
klkmakoamazed.png
klkmakoamazed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom