• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 FW 2.10 is up

tanod

when is my burrito
For those having trouble with HDMI video / optical audio:

PM me with all of your audio options listed out and I'll tell you where mine is different. I think that's the best way to do it.

j-wood

Awesome news guys, I'm not sure if it was the ps3 or psp FW update that added this functionality, but PSOne games are now playable through remote play. I just tested my downloaded version of SotN, and it worked well. I've also heard though, that this works for disc based games too.

I'm at home on Christmas break, so my PSone games aren't with me...can someone test this?

_RT_

I never thought I would be the person to ask for more - but if Sony would just let the PS3 "see" my NAS Hard Drive I would be happier than a pig in s...

Well.... I'd be happy.

What the fuck, my update just crawls to 2% then gives me an error message.

UT3 just came in the post as well. Can I play online with the old firmware?

rc213

_RT_ said:
I never thought I would be the person to ask for more - but if Sony would just let the PS3 "see" my NAS Hard Drive I would be happier than a pig in s...

Well.... I'd be happy.

Which NAS drive do u use? Pre-Built or Self-Built?

I use one I built myself that is running FreeNAS and it's working great.

Hey, I just noticed they fixed the video folders!

You now have the moving video preview within "Sort by Folder" mode! (This was broken when folders were added in the last update, only showing a still frame for each video.)

Yay!

harSon

Banned
Finally got my wireless working (Actually it just started working without me doing anything like always) and my experiences with the Divx playback has been pretty mixed. Around 7 of the 20ish videos I tried did not work on the Playstation 3 while only 1 of the 20ish on my Xbox 360 didn't work. Anyone have an idea of what the limitations are for the Playstation 3 playback?

number1jagsfan said:
Fuck, is anyone else having trouble downloading the update? Mine isn't getting past 0% now, this has never happened before.

Anyone got any ideas, because I'm choking to play some UT3?

My update went quicker than ever. I was going to comment that I thought they must've added some new servers or whatever.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Holy shit, I'm playing MGS on my PSP via my PS3. This is living! :D

For real?

OK, I have to dig out my PS1 games and check this out...

inner-G

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
My update went quicker than ever. I was going to comment that I thought they must've added some new servers or whatever.
Mine too, couldn't have taken more than a couple minutes total.

I'm having a problem with a XviD file, It starts up, then a couple seconds in, it pauses by itself and won't go further. Any Ideas?

Pristine_Condition said:
For real?

Yeah, I just tried FFVII too. Works nicely although the games play in a fairly small window on the screen. Their native resolution I'd imagine. I have some slight but noticeable input lag too but that might not be the same for everyone.

This is cooler for me than DivX or BluRay 1.1. Now I play PS1 games on PSP without putting them on my memory stick. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pristine_Condition said:
For real?

Yep. It works!

BTW, I keep getting notification messages about people loggin in and off from the Network while playing PS1 games. I was under the impressing you were logged off from the PSN while in "PS1 mode".

j-wood

TTP said:
Yep. It works!

BTW, I keep getting notification messages about people loggin in and off from the Network while playing PS1 games. I was under the impressing you were logged off from the PSN while in "PS1 mode".

Maybe that was also fixed in the FW update, so when we play Ps1 and Ps2 games we stay signed in :)

Crisis

Banned
TTP said:
Yep. It works!

If you play a PSone game that you downloaded on the PS3 you're still going to get the messages. If you're playing from CD you don't.

_RT_

Pre-built. It doesn't have the ability to "run" anything.
Do you have suggestions you could send via PM (about self-built) so I don't piss anyone off around here?

Thanks!

rc213 said:
Which NAS drive do u use? Pre-Built or Self-Built?

I use one I built myself that is running FreeNAS and it's working great.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Crisis said:
If you play a PSone game that you downloaded on the PS3 you're still going to get the messages. If you're playing from CD you don't.

ah, I see. Nothing new then. I guess (havent tried CD games yet)

spwolf

Crisis said:
Can you elaborate on that?

new option for music processing - bitstream3 - it is mentioned as designed specifically for PS3. "I think" I can hear the difference and in any case, music sounds freakin amazing over my decent setup.

loosus

Banned
Okay, if they can make it where you can actually DOWNLOAD a PS1 game from the PS3 to the PSP through the Internet and play it, then I will likely need to get a PS3.

spwolf

loosus said:
Okay, if they can make it where you can actually DOWNLOAD a PS1 game from the PS3 to the PSP through the Internet and play it, then I will likely need to get a PS3.

wtf? first of all, why would you download complete game through wifi? It could take hours.
Isnt it a lot simpler to play it off your PS3?

Schrade

loosus said:
That is what Sony needs to do. Make it so you can stick your PS1 disc into the PS3 and then rip it to the HD and it adds it to a PS1 library. Then you can choose which ones to install on your memorystick on a locally hooked up PS3 or choose to transfer it over a wireless connection.

And fucking add more PS1 titles to the PSN Store dammit! They are missing out so much on money by not putting them up.

loosus

Banned
spwolf said:
wtf? first of all, why would you download complete game through wifi? It could take hours.
Uh...no. Not everybody has the same bottlenecks as you. And keep in mind, we're already downloading them from Sony's site.

And no, I don't want to play with lag.

rager

Banned
Holy Shit, I am so loving this now. I had so many problems transcoding with Tversity and now I can play my WMVHD and divx instantly.

But could someone help me. I cannot get remote start to work. I have no problems with remote play when I set it on my ps3. But when I try remote start I always get a time out error and then when I try it again it does not work, and I have to turn the ps3 on and select the check box to enable remote start via internet everytime and it still will not work. But with regular remote play it works fine.

spwolf

spwolf said:
new option for music processing - bitstream3 - it is mentioned as designed specifically for PS3. "I think" I can hear the difference and in any case, music sounds freakin amazing over my decent setup.

yeah, you can actually notice the difference... in new Led Zeppelin album, voices and instruments were clearer, while No One sounded better with removal of high pitch that happened with bitstream1.

Its all nitpicking really, but shit I paid a lot for this sound system, I like it sounding as best as possible.

spwolf

loosus said:
Uh...no. Not everybody has the same bottlenecks as you. And keep in mind, we're already downloading them from Sony's site.

And no, I don't want to play with lag.

tough luck for you, no way you will be able to rip your games.

Schrade

spwolf said:
If you're traveling it would be convenient to pick and choose from all your PS1 games stored on your PS3 at home then download what you chose to your memory stick and then take your PSP away from the wireless hotspot.

A full download of a disc would take several hours, sure, but some games are smaller than others and if you really really want a game you'll let it run for a few hours.

Now, multi-disc games would be a bit of a pain hehe.

Schrade

rager said:
Holy Shit, I am so loving this now. I had so many problems transcoding with Tversity and now I can play my WMVHD and divx instantly.

But could someone help me. I cannot get remote start to work. I have no problems with remote play when I set it on my ps3. But when I try remote start I always get a time out error and then when I try it again it does not work, and I have to turn the ps3 on and select the check box to enable remote start via internet everytime and it still will not work. But with regular remote play it works fine.
If you're talking about the Wake On LAN feature, you'll need to forward port 9293 TCP/UDP to your PS3.

spwolf said:
yeah, you can actually notice the difference... in new Led Zeppelin album, voices and instruments were clearer, while No One sounded better with removal of high pitch that happened with bitstream1.

Its all nitpicking really, but shit I paid a lot for this sound system, I like it sounding as best as possible.

Did you just quote and agree with yourself? :lol

also:
spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.
(Today, 04:43 PM)

gabe90

So what does this all mean for the mac user? I have all macs and want to know if I will be able to stream music and video to a PS3 if I get one.

Top Bottom