• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is now available on the Xbox store

Isa

I know two people who have been permanently banned for marketplace theft. They take it seriously.

Exactly I don't think I'd want to wager my library for a virtual five-fingered discount lol. Not saying I'm knocking those that have or will do so, they are still paying something and many have or will double dip the chip. I've got no problem supporting the developers who worked hard to earn our cash. Better them than say a nickel & diming F2P title, GAAS or usual cut content repackaged as deluxe edition and season passes new release. Not to mention all of the content and how replayable the game is.

Isa

I’ve been playing a bit of Remnant 2 and it’s quite good, give it a go if you haven’t already.

But definitely check out BG3, not sure how well it plays on controller, but I’m sure it’s fine
My best friend and I lost like 9 hours yesterday to Remnant lol. Good game.

Mr.ODST

I know two people who have been permanently banned for marketplace theft. They take it seriously.

Thats the internal store not a 3rd party digital, it was to stop people from changing location to Turkey to get cheap games, don't think they can stop it from external 3rd party codes

Power Pro

Careful with this. They consider it "marketplace theft" and you can get permanently banned for it.
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

I didn't know this could happen

Soltype

More a feature than a problem IMO. Being integrated makes it seamless. The "problem" has already been solved, if you really need an additional copy you can use a different account, or Steam.
I want to keep my saves though, can I use saves between steam games and Xbox games? I wish they would actually solve the problem it's my only issue with play anywhere titles.

BlackTron

I want to keep my saves though, can I use saves between steam games and Xbox games? I wish they would actually solve the problem it's my only issue with play anywhere titles.

What? No you can't use the same save between Steam and Xbox, but you can use the same save between PC Xbox App and Xbox. I thought your problem was that you can't play the same game on different platforms at the same time, right? Why would you want to do this using the same save, especially for a game like BG3?

ManaByte

Gold Member
What? No you can't use the same save between Steam and Xbox, but you can use the same save between PC Xbox App and Xbox. I thought your problem was that you can't play the same game on different platforms at the same time, right? Why would you want to do this using the same save, especially for a game like BG3?

You can sync saves between PC, PS5, and Xbox using a Larian account.

DeVeAn

I tried multiple credit cards and none of them will allow purchase from this site. Oh well it’s a sign I guess.

Soltype

Not for BG3, but for play anywhere titles. It's not possible to play same game on PC/Xbox at same time.I want the cross save feature, but not the singular key. You mentioned steam, so I thought I could use saves from other platforms. Bg3 actually works how I would want play anywhere to function. I turned on Cross save in the menu on my steam version and my saved show up on the Xbox, I can also play it on both systems at the same time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I tried multiple credit cards and none of them will allow purchase from this site. Oh well it’s a sign I guess.

Use PayPal. I never put my card info on any website unless there's literally no other option.

My best friend and I lost like 9 hours yesterday to Remnant lol. Good game.

Very doable single player as well.

Last edited:

twilo99

Thats the internal store not a 3rd party digital, it was to stop people from changing location to Turkey to get cheap games, don't think they can stop it from external 3rd party codes

They could prevent VPN connections to their redeem website, but they don't seem to care..

Isa

I can see that..

does it hove coop?
Oh yeah, up to three people. Just past the intro and you should be able to play together. I went Medic to start and my friend went Hunter, a pretty good combo. Interesting trying out different skills and stuff, finding what works for our playstyle.

twilo99

Seems like its running ok on xss

Oh yeah, up to three people. Just past the intro and you should be able to play together. I went Medic to start and my friend went Hunter, a pretty good combo. Interesting trying out different skills and stuff, finding what works for our playstyle.

That game works great in coop I bet.. I've got no one that would waste any time on a video game like that with me so I've been playing a bit here in there, but I still have Starfield to mess with too!

Isa

Seems like its running ok on xss

That game works great in coop I bet.. I've got no one that would waste any time on a video game like that with me so I've been playing a bit here in there, but I still have Starfield to mess with too!

Yeah, it can be tough at times lol. Its great it managed to hit GP so I could play with my friends since their priorities are far more responsible than mine lol. Starfield is great fun too, I'd get back to it but with so many other games installed and it being so large I had to sacrifice it to make space lol. Baldur's Gate alone is gargantuan.

twilo99

Yeah, it can be tough at times lol. Its great it managed to hit GP so I could play with my friends since their priorities are far more responsible than mine lol. Starfield is great fun too, I'd get back to it but with so many other games installed and it being so large I had to sacrifice it to make space lol. Baldur's Gate alone is gargantuan.

Is the coop in BG3 supposed to be fun? I haven't heard anything on that and if you have friends that want to play coop maybe BG3 is another good one

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Is the coop in BG3 supposed to be fun? I haven't heard anything on that and if you have friends that want to play coop maybe BG3 is another good one
Yeah we enjoyed our time in Divinity Original Sin 2 and had been planning to pick up BG3 for a while now. Just gotta wait for them but there is plenty to play in the meantime.

BlackTron

Not for BG3, but for play anywhere titles. It's not possible to play same game on PC/Xbox at same time.I want the cross save feature, but not the singular key. You mentioned steam, so I thought I could use saves from other platforms. Bg3 actually works how I would want play anywhere to function. I turned on Cross save in the menu on my steam version and my saved show up on the Xbox, I can also play it on both systems at the same time.

I'm glad BG3 works for your needs due to the devs servers. For me, the PA feature is exactly that it isn't complicated and just works. If it was possible to have a separate license of the game and choose different saves, there would be UI and menu ramifications. It's just a way to play a Xbox game on PC by using the same account.

Generally buying a game doesn't entitle you to play it more than once at the same time and PA isn't a 2 for 1 deal. For example you can only use your Steam account to play one game at a time. It's "play anywhere" not "play infinite". I realize you can't even solve the problem yourself by buying a separate license though which is unfortunate if you're looking for this specific set of circumstances.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Played for about an hour. This doesn't feel like a console game at all but hats off to them for doing the best they can.

Will deffo buy the PC version. Not sure if it's my cup of tea but I'm sure the dialogue stuff will grab me.

Seems to run fine on series x, but the hdr or something doesn't look right. Lots of grey on the cg and on screens instead of what feels like it should be black.

Anyway, need to make a larian account so I can move saves around.

twilo99

Played for about an hour. This doesn't feel like a console game at all but hats off to them for doing the best they can.

Will deffo buy the PC version. Not sure if it's my cup of tea but I'm sure the dialogue stuff will grab me.

Seems to run fine on series x, but the hdr or something doesn't look right. Lots of grey on the cg and on screens instead of what feels like it should be black.

Anyway, need to make a larian account so I can move saves around.

I think the game needs mouse and keyboard, which you can do on the xbox I think but if you have a PC just do that..

I do have some overblown highlights on PC without HDR, not sure if that's the same issue

King Dazzar

Not sure if this has been captured. But there are reports of saves being corrupted on Xbox due to an issue with the cloud save system on Xbox. Might want to wait until its resolved.

I gotta say the dice rolling is ruining this game. I don't think that mechanic works in video games where there is no DM to craft a narrative around roll successes and failures. You just gotta save scum constantly.

Imo it would be better with a hybrid system where there are specific checks for specific skill levels (like how Obsidian does it) but if you fall under that skill level check you can still roll the dice to see if you can pass anyway.

I gotta say the dice rolling is ruining this game. I don't think that mechanic works in video games where there is no DM to craft a narrative around roll successes and failures. You just gotta save scum constantly.

Imo it would be better with a hybrid system where there are specific checks for specific skill levels (like how Obsidian does it) but if you fall under that skill level check you can still roll the dice to see if you can pass anyway.
First of all, the game gives you inspiration points which allows you to re-roll. 2ndly, not all failed rolls are negative for your game, sometimes failing just leads to another branch in the plot. So don’t feel like you have to save scum to succeed at every roll.

DeVeAn

So, PayPal worked and got for $18. I tried to get Alan Wake 2 but after purchase screen went to a blank page and didn’t get the key. The charge was incomplete so nothing lost.

Not sure I should test fate for AW2 but I really want to play it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

Agreed.

Moreover, I haven’t been able to connect to any multiplayer game since launch, and it seems to be a huge issue with Xbox servers. What’s going on?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
First of all, the game gives you inspiration points which allows you to re-roll. 2ndly, not all failed rolls are negative for your game, sometimes failing just leads to another branch in the plot. So don’t feel like you have to save scum to succeed at every roll.

I failed the brain 🧠 manipulation and it grew legs and scurried off. I thought that was cool.

I'm not sure I like my characters design. Is it only preset faces you can use? I couldn't see an option to fine tune the facial features.

I'll restart if it's possible, if not I'll stick with my wood elf rogue.

adamsapple

Both a game and system level update out to help with the save disappearing issue.

Last edited:

kikkis

Some first impressions:

Skip and select should x and a in conversations. Currently you can accidentally select dialogue when skipping.

Maybe there should be run button?

Having to manually remember to save like it's 1995 is annoying since auto save isnt frequent enough.

I am not turn based fan, but I'll give it time.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Yesterday I deleted my Ranger roughly a 4 hour save. I was at the Goblin camp. Feel like going to either roll Paladin or Barbarian something didn't click with Ranger. I was debating warlock..

adamsapple

Looks like the game has had a good launch, 3rd top paid app on Xbox right now (behind 2 CoD's naturally).

GBRzh2gWgAALpnm

Top Bottom