• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beelzebub - 228

Well that was a way to get to the Soloman Company fast. This arc is still at a good speed so I'm still interested.

I laughed at the "this costume was the only thing I packed" part.

Aizo

Banned
Shaman King - Vol. 21-23
OOJA5Un.png
Emeth, not even once.
It seems that I spoke too soon.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin Oneshot
There's no way my sensei can be a titan~

I've seen the raws before but it still amazes me how bad the art looks, the story is also pretty shitty (a heart filled with righteousness™), Isayama has really come a long way since then.

Akito

The new Ran and the Gray World chapter is being released on 4chan right now, seems like an an emotional roller coaster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some guy sent me a PM about how much of an asshole he thinks I am and he kept calling me "bro" in the PM

Nisekoi - Ch. 98-99
2sexist4me.

I don't hate Nisekoi, nor do I really dislike reading it each week, but it has some really fundamental issues.

iwNPbsFuejqYk.gif

Well, if over a sustained period of time, I would find her weakness to be annoying but as a one-off its find it shows a different side to her character, and it shows her internal weakness clearer and a bit better understanding of her. It certainly shows her character has more depth than Chitoge whose strength is played as a joke.

Akito

Ran and the Gray World 35
FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK, such a conflicting chapter. I did feel some pity for Outarou but I cannot say that I won't like the prospect of not having him around anymore. But then came along the confession that he knew Ran's only ten, who knows for how long. Fuck him and his very existence, if the author pulls something from her ass and have him resurrected, I will rage with the force of a thousand suns.

Scientia 3 - 7 END

Probably one of the few Seinen aimed manga that didnt turn out entirely bad or boring. Perhaps the short focus of sorts and slightly interconnected stories made it feel unique and different from much of the tone of other series in the demographic. In any event I enjoyed spending the few hours to get through it. Alot of it was quite thought provoking imagining if I myself were in those situations if I would take up those offers. The musician one in Accelerator was most compelling in regards to that as it seemed to have one who was trying to things without any help and another who wanted all the help he could get just to succeed. In the end I think both routes were alright but kind of sad at the same time. I imagine it depends on what is fulfilling to each person themself, Id probably took the fame route, maybe.

Only thing I didn't like was the art, the characters always seemed to look the same, especially the female characters. Robot nurse didnt seem to be that different then the look of the one from the earlier story than the look of the mom in the daughter story and so on. They all always had that round face of sorts even the minor characters, it was really an issue when the builder story came up and he mentioned the female character we saw in a previous story who ended up getting a fulfilled life later.

I wouldn't mind reading their other works though.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I miss reading One Piece so much.

Come the new year I will be able to marathon it again and my silly pact will be over. Don't worry, Luffy. I know you'll be there waiting for me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK 250
So now he's going to open the gaps in the girls' hearts. And I thought we were done with this arc for a second there

At first I was like =D then I realized we're getting more fucken Namek

Onigari no Mori de 7

Common themes always run through her series and this is one of the ones I enjoy, the way she gets the characters to express themselves to people from different time periods or worlds. Always kind of funny of sorts to see how they go about with their confessing at least in this mang and then a few others. Im just glad a chapter was dedicated to getting the ones I wanted most together though, because it it is different worlds and a gate situation, they may not fortunately get to remain together as the crises grows. Yue may end up with a bad end too now that he's found out.

Wiseblade

I don't spend a lot of time reading chapters, either. But when I buy a volume, you better believe I'm analysing that cover to cover.

Defuser

The World God Only Knows ch 250

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Holy shit, now that is something I didn't expect. Wakaki you magnificent motherfucker.

Angry Grimace

wait so can can someone explain to me what happened in TWGOK 250. seemed liked something important happened but I have no idea what it was

She revealed that we're staying on Namek because Keima's only done 2 of 3 things he has to do.

Keima's been a kid for 55 chapters now. Its time to end this shit, Wakaki; surely you came up with some ideas on how to move the plot forward in the last year of stalling with boring Keimakid antics

Rin-ne 157

500 yen and he's living the high life.

Senyuu 02 7

Inazuma Eleven has nothing on these amazing soccer skills.

Senyuu 02 8

Murder is the best solution.

Articalys

Honestly I've kind of lost track of the larger plot narrative in TWGOK right now because this arc's gone on so many goddamn detours, and also time travel is a bitch.

well that's kind of cool I guess. probably be more impactful if said reveal-character had actually been in the manga in the past 50 or so chapters. so basically
the teacher is actually doramu (sp?) and the queen of hell or whatever?
all this nothing happening has numbed by brain to it all.

also what is worth reading on the crunchyroll manga list? I've read MGX, Yamada, SnK, and UQ Holder and am curious if anything else is worth my time. awesome service, btw

Kettch

Gakkou Gurashi

"Oh hey, a mildly amusing comedy with characters reminiscent of Aria, that's ok I gue-...wait, what the fuck?"

Not sure If I could have made it through the entire first chapter without the absurdly high reader ratings. I definitely need to pay more attention to those, this is really good stuff.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
TWGOK

Dokurou being the Teacher is an obvious plot twist. So is Dokurou being the Hell Chief, and the Hell Chief being the Teacher. The crazy thing here is all 3 being true. Previously I just assumed that the existence of one precluded the others from being true. But somehow they are all the same character, and in a linear timeline too (damn time traveling resurrections!)

wonzo

Banned
Hantsu x Trash 21

It might've been an accident but fuckyeah

TEACHER'S ASS 102

If only all therapy sessions were like this!

Nozo x Kimi 15

I still don't get how teenagers could still believe in stupid crap like that but then again I'm still amazed these two haven't had sex yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK

Dokurou being the Teacher is an obvious plot twist. So is Dokurou being the Hell Chief, and the Hell Chief being the Teacher. The crazy thing here is all 3 being true. Previously I just assumed that the existence of one precluded the others from being true. But somehow they are all the same character, and in a linear timeline too (damn time traveling resurrections!)

Pretty much, I figured she'd be the daughter or something. I also like how the reveal got handled, we weren't straight up told this was the case but there's more than enough info to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom