• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the comments about Bleach reading length has me curious.

How long does it take you guys to read an average manga chapter of the big 3? or one of your regular mangas.

Of course it will take longer for some such as the monthly mangas with 30+ pages and some mangas have like 10 pages cough Initial D cough. Distractions such as watching anime/talking on phone doesn't count.

Naruto: 3 minutes. Sometimes more if I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
Bleach: 2 minutes. Usually I reread over the chapter when the better version comes out so about 5 minutes in a day
One Piece: 4 minutes. Takes 6 minutes on the plot heavy chapters where there are tons of bubbles and I'm trying to make sense of it.

Its takes me an average of 4 minutes per manga chapter excluding long chapters.

Dynedom

7 Seeds - 125

Man, this is really intense. I'm guessing it's either gas messing with everyone's perception or there is someone else there who knows the layouts and how to open and close these doors.

I just wonder who the focus of this arc will be. Nijiko maybe?

Mael

I think it takes more times for me to load pages of Bleach than I take to read it.
I'm pretty fast manga reader and usually only take time to read and re read the bubbles.
Exception being Fairy tail since the more bubbles on that one, the shittier the chapter (and I read them in volumes whne I get them)...
For Bleach I'd be surprised if it took me more than a minute to read a whole chapter....
Thank god for the volumes though, Bleach is so much better that way!

wonzo

Banned
New Waves 137
thebreakernw137.png

These past few chapters feel kinda short but I don't care as IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading a few mangas by Mitsuru Adachi again such as H2, Kimagure Punch, and my personal favorite of his, Hiatari Ryoukou!, I feel like there is no one out there who can create the kind of whimsical romance manga this guy so good at creating.

So good.

Aizo

Banned
Please excuse the double post, but I've made a startling discovery.
Reading Shaman King and Nisekoi at the same time is not a good choice. They're starting to overlap!!

Shaman King: Marco Lasso
sbXpxFS.png

Nisekoi: Claude
9FS4wjk.png

Reading a few mangas by Mitsuru Adachi again such as H2, Kimagure Punch, and my personal favorite of his, Hiatari Ryoukou!, I feel like there is no one out there who can create the kind of whimsical romance manga this guy so good at creating.

So good.
What's with 80s manga and proposing to high school girls? Was that an actual thing?

Seeing all the comments about Bleach reading length has me curious.

How long does it take you guys to read an average manga chapter of the big 3? or one of your regular mangas.

Of course it will take longer for some such as the monthly mangas with 30+ pages and some mangas have like 10 pages cough Initial D cough. Distractions such as watching anime/talking on phone doesn't count.

Naruto: 3 minutes. Sometimes more if I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
Bleach: 2 minutes. Usually I reread over the chapter when the better version comes out so about 5 minutes in a day
One Piece: 4 minutes. Takes 6 minutes on the plot heavy chapters where there are tons of bubbles and I'm trying to make sense of it.

Naruto usually 15 minutes
Bleach usually five
One Piece usually two minutes.
BL/yaoi 30 mins to an hour if its intense
Most other manga 20mins

Gintamen

That's called skimming, not reading. Or you don't even look at the art or don't read the text, but that's eh.. your problem. It's easier not to appreciate what you don't pay for.

Fairy Tail
Someone is obviously gonna eat his words next chapter. Shonen 101.

Beelzebub 228
Sexy Hilda Ninja is all I need.

Aizo

Banned
That's called skimming, not reading. Or you don't even look at the art or don't read the text, but that's eh.. your problem. It's easier not to appreciate what you don't pay for.
I read many shōnen battle manga in about 2.5 mins, honestly. I look at all the images and read all the text, too. It just depends on how much text there is. One Piece always takes me longer. I just timed myself thoroughly reading a few Shaman King chapters, and it is consistently just under three minutes. Obviously, shōjo, josei, and seinen manga take me longer.

upandaway

If I'm reading a singular chapter, it can take me 10 minutes easy. I guess it would be a bit less in a bulk read.

But we already proved ya'll are skimmers back in like OT5, none of this is new

Fairy Tail 360

I'll be legit shook if Natsu being defeated actually sticks next week. Seems like I'm reading a lot of series that have explode powers

Aizo

Banned
If I'm reading a singular chapter, it can take me 10 minutes easy. I guess it would be a bit less in a bulk read.

But we already proved ya'll are skimmers back in like OT5, none of this is new

Some people really do just read that quickly. I know many (literature majors) that read incredibly fast. Far faster than I'll ever be.

Shaman King - Vol. ?-20
When demons become more powerful, they grow mustaches.
Remember this, everyone.

Sometimes, when I don't shave for a few days, I become quite powerful.

Tacitus_

Beelzebub

As expected, this was a hilarious chapter. Can't really pick the best part but I was doing my best not to burst out laughing in school :D

Dynedom

The Breaker - New Waves 137

It gets real next week. Aww yiss

Kenichi

Was...was that gun really in Shigure's mouth like that? WTF

1 vagina flash away from hentai at this point

LeleSocho

Banned
The Big 3?
Naruto 3-4 minutes
Toriko 4-5 because i take my time to appreciate it
One Piece even 10+ minutes because between bubbles and uselessly super detailed drawing i can't understand absolutely nothing.

Hell even JoJo is more clear to read.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd never spend 30 minutes on any single work (unless it's Yamatogawa like a hundred pages long), but I'll often take 30 minutes or more for those really intense evenings in front of the monitor glow.

Kurita

Speaking of which...

Eyeshield 21 - Vol. 10-11

Does the character development continue to be this great throughout the whole series? If so, I won't want it to end.
Yes, though Sakuraba is one of the players that get the most character development, even more than some players from the Devil Bats.
At the end of the day pretty much every main character becomes more mature, motivated...

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto usually 15 minutes
Bleach usually five
One Piece usually two minutes.
BL/yaoi 30 mins to an hour if its intense
Most other manga 20mins

Man now give us times without touching yourself or something.

How can any sane person spend 15 minutes reading these shitty naruto chapters. I breathe through it, I'm not even sure if it takes 2 minutes for me

How can any sane person spend 15 minutes reading these shitty naruto chapters. I breathe through it, I'm not even sure if it takes 2 minutes for me

Naruto action scenes are sometimes equivalent to finding waldo or something, the various discussions of jutsu and techniques take more than two minutes to try to understand (izanagi etc), and the the discussion and character moments are on the wordier side.

Aizo

Banned
So I'm reading Shaman King, and there's this character named Lyserg Diethel... Like Lysergic Acid Diethylamide? LSD? Odd.

I understand you... trust me i don't really like this much fanservice but the battles are so good that i think it's worth it.

I watched the anime. This is why I'm not interested in the manga. My favorite character was the musical dude who sings while fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom