• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Super Dimensional Macross: The First 3

Woah a new chapter. Seemed shorted than the rest, and had a few pages at the beginning just for a recap of the last volume. Covered after the fold and the beginning of Hikaru and Minmay being strandard on a dark corner of the Macross. Speech is really hard to follow in the manga, dunno if it's a problem with the translation, but the speechbubbles are crap and it's hard to tell who's talking.

Oh well, maybe in a year and half I'll get chapter 4.

Then you can make the same argument for ygo. It was still dumb and has only caused more confusion.

Eh, I don't really think it's all that dumb, it's clear the audience they're going for when they do it. YGO and DBZ were both popular anime with relatively unknown "prequels".

Lirlond

Kingdom

RHk27TD.jpg

Goddamn nothing gets me fired up more than Kingdom. Praise Wonzo for getting me into this series.

The bribe Qi strategy seems like it'll go a long way to winning this war, just having that threat should disturb at the least the small states of han and wei.

Do you guys pronounce Energy as "Enelgy"?

Right fine.

I learned when I was a teenager and that whole Aeris/Aerith debate that there's no point arguing about an english word that was changed into a katakana and into an english word again.

Or that whole Freeza/Freezer thing.

Or Killua/Killer.

Or Chrollo/Kuroro Lucifer.

Or Carrot/Kakaroct.

You guys get my point.

bjork

But I'm already taking it pretty slowly with one volume per day at most, any slower and I might feel like the number of remaining volumes will actually increase lol
Ah well, I don't usually do this but maybe I can find another complete series and then read them both in rotation.

If you're down with delinquent manga and haven't checked them out yet, Crows and Worst are a better take on the formula. QP is by the Crows/Worst author and it's short, like 7/8 volumes. Similar themes and is in the same universe as Crows x Worst. Or there's Rookies (which isn't done but it super super close, less than a volume left iirc), delinquent/baseball manga, or Rokudenashi Blues.

Or if you want to mix it up, fit some Shintaro Kago in there. :p

Another classic lol viz

Same as rebranding all of ygo into 3 different series. Ygo, duelist, and millennium world

They should've done two series: Yugioh - the cool part with people on fire and shit, then Yugioh CB - Card Bullshit. I like Pegasus, though.

7 Seeds 125
Good a recap, I needed that after how long its been since the last chapter.
*reads rest of chapter
how did they get trapped in those paths. Are there powerful hallucinogens there?

Veelk

Banned
I like Enel because in Hubrew En means "No" and El means "God", which makes his name deliciously ironic and certainly more appropriate than "Enelgy"

Bossun

Naruto F

Fuck, I spat some blood because of cheesiness.
Kishimoto needs to grow some balls and chest hairs, that was some fairytale level of cheesiness..

Bleach B

Good dawg..

Akito

If you're down with delinquent manga and haven't checked them out yet, Crows and Worst are a better take on the formula. QP is by the Crows/Worst author and it's short, like 7/8 volumes. Similar themes and is in the same universe as Crows x Worst. Or there's Rookies (which isn't done but it super super close, less than a volume left iirc), delinquent/baseball manga, or Rokudenashi Blues.

Or if you want to mix it up, fit some Shintaro Kago in there. :p
I wish I still have some Kago manga left to read :(
And it's not like I'm on a delinquent manga run or anything, I was just in a mood for one so I may have to mix KKOW with something else, like with this Three Piece manga upandaway was talking about.

LeleSocho

Banned
I want to thank all the people who suggested Baby Steps. It really is good.

Baby Steps 53-93

The pace is constant and the romance part is evolving quite fast, even if Ei-chan is getting stronger faster than i expected i really like how it's building up the whole thing.
Let's hope that the two confess each other before the end of the manga.

It doesn't help that Viz has such a monopoly on manga
And they refuse to translate more series for Weekly Jump.
"Assassination Classroom is too violent! Kuroko's Basketball won't translate well! Shokugeki no Soma is too racy!"
Yep Viz needs to look at reasons why a manga would sell rather than making excuses. It's the same reason Silver Spoon ain't here and it could sell gangbusters.

Akito

I want to thank all the people who suggested Baby Steps. It really is good.

Baby Steps 53-93

The pace is constant and the romance part is evolving quite fast, even if Ei-chan is getting stronger faster than i expected i really like how it's building up the whole thing.
Let's hope that the two confess each other before the end of the manga.
disgonbgud.jpg

Just kidding

Or was I?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Right fine.

I learned when I was a teenager and that whole Aeris/Aerith debate that there's no point arguing about an english word that was changed into a katakana and into an english word again.

Or that whole Freeza/Freezer thing.

Or Killua/Killer.

Or Chrollo/Kuroro Lucifer.

Or Carrot/Kakaroct.

You guys get my point.

The funny part is that when reviews came out on FF7 she was Aerith to begin with; I didn't even realize she'd been changed to Aeris until I played the US version. I remember my friend had a player's guide that always referred to her as "Aerith" even using US screenshots of the game. It also noted explicitly that Tifa and Cloud were fucking under the Highwind, which I always thought was just what happened, until I realized later it was an optional dialogue depending on earlier stuff in the game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
gaffers takes ownership of every single meme they can find and run them into the ground asap

Its actually surprising how many people actually believe that specific GAF memes have cultural relevance. The Doge meme has cultural relevance; the Banderas gif doesn't and to the extent its well known, its not because of GAF.

wonzo

Banned
Its actually surprising how many people actually believe that specific GAF memes have cultural relevance. The Doge meme has cultural relevance; the Banderas gif doesn't and to the extent its well known, its not because of GAF.
It's caused by a false sense of superiority where they like to act they're above the dreck found at place like IGN & GFAQS but in actually, aren't any better themselves.

Aunts Tits 102

So the reason this teacher is yandere is because she saw Minamoto being bitch-made and did nothing to stop it so now she'll make things right by putting his d inside?

Shouta

Talk no Jutsu, so stronk.

I did like this chapter of Naruto despite Kishi beating people over the head with the stuff.

Wiseblade

So I got up to date on One Piece volumes and decided to take inventory on my comic collection. I have:

One Piece volumes 1-68
Magi volumes 1+2
Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 1-3
Yotsuba&! Volume 1
Ultimate Spider-Man volumes 1-16

I took pictures of it all, maybe I'll post them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom