• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omamori Himari 67

A Cat Trigger for a Chaotic Ending

8TzXMbP.png

Aaand it begins. Now get your ass back here so it can begin harder.

bjork

I came across a photo of my old shelves and man, I miss my old manga collection. I can't even imagine trying to track it all down now, and it was only maybe 200ish volumes.

Working in that shop had its privileges.

Taboo-Tattoo 24

HrZkb8X.png

Dawww, the princess was adorable as a kid. It's hard to feel concerned about BB's upcoming encounter with stitch eyes since, ya know, he evidently survived it
to become chow for MC in the present

Kuroko no Basket 238

Glad to see the game isn't dragging on, but I'm sure I'll end up biting my tongue once half-time hits.

Damn Akashi. Just how long has he had this plan for players, I wonder. I shouldn't be surprised he's treating teammates like experiments given his nature, but man this whole match so far has been about breaking Kuroko's spirit at every turn.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 264-266

I'm gonna push my limited knowledge of Chinese history to the side here and say that I don't think there's a single word in the english language to describe just how well and truly fucked Qin is. Not even the deal with Qi's gonna do much really.

So I got up to date on One Piece volumes and decided to take inventory on my comic collection. I have:

One Piece volumes 1-68
Magi volumes 1+2
Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 1-3
Yotsuba&! Volume 1
Ultimate Spider-Man volumes 1-16

I took pictures of it all, maybe I'll post them later.
Always wanted to see how peoples shelves with all the volumes of one piece look.

I get bleach and naruto but both I didnt buy their first arcs so I have naruto from shippuden to current and bleach arrancar saga current.

I don't rage about them every single week so yeah, it could be worse.

We do have some heated "discussions" but I don't think there's anyone genuinely raging about the actual chapters. We're better than Narutofan forums or whatever they're called, even if only marginally.

I don't believe BO's act so he doesn't count

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 238

We all knew it was coming. The 5th player for Rakuzan
has misdirection just like Kuroko. Akashi still taking shots at Kuroko and says that the Kuroko was the prototype and the Rakuzan player is the improved version.

The manga author is really stacking the deck and
as of right now I don't see a way for Seirin to win. I have a feeling Seirin is going to win but don't know how yet.

Gakuen Heaven Revolution 17
tumblr_mwa3viuGNS1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally a Keita Shunsuke moment. Though the main setup seems to still be Keita Kazuki focused Im glad Shunsuke managed to get out of his perilous situation and at least finally find a new life to lead and what not. Vice chairman was terrible and trapped him and I just knew it had to happen eventually and fortunately not in the final chapter.

Kazuki is interesting and gave a nice hug there but hes so vague in what he wants/protect Keita.

Kuroko no Basket 238

We all knew it was coming. The 5th player for Rakuzan
has misdirection just like Kuroko. Akashi still taking shots at Kuroko and says that the Kuroko was the prototype and the Rakuzan player is the improved version.

The manga author is really stacking the deck and
as of right now I don't see a way for Seirin to win. I have a feeling Seirin is going to win but don't know how yet.

If I recall correctly,
I think Fujimaki said in a recent interview that he doesn't know how to beat Akashi yet either so at least you're not alone in thinking that. haha

Sword Art Online Girl Ops 3

Almost would have praised the slimes with acid attack but then realizedd that since its not Kirito it wouldnt be exciting. It wasn't (also the art for kuros face always looks weird). Would have been better with actual Kirito.

Lain

Teppu 21

This chapter is just an appetizer that adds a bit more background info about Natsuo, but it's still pretty nice.

Teppu 22 RAW

OMG!!!!
The art, at least for the first page, feels different, but the awesome fighting is still all there.

Big One

Banned
One Piece A

Thought this week was awesome. Haven't had chills like this since CP9. I'm actually hoping Oda will do a part 2 to this arc, much like CP9, where they delve into Law's story and they finally confront the Doflamingo family. Shit should be amazing if Oda writes it right.

Bleach SKIPPED

No reason to read it right now, kind of busy with other things and nothing really that interesting seems to be going on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One Piece A

Thought this week was awesome. Haven't had chills like this since CP9. I'm actually hoping Oda will do a part 2 to this arc, much like CP9, where they delve into Law's story and they finally confront the Doflamingo family. Shit should be amazing if Oda writes it right.

Bleach SKIPPED

No reason to read it right now, kind of busy with other things and nothing really that interesting seems to be going on.

What you just wrote about Bleach took longer than it would have to read the chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ok, neat. That's one of the reasons why I'm going to wait so I can read it in bulk like I did last week (skipped several weeks of Bleach chapters then too)

Its not like nothing happened, its just that whenever something happens it takes 2 pages for it to happen and then there's 15 pages of explosions.

All these things are happen and it's only the 2nd quarter.

Another reason I'm worried he'll run out of steam. All those reveals in a single quarter and
Akashi still hasn't used his power yet
. It feels like with so much at the forefront, Fujimaki's going to need to draw out the last three quarters to sort out and resolve all of the variables
unless he just lets Seirin lose
which I honestly kind of doubt.

TokiDoki

Bleach SKIPPED

I don't think busy is a good excuse not to read Bleach , you don't even need 5 minutes for a chapter .

Hmm , might pick up Kingdom , I like what I see from the excerpts .

Unknown 03

A girl shows up and saves the day since the guys are too busy making kissy faces to each other.

Well I'm sure that's the intent.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom 264-266

I'm gonna push my limited knowledge of Chinese history to the side here and say that I don't think there's a single word in the english language to describe just how well and truly fucked Qin is. Not even the deal with Qi's gonna do much really.

But if we go by real world history, it's
Qin that will finally manage to unite China under one banner with Shei as its first Divine Emperor, helped by Shin

It will be very interesting to see how the author weaves the story from this point onward.

scy

Qin that will finally manage to unite China under one banner with Shei as its first Divine Emperor, helped by Shin

It will be very interesting to see how the author weaves the story from this point onward.

Off-hand,
isn't Shin's greatest accomplishment just him failing the Chu invasion? Wonder how that'll go...

wonzo

Banned

… That's why I said I pushed my knowledge of what happens to the side.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Off-hand,
isn't Shin's greatest accomplishment just him failing the Chu invasion? Wonder how that'll go...

It's interesting since the author decides to base his main lead from a real-life character that was not even that famous or accomplished very significant things in the grandest scheme of things.

But that alone makes me curious on how he will take Shin next.

… That's why I said I pushed my knowledge of what happens to the side.

Hahaha, yeah sorry.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata 01

lG6ry6vl.png

So the real series is getting translated so that's cool.

From what I heard, the focus on who the main character is, is slightly different so I guess that will be interesting to see who they care to shine a light on. Other than that, same old same old with the useless male lead.

Read Taboo Tattoo for approximately 1 1/4 chapters until blatant stupid fanservice killed it. Had a damn interesting MC and premise too.

You had one job Japan.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom