• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

At least Miura is releasing something even if it's not Berserk.

Do you think this One Piece arc is going to last longer than Miura's new series? I know the new series is just six issues, but I thought it was going to be released monthly?

Also, I believe in you Togashiiiiii! Next chapter of Hunter X Hunter is coming like early 2014 or something, calling it. Now that early though.

OceanBlue

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha INNOCENT 5
i37WiwfH7NvpT.png
Yay sports! Just after watching as much as I could of Kuroko no Basket S2 too lol.

Akito

Do you think this One Piece arc is going to last longer than Miura's new series? I know the new series is just six issues, but I thought it was going to be released monthly?
Well, we have yet to reach the fighting part of the arc. And I don't think we know the schedule of Gigantomakhia, it might as well be bi-weekly
lololol

Conan-san

We got a shitload of hype and OMGOMGOMG from Kubo telling us about the final arc, and we haven't heard shit about Naruto. I think there's going to be another arc and I don't think they're going to end at the same time either given Jump's record of extending popular series.

Naruto will end soon, one way or another.

Well, we have yet to reach the fighting part of the arc. And I don't think we know the schedule of Gigantomakhia, it might as well be bi-weekly
lololol

It'll get released long enough to end just before the new Idolmaster game comes out of course.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No. Because I don't want to think of a sad, pathetic world where there's another 800 so pages of this bullshit left to go.

So you're saying you believe it to be true or you're just hoping it to be true?

Because I tend to doubt Sasuke actually cut the bullshit of his own accord, Madara is still alive and invincible and Orochimaru is clearly up to some shit.

1) the current One Piece arc ends
2) Bleach ends
3) Naruto Ends
4) Alibaba and Mor stat dating for real
5) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
6) A new Berserk chapter is released
7) One Piece ends

Put in order of when you think each event will take place (soonest first).

Haven't started Ippo or Nisekoi yet

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
People think Naruto is going to end just because Kishimoto is wrapping up all the plot threads? HA! Get ready for another timeskip and Buu saga like ridiculousness, guys.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
People think Naruto is going to end just because Kishimoto is wrapping up all the plot threads? HA! Get ready for another timeskip and Buu saga like ridiculousness, guys.

Hokage exams
Since everyone wants to be Hokage now, why not have one final tournament arc!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hokage exams
Since everyone wants to be Hokage now, why not have one final tournament arc!
That could work:

End of Madara arc ---> Bullshit Buu saga-esque arc ---> timeskip ---> Naruto fights to become Hokage arc ---> timeskip ---> Naruto has a kid and is hokage, but then ditches it to suicide fight Sasuke arc. THE END

Erigu

Well where's the source for these statements then?
Er... I just told you.

Cuz it's very unbelievable that Shonen Jump would end Naruto without any fanfare.
Weekly Jump announced Dragon Ball was ending when the last episode was published...

Do you have proof or are you just going to say its true
Amusing coming from somebody who claimed right above that Kishimoto never said anything about the manga ending (a claim that obviously can't be proven).

In this 2012 interview, he says he told a character designer that the series would keep going for about another year and a half, although he now thinks it's going to be a bit longer after all:
z3BG6Sh.jpg

And like I said, I've seen several comments from him about the current arc being the home stretch, but I won't look for the exact quotes, as there's only so much I'm willing to do to humor someone who so readily implies I'm making stuff up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Amusing coming from somebody who claimed right above that Kishimoto never said anything about the manga ending (a claim that obviously can't be proven).

Ooooh, the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" argument.

And like I said, I've seen several comments from him about the current arc being the home stretch, but I won't look for the exact quotes, as there's only so much I'm willing to do to humor someone who so readily implies I'm making stuff up.
You have a history and you're still claiming there's multiple instances backing up your claim, but all you've actually presented is a single, inherently vague statement that gives no reasonable indication how long the series is going to go.

No, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't another "arc" incoming, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that the series will end any in any sane person's definition of "soon," unless Sasuke's story is straight up over and Orochimaru heel-faced for no reason at all.

Erigu

Ooooh, the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" argument.
Well, yeah. Basic logic.

You have a history
History of making stuff up, really? Prove it.

you're still claiming there's multiple instances backing up your claim, but all you've actually presented is a single, inherently vague statement that gives no reasonable indication how long the series is going to go.
Oh, fuck off. You claimed he never said anything about the manga ending, and I just gave you a quote that contradicts that.

Yonafunu

Oh, fuck off. You claimed he never said anything about the manga ending, and I just gave you a quote that contradicts that.

In this 2012 interview, he says he told a character designer that the series would keep going for about another year and a half, although he now thinks it's going to be a bit longer after all:

To be fair, the quote above (quoting you, since I can't read Japanese) isn't saying it's ending soon, it's saying it was supposed to end soon, but is going to take a bit longer. So it's not ending soon, basically.

Cerity

Last Inning 1-121

Unsure on this one, there's a huge emphasis on characters and team bonding to the point it doesn't really feel like a sports manga at all. The author obviously takes inspiration from adachi but I'm not sure if it's in a good way.

Erigu

Ooooh, the intense irony.
Indeed, the irony is quite thick, here. You make claims you can't or won't prove, and when I post evidence (guess someone has to do it), you argue that it doesn't count and you want to see more.

By the way, here's more, you prick:
KTGFo1s.jpg

Kishimoto says work on the plot structure leading to the end of the series is well under way, and now it's all about drawing his way there. "Enjoy Naruto until the end!" That was right before the beginning of the current war arc.

Its a vague statement.
Kishimoto told a character designer he envisioned the manga ending one year and a half from then. That's Kishimoto talking about the manga ending.
It really isn't that complicated, Angry Grimace.

To be fair, the quote above (quoting you, since I can't read Japanese) isn't saying it's ending soon, it's saying it was supposed to end soon, but is going to take a bit longer. So it's not ending soon, basically.
He was talking about how everything seems to take longer than he anticipates, yes. Still seems fairly relevant to me that he felt he could tell somebody the end was in sight.

Angry Grimace

That's what I was saying! Its vague enough that I don't think its reliable evidence that "this is it." I'm not saying it won't end sooner rather than later, I'm saying there isn't a definitive statement by the author that leads me to believe it; I'll believe it when Naruto is fighting Sasuke.

Angry Grimace

Indeed, the irony is quite thick, here. You make claims you can't or won't prove, and when I post evidence (guess someone has to do it), you argue that it doesn't count and you want to see more.
Evidence has weight. I'm not going to go back and repost all the parts where you literally edited other people's posts to favor the argument you were making; the difference is that you, I and the rest of the thread were there for that and we weren't there for Kishimoto's alleged statements that its going to end imminently.

By the way, here's more, you prick:
I disagree that I'm a prick.

Kishimoto says work on the plot structure leading to the end of the series is well under way, and now it's all about drawing his way there. "Enjoy Naruto until the end!" That was right before the beginning of the current war arc.
That tells us nothing about when its going to end. I don't think that's a justified inference from that statement. It just means he knows what the ending is. It could be years from now or tomorrow.

Kishimoto told a character designer he envisioned the manga ending one year and a half from then. That's Kishimoto talking about the manga ending.
It really isn't that complicated, Angry Grimace.
And then he told him its not ending a year and a half from then.

And/or being an idiot.

I disagree. Calling me names isn't going to make your argument better.

Erigu

Evidence has weight.
You claimed nothing had been said about Naruto ending, that wasn't true and I proved it.

Now please tell me more about "my history".

I'm not going to go back and repost all the parts where you literally edited other people's posts to favor the argument you were making
Yeah, I didn't think you were. Funny, that.

Kishimoto's alleged statements that its going to end imminently.
I never said anything about the series "ending imminently". I said "Kishimoto has been saying it's the end for a couple of years now."

Calling me names isn't going to make your argument better.
Show me you know something about that. Post evidence.

I think the most reasonable statement is if naruto were truly ending as soon as people think, shonen jump would at least have some fanfare about entering the final chapters/final arc/final saga/final climax, etc. Why would bleach get it and not naruto...and isnt it like its 15th anniversary year, odd to end it in such a year...

wonzo

Banned
Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 1-11
A terrible creature has been plaguing the community: a man with a fishbowl for a head. When he attacks someone, the goldfish leaps out of his bowl and drinks their blood. The victim is irreversibly transformed into a goldfish! This terrible crime has happened to high-schooler Kousuke's little sister. With no other option, he takes care of his goldfish-sister as best he can.

One day, he comes across a strange girl named Ringo, who wears a school swimsuit, carries an umbrella, and keeps a gun hanging around her neck. Ringo is an apprentice blood diver, and the gun is her way of shooting herself into the wounds of the fishbowl man's victims. If she can get to them in time, she can prevent them from turning into goldfish. Ringo's mentor, Ichigo, says that she's heard of a way to turn people back from goldfish into humans. Kousuke is determined to help Ringo find a way to help his sister and the loved ones of his friends at school who have met the same fishy fate!

The really quirky art mixed with the really unnerving scenes with the FIshbowl man really remind me of Caramel Kitsch Flying Column and Ano Ko no Ie, both of which have an incredibly unique and charming art style and the odd bit of a more disturbed undertone. Definitely worth checking this one (and the other two I mentioned) out!

Angry Grimace

"ZOMG, you didn't quote my entire post, that's PROFOUNDLY DISHONEST!"
Really?
It's not that simple, Angry Grimace, and I really shouldn't have to explain that to you.

I supposed I should be shocked posting the entire exchange where your editing other posts was materially relevant and expliclity addressed as to why it was wrong isn't good enough for you.

Look, I'm not the one extending this completely inane conversation and I'm not the one calling other people pricks and idiots. Chill out.

Yonafunu

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko (1-)11

Well, it started off intriguing but I felt like there was way too little progression of any kind over the course of the eleven chapters to keep it interesting. The characters are really flat too. Aside from the art and the initially unnerving atmosphere there really isn't anything here. The Fishbowl Man is hella creepy though.

edit: Damn wonzo, that's way fancier than mine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom