• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: More Majora's Mask teasing from Aonuma.

Lorule is an evolved Termina?
Yuga is Majora in disguise? Any other theories?
What if Ravio is actually in ties with Yuga/Majora and that's why his/her mask is in the shop?

I hope this is more of a remake than OoT 3D. Something like the music being updated or rearranged with better samples would be nice. Majora's Mask had some great music.

If they could pull a Majora's mask remake that is similar to the manual art then I don't care on which HW it's on just try to match the style

Majora's Mask is far from a perfect game.

Exactly what I said about Ocarina of Time. There is room for improvement in any game, and enhancements can be made to even the most sacred of Zelda games without "disrupting the balance/flow of the game" or whatever nonsensical excuse diehard fans may come up with to excuse Nintendo's laziness.

Watch the music in the game be once again exact reproductions of 13 year old crappy N64 MIDIs, because any reorchestration would be a fruitless effort as it wouldn't carry the same "spirit" of the originals. Watch as no new mask or sidequest is added as such things would disrupt the "balance" of this already perfect game.

I don't want a visually-enhanced port, I want something that justifies the term remake. I love this game to death, but I want a reason that really justifies buying it again when I already own it for two different consoles. But I'm not holding my breath.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
YQlcDrQ.jpg

Looks like a pretty explicit reference to the events of LTTP to me. I get your point, but we've seen items like this, and sketchy game-intro artwork of Link fighting blue Pig Ganon, so I think it's probably indeed in the LTTP branch.

Isn't it that Sahasrahla? It's pretty much a direct link, since it's the same character that helped Link out in ALTTP :p

Majora's Mask 2 confirmed.

Honestly my money's more on this than anything. Would love to see anything for the game either way, though.

YQlcDrQ.jpg

Looks like a pretty explicit reference to the events of LTTP to me. I get your point, but we've seen items like this, and sketchy game-intro artwork of Link fighting blue Pig Ganon, so I think it's probably indeed in the LTTP branch.

That watermark is fucking horrendous.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It actually is Sahasrahala. I guess the Hylia race have far longer life spans

Link is Hylian too though, I wonder if he's alive? Honestly, the rabbit guy being Link would be pretty funny.

I mean how else would he have all the items? But why would he be a giant dick and take charge for them?

silenttwn

I just realized the MM remake will probably do away with the 3 day cycle, or nerf it hard. Too confusing for "new" gamers.

I can see them changing the initial three day cycle where you have no control over timeflow to make it quicker. Other than that, nah.

Woffls

They won't remove the cycle. If they do, it will just be replaced with a new game + kinda thing where your bombers notebook retains completed quests, and masks get carried over. I don't necessarily think that would make it a bad game, but it certainly won't be as good as the traditional structure. Nintendo have absolutely no reason to do this, and the fan backlash would be on untold proportions.

Quite keen to find out how this links to Majora's mask, so I might have to play it this year before it's spoiled. Xbone is out on the same day, though, and it takes me forever to get through 2D Zelda games.

Ithil

Exactly what I said about Ocarina of Time. There is room for improvement in any game, and enhancements can be made to even the most sacred of Zelda games without "disrupting the balance/flow of the game" or whatever nonsensical excuse diehard fans may come up with to excuse Nintendo's laziness.

Watch the music in the game be once again exact reproductions of 13 year old crappy N64 MIDIs, because any reorchestration would be a fruitless effort as it wouldn't carry the same "spirit" of the originals. Watch as no new mask or sidequest is added as such things would disrupt the "balance" of this already perfect game.

I don't want a visually-enhanced port, I want something that justifies the term remake. I love this game to death, but I want a reason that really justifies buying it again when I already own it for two different consoles. But I'm not holding my breath.

Majora's Mask would benefit from a more in depth remake than OoT, given its artwork changed dramatically but its in-game graphics were of course ripped from OoT. I'd rather they didn't just rip from OoT 3D this time but did all new models, lik they did for Link and major NPCs.

So frakin' bought!!! <----- if true.

And i still haven't got OOT for 3DS yet (even though i beaten several times on N64) and yes, i'm lazy. :p

Majora's Mask would benefit from a more in depth remake than OoT, given its artwork changed dramatically but its in-game graphics were of course ripped from OoT. I'd rather they didn't just rip from OoT 3D this time but did all new models, lik they did for Link and major NPCs.

Agreed. Some of the NPC models in OoT 3D seemed kind of lazy. Majora's Mask puts many of those characters to greater use so it would only make sense to give them more polys, better textures, etc.

Hermii

Agreed. Some of the NPC models in OoT 3D seemed kind of lazy. Majora's Mask puts many of those characters to greater use so it would only make sense to give them more polys, better textures, etc.
And Oo3d was a launch or close to launch software. I assume they have a much better grip on the hardware now than they did back then.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I haven't played many Zelda games I am very very late to the series, I plan on getting albw and if the mm remake surfaces on the 3ds I will get this too, I am still on an off playing oot, I enjoy what I played so far of it, a great game and makes sense to port mm to 3ds as I hear most assets are done from oot3d, who knows if it is coming or not , it would be nice and I guess it can't cost a lot to port I'll still be getting albw regardless

GAMEPROFF

Banned
A MM 3D Remake would be so great.
Im very late to the series and only beat OoT and currently playing Twilight Princess, so would really love it to this game getting a re-release. OoT was a relly magical experience, one of the best games I ever played.

I am really excited now for ALBW and how it fits into the series. Had a discussion with a friend some days ago about all this and and we couldnt find a good conclusion for all this.

I can see them changing the initial three day cycle where you have no control over timeflow to make it quicker. Other than that, nah.
I wouldn't mind this, as the intro is pretty terrible. It highlighted the worst part of the game - sitting around for a couple minutes waiting for an event to happen.

amnesiac

Don't think Aonuma's implying that there will be a remake -- I don't know where people are getting that. As much as I want MM3D, he's probably just saying there's a story connection.

But it would be kind of awesome if at the end of ALBW, it says, "To be continued in Majora's Mask 3D."

Servbot24

Banned
Indeed. The stupid "time limit" - even if core to the game's functioning - ruins it.

I hope this is the comment you were banned for. :p

The time limit adds to the surreal bleakness of this world. It also makes the side quest stuff probably more memorable than just about any other game, certainly any other Zelda game. Without the time limit this game loses nearly all of its depth.

Obviously it's not a perfect game. I mean... I don't think there's a more obvious statement one could make about any game.

silenttwn

I wouldn't mind this, as the intro is pretty terrible. It highlighted the worst part of the game - sitting around for a couple minutes waiting for an event to happen.

I didn't mind waiting for stuff to happen since the atmosphere was so rich in that game world and watching NPCs doing their daily routine was interesting to me. The first three Ocarina-less days were a slog however.

I hope this is more of a remake than OoT 3D. Something like the music being updated or rearranged with better samples would be nice. Majora's Mask had some great music.

I can see them updating the art style a bit to match the concept art of the game, it would make for an incredible atmosphere.

Kard8p3

http://kotaku.com/the-man-in-charge-of-zelda-says-he-wants-to-keep-changi-1445001915

Kotaku: There was that one question from somebody in the audience about Majora’s Mask and he wanted to know if that’s ever going to be revisited. I just want to confirm what you said as an answer was that they should play A Link Between Worlds…

Aonuma: It’s not something you’ll notice right away when you play it. But it’s something you might be playing along and you’ll be like, “Huh?” It’s that kind of thing.

Kotaku: OK... [laughs]

Aonuma: I don’t really want to say anymore because I think it will ruin it.

Kotaku: Is it a clue or just an homage? Does it lead somewhere? Or is it a nice nod?

Aonuma: I think if I say that it just won’t be interesting.

I'm starting to wonder if he was just making reference to the mask hanging in the shop.

maxcriden

Just finished the game. Didn't see any tease. And you guys?

I'm not too far in at this point but from what I've read the tease might just be MM in Link's house, after all. Given Aonuma's reply in that interview, though, it seems pretty likely MM3D is forthcoming.

Top Bottom