• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: More Majora's Mask teasing from Aonuma.

Elija2

There is that picture of Majora's Mask appearing in a store in ALBW.

The Majora's Mask remake is all but confirmed.

Het_Nkik

I hope after the regular credits scroll, it pauses on the Nintendo copyright info as usual, then slowly starts scrolling again...

And you read as it comes into view...

MAJORA'S MASK 3D

ISN'T FUCKING COMING LEAVE ME ALONE

Davey Cakes

He and Nintendo were probably unsure if Zelda: Majora's Mask could spark the same interest as Ocarina of Time 3D. MM has always been the black sheep hanging out with the red-headed stepchild known as Zelda II. I would not be surprised if Nintendo used A Link Between Worlds to tease/market MM 3D in a similar way to how the Marvel superhero movies teased The Avengers.

Mr-Joker

Banned
There is that picture of Majora's Mask appearing in a store in ALBW.

The Majora's Mask remake is all but confirmed.

This pretty much, we all knew that we would be getting Majora's Mask 3D/remake the moment Ocarina of Time 3D was released.

I hope after the regular credits scroll, it pauses on the Nintendo copyright info as usual, then slowly starts scrolling again...

And you read as it comes into view...

MAJORA'S MASK 3D

ISN'T FUCKING COMING LEAVE ME ALONE

BUT WAIT

HALF-LIFE 3(D) CONFIRMED

dunno why all the 3DS fans want this so badly

I want it on my Wii U in HD!
AU7Amsc.gif

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Do it Aonuma. DU EEEEEETTTT.

Considering all of the hints and teases, this is very close to a confirmation that Majora's Mask 3D exists.

They wouldn't be involving the game so much if they had no intention of doing anything with it. And we don't know what Grezzo has been up to lately...

Kyzon

Twist: Majora's Mask is built into the rom of this game. After you finish it, you grab the mask from the item shop and proceed to completely mess up the timeline.

Remember, this years platinum prize was an majoras mask 2cd sound track. Now this. If its not happening, Nintendo trolled us harder than Kamiya can ever imagine.

Murrah

Banned
Can't wait until lore of Majora and Termina are greatly expanded upon and answers all the questions we've ever had and everyone hates it

Cheebo

Banned
dunno why all the 3DS fans want this so badly

I want it on my Wii U in HD!
AU7Amsc.gif
It makes no sense for it to be on WiiU.

It makes far far more sense on 3DS. Since the vast majority of the assets were already done for OOT 3D. And it's the sister game of OOT. You'd release it on the same platform as the OOT remake. It'd be like remaking FFX on one platform and remaking X-2 on the other.

The mask is in the shop. I bet the end will show the Happy Mask Salesman buying or stealing it from the shop as a little throwaway bonus/stealth MM3D announcement.

Guevara

I just realized the MM remake will probably do away with the 3 day cycle, or nerf it hard. Too confusing for "new" gamers.

flkraven

As much as I liked Majora's Mask, I just want a new Zelda game :(. The past two games have been a rerelease of a Gamecube game and a sequel/update to the SNES games. Don't get me wrong, both games look great, but give me a genuinely new Zelda!

I just realized the MM remake will probably do away with the 3 day cycle, or nerf it hard. Too confusing for "new" gamers.

The 3 day cycle is central to the way the game works. Are you daft? Nevermind the fact that the last two Zelda remakes/ports, WWHD and OoT3D, both added HARDER difficulty modes.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if ALBW was the first game to tie the timelines together.

The mask being in the shop is a pretty obvious cue that they're going to do something with MM.

He and Nintendo were probably unsure if Zelda: Majora's Mask could spark the same interest as Ocarina of Time 3D. MM has always been the black sheep hanging out with the red-headed stepchild known as Zelda II. I would not be surprised if Nintendo used A Link Between Worlds to tease/market MM 3D in a similar way to how the Marvel superhero movies teased The Avengers.

The Zelda series is Aonuma's baby...out of all the games he's done, Majora's Mask is really the only Zelda game that's still graphically dated.

Old NES Zelda games have a retro flare, the SNES-era + GB-era Zelda games are timeless, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time have both been remade, and the DS games don't look that bad when played on such a small screen.

But Majora's Mask is a game that Aonuma not only directed, it's the only one that needs some kind of graphical refresh.

Sometimes developers don't just do things for monetary reasons...sometimes they are allowed to go where their passions lie as long as it has a possibility of being profitable. Even if Majora's Mask 3D won't make a ton of money, Aonuma would very much do it for his own sake to keep the Zelda series up-to-date.

Yonafunu

I'd love for this to have some kind of relevance to Zelda WiiU as well, but I'd rather not go overboard. Sooooo excited.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if ALBW was the first game to tie the timelines together.
Didn't WW's intro already sort of acknowledge that the events of OoT split Hyrule into two (or thee, whatever) timelines? Not to mention both it and TP frequently reference actual characters/locations/events from OoT. Or do you mean something else?

Top Bottom