• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Teacher's Ass 104

Her house will be filled with stalker photos of him won't it? And or the skins of every girl he's ever known.

Seki-kun 42

So good. God knows when we'll see another chapter though.

Omamori Himari 68

Sure, it makes sense for the other slayers to try and put the cat down before she gets out of hand. Can't see it working though, because otherwise we wouldn't get the MC / Himari confrontation that this is almost certainly leading up to.

mjontrix

Aunt Tits 104

Who she reminds me of -

g_17.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 49

Isami and Takumi skills were amazing, probably Takumi slightly better.

Didnt know a centrifuge could be used for cooking.

You should read up on Modernist Cuisine - you can use all sorts of things for cooking, including Liquid Nitrogen!

Akame ga Kill

It's obvious that the ability was actually for it's first purpose xD The second purpose is just a bonus in her eyes!

Kreed

Naruto:

in an interview last year bleach said it was going to end soon. then naruto said it was going to as well, and then jump said that naruto will be extended.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...aruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years

PERIOD.

I know I'm late on this and the argument is long over anyway, but that second link from the animenewsnetwork is just referencing the same image Erigu posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90916022&postcount=8933

There's nothing there to indicate Jump forced Kishimoto to extend the manga longer than he wanted to.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v11 (LN)

The conclusion of the Visitor Arc (or end of the first year) was good with the graduations of the senpais and the introduction of at least two new characters (Pixie ought to stick around, cool abilities), and at least the new live in housekeeper just to keep Miyuki and Tatsuya on the edge even at home now.

Brionac fight with Tatsuya was the most memorable part losing his arm and then getting it back, while Mikihiko lending great strength and ancient techniques all throughout was pleasing. The family stuff growing more involved in all these things even getting Maya Yotsuba and Aoki (best new addition to the Yotsuba side), Kuroba, and more just makes this feel way deeper than any other school magic series. Looking forward to Double Seven arc and all that will happen year two with everything in the shadows going on.

Dounimo Nannai Soushi Souai 1 - 4 [end]
tumblr_mws1y4atVm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Perfect best friends in love comedy story. The opening with their time in elementary school and the name calling to teasing, and then the height scenes moved the plot and developments fast. Additionally the one going back to when they were younger too with the bear and glomp was worth remembering. All in all a really short fast memorable story for the theme with good character designs. Mother story felt like a silly part of it though so odd inclusion but at least it led to the up close and personal closet hiding scene to kickstart things. Ill always remember Genji and Kousaka (though everyone didnt need to always tease him).

ST&RS 37

I guess Ive never seen astronauts after coming back, didnt realize they were so weak to need wheelchairs for the following days and rehabilitation. Regardless, wonder what the remaining two chapters involve.

Shokugeki no Soma 47-49

i'm now hyped as hell for the next chapter.

holy shit at Isami with that Chouji body magic lol

Soma dozing off is panel of the fucking year.

Also Megumi doing her usual thing and that should be good since Isshiki knows to not underestimate her plus that girl is also interested.

Dynedom

Shirogane no Nina is seriously my current "dem feels" manga. A nice counterpoint to reading something like Akame ga Kiru ;_;

Kieli

Koe no Katachi

I ain't getting the feels, man. I know this manga is supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy, but I just ain't feeling dem feels.

Everything the main character does annoys me. His redemption arc is proceeding way too smoothly given the crap that he has pulled (his bullying is lightweight compared to what he did to Shouko).

Shouko forgives way too easily. I don't mind altruistic characters, but she's like some sort of exaggerated saintly figure. Ugh.

/endrant

Kurita

Koe no Katachi

I ain't getting the feels, man. I know this manga is supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy, but I just ain't feeling dem feels.

Everything the main character does annoys me. His redemption arc is proceeding way too smoothly given the crap that he has pulled (his bullying is lightweight compared to what he did to Shouko).

Shouko forgives way too easily. I don't mind altruistic characters, but she's like some sort of exaggerated saintly figure. Ugh.

/endrant

What I get from the impressions is that the one-shot was much better.

Glass Rebel

Kingdom 270-275

you treat me so well, turnip farmer brehs. 6 new chapters aww laaawwd.

Nice to see Shin developing and his "style" taking shape. Qin seems like beyond fucked but there's so many wildcards. Amazing arc.

Kieli

What I get from the impressions is that the one-shot was much better.

I think it's mostly that the manga isn't really heading in the direction that I want or expected it to head (so there's my bias).

It's just that I feel the manga-ka may be taking the subject of bullying a little too lightly. The first 4 chapters were very interesting, but the latest 11 or so chapters have been way too idealistic. I don't feel a manga in this mould should be so... happy, for lack of a better word. The tone absolutely clashes with some of the events that happen.

In the first few pages of chapter 15, he's struggling with the weight of his perception of what others are thinking about him. The manga-ka captures that irrational feeling that you feel everyone is judging you when they honestly could not care less. A few pages later, he's in cloud 9 while meeting Shouko with little sister in tow (who, for all intents and purposes, has essentially given her approval).

I guess I'm not knocking on the quality of the manga. It's probably intended for a different audience or pursuing a different goal than what I want.

Akito

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 5
I'm still having trouble with all the name droppings but it was till a great chapter nonetheless, Narsas is a highly entertaining character, I wish Arakawa would show us one of his paintings haha.

Naruto:

I know I'm late on this and the argument is long over anyway, but that second link from the animenewsnetwork is just referencing the same image Erigu posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90916022&postcount=8933

There's nothing there to indicate Jump forced Kishimoto to extend the manga longer than he wanted to.

Well this weekends news pieces suggests that Naruto is in its final phase
The battle of Naruto and his comrades is in it’s final phase, in the truest sense of the term. About the Ten Tails, about Madara, and then, about Sasuke…I will continue to raise the tension without restraint, in every way I can! Please follow this story of a boy named Naruto a little while longer, I will greatly appreciate it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Koe no Katachi 14-15
Man i really starting to hate that fat guy, this isn't how the manga was supposed to be god dang it.

Jojolion 26
Oh yes this is really starting to feel like a Jojo manga.

Shokugeki no Soma 49
Yoshino & Tadokoro FTW!
Is that called mezzaluna even in english?

Tonari no Seki-kun 42
How the hell did he had the strength to make an ingot?

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 270-275

This manga never fails to really give these utterly epic battles the sense of scale they need.

Surely I'm not the only one looking forward to Shin finally killing that piece of shit Mangoku.

LeleSocho

Banned
^You have the right idea, 666 Satan was awesome.

I dunno if Kishi would have a hit on his hand if he tried again. He might be happy retiring anyways with the billions of yen he made from Naruto.

666 Satan
Awesome

Pick one. I couldn't even read the first volume entirely regretting buying it...and it costed only 1€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom