• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

You don't even know the half of it. One of the funniest arcs in any manga ever. BRB, am going to read it again.
I really expected Mitsuhashi's revenge to happen off-screen but lmfao, that was really something else.

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v15
Mitsuhashi is the incarnation of evil confirmed once again, I thought he would simply beat the shit out of Imai but that would have been a blessing compared to what ultimately happened to him. But I have to say that the guy endured it well, or maybe he's just too stupid to be broken.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really expected Mitsuhashi's revenge to happen off-screen but lmfao, that was really something else.

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v15
Mitsuhashi is the incarnation of evil confirmed once again, I thought he would simply beat the shit out of Imai but that would have been a blessing compared to what ultimately happened to him. But I have to say that the guy endured it well, or maybe he's just too stupid to be broken.

Mitsuhashi vs imai might be the funniest arc I have ever read. He gets pretty creative when he wants to really screw with someone.

[Fugo]

Toriko

that was... unexpected to say the least.
What I'm really liking about this manga is that it doesn't take itself too seriously and yet it has a much better story and world building that many others

Still didn't get exactly what happened in the Coco vs Grinpatch fight.

Princess Lucia 29
Aside from the insane overpoweredness of the characters, it seems pretty cool.
Too bad its going to be until April til we get a new chapter

Nordicus

Hatarakanai Futari 12

tCQjGxj.jpg

She's so pitiful, yet excessively ADORABLE

73ptpoW.jpg

Shouta

So thinking more about the end of Kono S wo Mi Yo it's more of a well written ending than the first time I read it. It matches the theme and it's almost perfectly appropriate for the characters themselves. At the same time, it's not really an ending I or any of the others really wanted. Kitazaki did a really good job of presenting the characters in a way that I think he wanted it to pull this off. Looking at his other big series, it's really amazing how good of a writer he is. I'd definitely say he's one of the best romance and comedy writers in Japan. I can't think of any other writer that can really even come close.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am calling it: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece can all go to hell, manga just can't possibly get more epic than this.

Holy fucking shit, the epicness level of Kingdom is stratospherically OFF THE CHART. This manga is the Lord of the Ring Epicness of Manga Epic. Hooooleeeey shit. And the best part is, it-just-keep-on-fucking-giving.

Hot damn.

I am calling it: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece can all go to hell, manga just can't possibly get more epic than this.

Holy fucking shit, the epicness level of Kingdom is stratospherically OFF THE CHART. This manga is the Lord of the Ring Epicness of Manga Epic. Hooooleeeey shit. And the best part is, it-just-keep-on-fucking-giving.

Hot damn.

I feel sorry for the assistants who do backgrounds.

:(

Poor bastards

jokkir

I just caught up on Onepunch-Man.

So hilarious. Definitely a nice break from Naruto and can't wait for the next chapter. Too bad the release seems so staggered.

Hot damn.

Reminds me of Berserk, guess I should read this

Yugioh Zexal 36

Fast and unfair duel for Haruto/Yaguma and Kaito, he was so close even. But at least it led to a fast track to getting Kaito v Yuma. Would rather it be a full duel instead of just a short two chapter affair that sees an early ending due to some cheap trick.

Arslan Senki 5
BaL6vV5CIAAno43.png

Month long wait just to get Narsas to join was a bit painful, but the comedy provided made up for it. Arslan crew is being built up nicely, I hope the magazine allows double chapters sometimes...

Akito

Sousei no Onmyouji! 1
Here comes the new series from the author of Binbougami Ga (which I still need to read). The first chapter was massive with 70 pages but it was quite stereotyped still, a young exorcist with a forbidden power is hardly something new, especially in a magazine with titles such as Ao no Exorcist or D.Gray-man. The art is pretty chaotic at times but overall pretty good, unfortunately everything else is unremarkable. So far I'm not impressed.

Attack on Titan - Before the Fall 2

I thought outside the walls is supposed to be really lush lands flowing with milk and honey, and like the most majestic waterscapes, not something that looks like the typical and common photographers image of the New Mexico Plataeu.

K Days of Blue 2
tumblr_mwztk29dou1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well had scene teenager Munakata before (well in doujins), but to see here that he actually truly did have a family and they are normal was in a weird way funny. I guess I had the same image that Fushimi had.

Baby plot was funny and brought lots of laughs with the typical deep Munakata insight. Fushimi taking care of the baby was the best part.

Dragons Rioting 13

They need to bring this series over ASAP!

Kyouka is the girl of the forever! Rintaro is hilarious with his reactions. Maybe the disease already passed but Rintaro never found out lol. Anyways 14 should be a ton of fun. Can't wait for it!

Toriko
I love world building chapters
:)
Also Living SPACEEEE Asteriods!
2D sprites to fight against, yeah Ψ(`∇´)Ψ

Speaking of Toriko, should I read/watch it?

Yeah read it but be patient it doesn't really pick up til the century soup arc
The centrury soup arc was pretty good in the anime

Of course the anime goes downhill in quality after that... Just imagine how good the anime would be if it was animated like HXH 2011
*drool

Jintor

I like Teppu, but I think it really proves to me I just find it too difficult to read long-form manga serialised. By the time the next volume comes out I've basically forgotten what exactly it is was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom