• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 88
prisonschool88.png

This is just begging to be cropped & edited for the rule section in the…

…OP!

OPM 30v2

Looks like Murata redrew some stuff and added a whole heap more! The best part of all is the next chapters still set for next week. GET HYPE!!!

Toriko
I love world building chapters
:)
Also Living SPACEEEE Asteriods!

The centrury soup arc was pretty good in the anime

Of course the anime goes downhill in quality after that... Just imagine how good the anime would be if it was animated like HXH 2011
*drool

All shonen anime should be HxH 2011 quality

Oshiete Katekyo 2

Well that was an educational and rather exciting experience for Minami, but then the halfway mark :(. Was impressed he did that stuff behind the scenes but then saddened that Uta would do all of that, hopefully they can grow to love as the chapters go on.

dumbyugi

Sousei no Onmyouji 1

This had pretty much every generic shonen action trope. A boy with a tragic past has a cursed power that will help him become the best exorcist but he doesn't want to be an exorcist. A girl falls from the sky and drags him back into the world of exorcists. The girl also ends up living with the boy. I don't think Jump SQ needed another exorcist manga but all 3 of them seem different enough from each other that I guess it doesn't really matter all that much. Even if you liked Binbougami ga I wouldn't suggest reading this unless you can handle a very generic action series start.

Ore No Ushiro Ni Tatsuna!! 3
tumblr_mwzzwq7DLY1qbxqfpo1_400.png

The translated name of the title is fitting for the action here as it was great, always get thrown off when its Anri taking the lead always. I wonder how his personality became that way based on his past with the gardener as a kid. The nightmare detailing it was rather frightening.

Sendou is funny though, why so close.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko
Thank god i can somehow understand portoguese...
I don't know how they'll be able to make fighting in the space not ridiculous but i'm already hyped.
We are reaching DBZ levels here.

Angel Clock 4
tumblr_mx01z4I7591qbxqfpo1_500.png

Guess he is throwing away some of the rules just to spend some time with Gin. One of the things that these series share is at least they speed through developing characters and not keeping them in the same obsessed jealous states for months on end. Now that he wants to cherish the short time he has with him it is bound to be fun. Still shocked a bit over his heart disease though. It makes it feel as if even if he does save Gin he will still be fated to die. And I wonder if this will also tie in to how his life shortens everytime he uses it. Perhaps that is why he is diseased anyway.

Koi ni Kare 4
tumblr_mx05lxCtGA1qbxqfpo2_500.png

The ultimate tease, if only they would truly play yaoi. Nakahima route is the best route but he has to be straight in this and thus the non canonical route. But all the scenes just made it way better than any moments with Shindo-sensei. Maybe the omakes can explore a potential vision of it.

Tower of God (v1) chp 6 - 10
BaNRp7LCQAA8CUV.png

Finally tackling this again, surprised I stopped here as like right after chp five the greatest character so far was introduced. Team Koon ftw, Koon is just plain epic and stunning and finally brought the series to life so far. He is hilarious and quite skilled. Baam was a bit lacking but he truly makes up for everything that really held him back. Fortunately, they seem like they will be together here in the long run so I think I will try to get through five or so chps a day as this goes on until I get caught up.

Tower stuff and irregular thing was confusing, it didnt really address the what makes them more special than just the other chosen ones who were in the outer and inner levels and chosen by Hedon(sp).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hatarakanai Futari 12

still better than dsp

*opens manga volume* What? I'm reading it backwards?! How was I supposed to know that I read it right to left? The book didn't tell me! Stupid bugged book. Huhuhuhuhuhuh.

Big Order 13

The eyepatch character seems like an amalgamation of the couple from Mirai Nikki though the final page reveal for who he was truly after, cant imagine anyone imagined that. Good chapter.

Soul Cartel 99

An alternative choice in storytelling by utilizing puzzle games against God is a great change of pace for this the 99th chapter. Faust being at the center of it and our new archdevil Mastema is quite different than the straight up angel v archedevil or archedevil v archedevil thing. Could Faust finally falter?

Articalys

Oh boy -- To Love-Ru Darkness is getting a PS Vita game named To Love-Ru Darkness Battle Ecstasy, and it's categorizing itself in the completely made-up genre of an "ultra-pleasant harem action" game.

edit: release date is in May 2014. Also, if you pre-order the game, apparently you get some kind of maid costume DLC.

dumbyugi

Tatakae! Ryouzanpaku Shijou Saikyou no Deshi 1-4

Decided to read this after hearing some good things about it. It's the orginal monthly version of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. From what I've read it pretty much has the same story as HSDK but some of the characters are a little different and some of the names are different. There are a few very obvious differences. Shigure isn't in the series, she's only mentioned once in chapter 1 as being one of 2 Ryouzanpaku masters who are off doing other things. Kenichi's personality is a little different, he's still a coward but less so than in HSDK and instead of training to defend himself against his bullies he trains to get revenge on them. Kenchi and Miu don't go to the same school in this one, instead Kenichi oggled her everyday when she rode her bike past his school. It's only 29 chapters so I'll finish it, but from the little I've read I can see why the author decided to remake it.

Beelzebub 230

I like Beel's Mum but otherwise this was underwhelming. This feels like endgame stuff to me and I wouldn't be suprised if this ends early next year.

Kuzu no Honkai 6

The whole of chapter 4 was about how they were going to have sex while imagining that they were eachothers crushes, but it turns out that they were never going to have sex to begin with. Why? Because they said they wouldn't when they started their fake relationship. What the hell was the point of chapter 4 then? It also turns out that Hanabi's best friend is a lesbian and wants to get with her.

Oh boy -- To Love-Ru Darkness is getting a PS Vita game named To Love-Ru Darkness Battle Ecstasy, and it's categorizing itself in the completely made-up genre of an "ultra-pleasant harem action" game.

Sound like another reason for me to hurry up and get a Vita.

Cerity

Ichi
Man, what the hell happened. It's a shame this series got cut short, it could have gone on for a few good hundred chapters. It's brutality and frankness is refreshing to see nowadays at least.

wonzo

Banned
New Waves 139

I can't believe they just went on a two week break after dropping that bombshell but still, holy shit.

Toriko

Whaaaaaaat?

Fairy Tail

Chapter should have ended one page earlier, at least make us think for a week Happy is dead and not for 5 seconds

PLUTO v4 (-32)

Dr. Hoffman, Gesicth, Tenma, and even Adolf all make interesting points and comments all throughout. The AI discussion and needing human feelings to help nurture it into the perfect mind was the most compelling idea presented, though I wonder why it would need to feel that much hatred. Surely not every human expresses such intense feelings at times to want to kill and etc, so that cant really be a guarantee to get a perfect brain.

Atom was the most intense moment for me especially with Bobby and the son there the whole time initially, combined with the initial dog repair moments. Looking forward to tackling v5. I just hope Atom truly isnt dead.

scy

Iris Zero 31 - AN UPDATE HAPPENED IT REALLY IS BACK.

Wait, are we going to a dark turn with murdering people for their eyes?

I don't think their eye h4x are strong enough for this.

Edit:

Last Game 22 - Yup. Adorable.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 2-4

The world is building up and things are interesting.
Poor Maes.... and his family.

So..an interesting theory from Bleach I found.
The Emperor of whe Wandenreich has shown not to let any occasion to execute a subordinate slip. He did it (or had Haschwalth do it) in every single fucking instance he could even remotely justify it, even though the justification would always be feeble at best. Therefore I've begun to think that he does it more than just on a whim.

My hypothesis is that His Yhwachness feels fully entitled to the powers he bestowed upon the Quincies, and thus is very quick to want to reclaim it if said Quincies fail to live up to his expectations. Because yeah, apparently being the source of all Quincies' powers, he reclaims them upon the death of said Quincies. He did it with the mixed bloods, why can't he do it with the purebloods?

A stands for "The Absorb" (name fully adjusted for Kubo's grammar). Yhwach can freely manipulate the bulk of the Quincy powers which he considers his sole possession. Him redistributing the Quincy power bulk among others is considered by him to be just an act of goodwill that can be undone at any moment. He only needs his subordinates to do his job for him, but in the long term it is actually in his best interests that they all die so he can have his powers back.

While he might have had genuine attachment to some of his subordinates (as shown by Royd when Yamamoto brought back those Quincies' ashes), the times were probably different and his approach was also different. Right now he's about the most heartless, egotistical prick ever, plus his motivations for this entire war are unsatisfactory. Just revenge on the Shinigami? Yeah, right.

If True...

Dat Kubo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom