• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy Tail 362

Natsu's Im fired up never gets old, I like it stays consistent throughout. But along those lines I love how he continues to use Laxus's lightning ability. It makes Natsu show clear evolution and character development.

Wiseblade

Last year we had Molester Man to unite us all, this time there are still some untranslated Swagamoto chapters left but the scanlation group is too unreliable I fear.
Molester Man was last year?!

Too many of us read Swagamoto already. Kingdom would be similar to when I started reading Berserk and a bunch of people copied me. Nobody got to the same place at the same time and discussing things was a little awkward. It has to be something we can read more uniformly.

Too many of us read Swagamoto already. Kingdom would be similar to when I started reading Berserk and a bunch of people copied me. Nobody got to the same place at the same time and discussing things was a little awkward. It has to be something we can read more uniformly.

It was only awkward when you heathens dissed lord Griffith

Kishimoto did Haikyuu!! art, nice.
tumblr_mwwg8s01ir1r0hygro1_500.png

Sekainohate de Aimashou 01-35

FL3zLrgl.jpg

A girly guy saves an alien prince and gets changed into a girl to become his wife.

There's also some threat of marry me or I'll kill Earth and whatever but that basically gets lost mid-way into becoming some romantic comedy. Which isn't bad but the boy-girl basically doesn't have much of a coherent character which really hampers this series' enjoyment.

The supporting cast isn't bad and there's been some nice character development for the prince as well, just the boy girl sucks.

Akito

Let's all read Kingdom together! :D
Sounds like a plan but we should agree on a reading schedule .

It's still one of the few series where each new chapter is met with overwhelmingly positive reaction. The limited chapter count is rather a problem.

Sounds like a plan but we should agree on a reading schedule .

The group working on Kingdom is working really fast. They usually do about 7 chapters a week in batches of 2-5. This schedule will probably keep up until January or February when they catch up with the Japanese chapters which should be around chapter 350 or something.

upandaway

I was planning on doing manga catchups for the break. I stopped reading new releases of anything besides OP and Soma really around.. March? I must have a gajillion new chapters to read oh man oh man

Zwf7g7d.png

oh... man...

Oh nice, glad to see the ST&RS writer is back in action.

The first 2014 issue of Shueisha's Young Jump magazine is announcing on Thursday that manga artist Takeshi Obata will launch an adaptation of All You Need Is Kill novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Ryōsuke Takeuchi (ST&RS) is drafting the story adaptation, and Obata is basing the character designs on the original novel illustration work by Yoshitoshi ABe .The series will debut in the magazine's combined 6th/7th 2014 issue, which will ship on January 9.

Hyouka 4
It took this long to finally finish out the volume, kind of forgot how the episodes played it out (or either I just dont remember the solution being the book was used as a painting motif). Still fun and such and bedhead Oreki even was funny still in manga form as it was in anime form.

Vivid imagination.

Tizoc

Decided to re-read Priest since apparently it has already ended.
Loving the artwork. If you like Berserk def. give it a read, its like Berserk but in a western setting. Sort of.

Y4cXCxw.jpg

Gintama 463

lol Gintoki.

You can't learn Bankai and now you can't help a shinigami with their suicide?

For shame.

New arc is off to a good start.

Assassination Classroom 67

I wonder if the big boss is supposed to be actually scary or come across comically scary? Kind of mixed on the middle schoolers drinking the virus obsession and the way the panel is drawn for it. Oh well, if they do confront him I guess we'll know if its supposed to be serious or not.

Soul Catcher(s) 5

Ohtani seems like he has a love for trumpet but the typical plotline for prodigies is even present here so it kind of makes things feel a bit less special, doctor even...

wonzo

Banned
Nozoki Ana 116

…………………………………………………………………………………………

this must be what reading KNIM is like

dumbyugi

Bonnouji END

Not the wedding I was hoping for. This was a nice fluffy romance series that I enjoyed quite a bit. I liked the lead couple and the side characters weren't that bad either. This was a nice light read, I might look into the authors other works if they have any. 8/10

I am actually serious about Toriko being in the next OP

It truly deserves it! I am not joking!

I shall stay defiant!!!
shakefist.gif
Hmph!

>:mad:(

EDIT: of course volume 27s cover is lol... but I have hope for the next cover to be glorious!!! (likely showing the old man - may he R.I.P)

We should just take all/some/all on a few pages/etc the things people read in the current OT, randomly pick 10 or 20 of them and have that be our banner.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sekainohate de Aimashou 01-35

FL3zLrgl.jpg

A girly guy saves an alien prince and gets changed into a girl to become his wife.

There's also some threat of marry me or I'll kill Earth and whatever but that basically gets lost mid-way into becoming some romantic comedy. Which isn't bad but the boy-girl basically doesn't have much of a coherent character which really hampers this series' enjoyment.

The supporting cast isn't bad and there's been some nice character development for the prince as well, just the boy girl sucks.

I remember absolutely hating it when I read it just because of that issue.

Shame really. Premise had some potential.

Tripon

Nisekoi 101

Finally, a good chapter! Just make the series about Onodera's mom and ride the goodwill to the top of the charts Nisekoi!

cPRNv6p.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I started reading Prison School.

I'm not sure what I'm reading. The other 4 dudes are hella disgusting.

You're reading one of the manliest stories of our time. A story about how boys turn into men by working together, perfectly capturing the essence of youth and friendship.

Ace of Diamond 22 - 24

Still just following it along with the anime, the Satoru Furuya pitching panel was the most memorable and intense part but then the pain of seeing what happened next was so sad. I hope the two weeks goes by fast (and ultimate the six weeks to the summer tournament). Otherwise Chris and Eijun finally bonding somewhat and slowly reaching common ground is really solving the minor issue with Eijun initially, that is his powerful pitch but somewhat lacking direction on how to evolve it.

Aizo

Banned
You're reading one of the manliest stories of our time. A story about how boys turn into men by working together, perfectly capturing the essence of youth and friendship.

Lucille.gif

I read the first volume on the airplane after I finished Ore to Akuma no Blues. I don't think I'll ever pick it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom