• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer v2 (-16)

People need to tag series with character deaths or something, after getting excited by Hangetsu and all that he brought to the table with the Ally of Justice stuff to see him removed rather quickly (it all happened in litrally just two panels, could have been much longer than that), was abit too much and rather unexpected. I was thinking he could at least get up and come up or something, not just be left, mountain crushed and then replaced by the phenomenal crow knight. Well the time for mourning was short as I was quickly laughing with the younger brothers introduction, second best character so far and hilarious smile and antics. This is really fun now.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 04

v8BRVKF.png

Trolling the girl was pretty amusing.

Watching the other girl fidget herself was also pretty amusing.

This is more amusing than I thought it would be.

So..an interesting theory from Bleach I found.

If True...

Dat Kubo.

Damn I thought along those lines but more that Bach killed his underlings to replace with other members. Would make a crazy revelation when they fight Bach. Also Uryu is now A as well. Makes me wonder if Bach plans to make him a vessel for a new body or something.

Fairy Tail
Happy why you no die? Might have cause Natsu to grow up a bit. Mashima still not hitting Rave Master levels of death yet but he is slowly starting to kill off characters. I have a feeling Jellal might be next lol.

BTW guys who read The Breaker: New Waves. Does the MC ever get his powers back?

I rage quit when the Sensei killed his potential completely and he went back to normal.

GManDH

FT

while i like the fact that the demon guy killed himself, i hate all this merging of dragons stuff. STICK TO ONE TYPE. LIGHTNING FIRE WIND ROAR IS STUPID. sorry for caps, this series takes me up and then throws me back down. but lets face it, we all like it.

ElFly

Damn I thought along those lines but more that Bach killed his underlings to replace with other members. Would make a crazy revelation when they fight Bach. Also Uryu is now A as well. Makes me wonder if Bach plans to make him a vessel for a new body or something.

Fairy Tail
Happy why you no die? Might have cause Natsu to grow up a bit. Mashima still not hitting Rave Master levels of death yet but he is slowly starting to kill off characters. I have a feeling Jellal might be next lol.

BTW guys who read The Breaker: New Waves. Does the MC ever get his powers back?

I rage quit when the Sensei killed his potential completely and he went back to normal.

The Breaker: new waves

yes.

Tower of God v1 10 - 15

Well the door game was funny but I wish these things would stop being based on luck instead of skill. Feels odd to have powerful characters but then to have them all just sitting their not using any skills to succeed and advance in this tower. Then again at least for Ship Leesoo we got to see how good a normal regular can actually be and hes kind of fun to hang around, I hope his team continues to advance on.

Dynedom

Karate Minoru - 239

I love it. They didn't drag out the Mutou/Takasago fight at all. Bam.

The Breaker: New Waves - 139

Wait, this is going on break again? NOOOOO! Right when they fucking teased the Kang Sung/Goomon fight. GAH. ;_;

Yongbi - 77

Dat Black Lancers cliffhanger :(

Feng Shen Ji - 79

Sir Li truly grows a pair?

The God of High School - 135

Dat Ox King !!

Sousei no Onmyouji 1

Wow this is an incredible start. JUMP SQ is really killing it in terms of the upper echelon tier quality series they are bringing to the table. Sousei no Onmyouji is definitely off to a pretty phenomenal start here. I don't think there was even anything to dislike going on. Rokuro is just as good as Rin Okumura so far for being an exorcist and maybe even bests him in terms of ability at this point in time with his cool arm move that was so powerful and larger than life. The brothers too are good characters and ones I want to see at some point in time, perhaps we'll get baddies that require them all to fight in the Magano.

Hilarious, fun, fast paced, and the heartfelt feelings so far make this a blast. Will keep following.

Beelzebub 230

That 330 typo in the chapter...the punching through the barrier to get the note and Oga at the end of it with his hand and Beel on his shoulder as the chapter ended was one of the best moments in the mangas duration.

ST&RS 38-39 [end]

Was one of the best manga in JUMP that had an untimely end. Exploring the unknown frontiers of space made it unique and fresh in terms of the magazines typical offerings and etc so it is rather unfortunate and even detrimental the the wide array of series offered that one such series had to come to an end. It was a fun and wild ride with Maho and Wataru and the fun stuff with stars kept it intense. 4/5.

St&rs 39

2nSqzqXl.jpg

Well, there's the end of this series. The ending wasn't bad. It was unfortunate how quickly they ran through the actually going into space stuff, but they managed to finish up whatever character moments along the way and set it up so that the story continues or whatever.

I do rather like the cover art for the last volume at least.

Come Come Vanilla 1-18 (END)
^ Subservient idiot girls with watermelon tits if the comments are anything to go by.

MC makes a Childhood Promise™ with a witch, who invades his life x years later armed with obvious motives and a busty animal familiar. Cue predictable (if still moderately enjoyable) romcom hijinks, with a side order of drama-lite. Nothing particularly memorable overall, but at least it didn't have a Vanilla end.

k9f8Mkq.jpg

Gintama 462

Why would anyone bother going East?

I mean yeah, choosing West means you would have to slog through Naruto. But that only makes it that much more rewarding, when you get to and find One Piece.

Mistranslation, ahoy!

St&rs 39

2nSqzqXl.jpg

Well, there's the end of this series. The ending wasn't bad. It was unfortunate how quickly they ran through the actually going into space stuff, but they managed to finish up whatever character moments along the way and set it up so that the story continues or whatever.

I do rather like the cover art for the last volume at least.
Another Jump series that ended WAY too soon. It had massive potential and a great concept.

BearChair

I enjoy reading manga but do not follow new releases incredibly closely. I'm generally a fan of what I'll call "classic" or "literary" manga because I don't really know what it's called.

I'm talking about things like Yoshiro Tatsumi's books that have been released by Drawn and Quaterly.

I just saw that Drawn and Qauterly just released Shigeru Mizuki's Showa 1926-1939: a History of Japan.

Have there been any other good releases like this recently? Are there any blogs that focus on this style of manga?

I enjoy reading manga but do not follow new releases incredibly closely. I'm generally a fan of what I'll call "classic" or "literary" manga because I don't really know what it's called.

I'm talking about things like Yoshiro Tatsumi's books that have been released by Drawn and Quaterly.

I just saw that Drawn and Qauterly just released Shigeru Mizuki's Showa 1926-1939: a History of Japan.

Have there been any other good releases like this recently? Are there any blogs that focus on this style of manga?

Try Osamu Tezuka's stuff. Apollo's Song, Ode To Kirihito and Adolf would be youir kind of thing.

Solune

Come Come Vanilla 1-18 (END)

^ Subservient idiot girls with watermelon tits if the comments are anything to go by.

MC makes a Childhood Promise™ with a witch, who invades his life x years later armed with obvious motives and a busty animal familiar. Cue predictable (if still moderately enjoyable) romcom hijinks, with a side order of drama-lite. Nothing particularly memorable overall, but at least it didn't have a Vanilla end.

Does it promise whats hinted at in the title?

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves 139

Things (go on) break!
Shioon has grown so much as a character, and it feels consistent too. To think that I found him so insufferable in the first series.

Hey ManGAF there is something to celebrate! After next week, no Wednesday ManGAF for a while. 3 weeks in fact. Sure it sucks we don't get chapters but we can have a nice holiday chatting about other mangas.

I can also use this time to catch up on World Trigger, Food Smut, OMP, Breaker: New Waves and some other series I've put on the backburner.

Akito

Hey ManGAF there is something to celebrate! After next week, no Wednesday ManGAF for a while. 3 weeks in fact. Sure it sucks we don't get chapters but we can have a nice holiday chatting about other mangas.

I can also use this time to catch up on World Trigger, Food Smut, OMP, Breaker: New Waves and some other series I've put on the backburner.
Last year we had Molester Man to unite us all, this time there are still some untranslated Swagamoto chapters left but the scanlation group is too unreliable I fear.

bjork

Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! reread started.

You bastards!

also, 3w with none of the big three? I wonder if it will be less or more arguing.

Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane 1

zGWBdCk.png

The frightening evolution of the tiny top hat.

Comedy 4-koma series about a spectacled school girl and a witch who moves in next door. Not enough pages to form any real judgment on it, but the art's rather adorable and the character profile page hints at some potentially interesting developments to come.

Does it promise whats hinted at in the title?
Vanilla comes over to you when she's called. That's what you meant, right? Right?

The Gamer 13
tumblr_mx32u2NfNy1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Incredible upper body for sun-li. Gramps was hilarious throughout with the bickering and even the wicked games moment but then when he was called out on having a doorbell installed, lol.

Anyway what doesnt make sense is how everyone is ignoring the girl and even the strange guy for their teacher. Its like going against the grain of how other works in the paper media make students seem in regards to changes in the classroom in both new students and substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom