• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know what Monday is going to be.

New character.

Everyone's favorite Capcom mascot.

Fighting for everlasting peace.

Using a multitude of weapons, some captured from enemies.

Leon S. Kennedy

TreIII said:
Like last page, I'm going to dream big, and think that we might get a character. Veteran or newbie, we need some one to balance out the roster to a nice, even number like 24, as well as something else to really pump us up for the "home stretch".

And besides, if we do get more commercials that stick with "4 by 4" montage that we've been getting as of now, we'll need one more character so that we can have an even 6 commercials, starring 4 characters each.

Cmon, we don't count Sheik as a separate place on the roster, why ZSS?

We've got 20 unlocked characters, I think they've revealed enough. The only characters I could see revealed are Animal Crosser and Captain Falcon.

Fireblend

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
He's talking about a stage created specifically for Smash Bros. And I tend to agree. :D
Other than bringing back Final Destination, I'm not sure what else we could see from a new Smash Bros.-themed stage. Probably something similar, with floating platforms added or something? A shape-shifting level, like Metroid's?

Also, anyone else hoping for some old levels from SSB64 that didn't make it to Melee? I liked that Mario stage, what was it called?

ss_ssb.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jiggy37 said:
He's talking about a stage created specifically for Smash Bros. And I tend to agree. :D

Would really love to see a SMG stage, as mentioned around 200 pages back, one with small spheres, perhaps even alternating levels of gravity, i wouldnt put it past sakurai and co.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
On the eve of the next page, I'll make my first prediction.

New Challenger: Mii! ... err ... You!

Look, I know this probably isn't going to happen.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Cmon, we don't count Sheik as a separate place on the roster
I do. >_>

Fireblend said:
Other than bringing back Final Destination, I'm not sure what else we could see from a new Smash Bros.-themed stage.
Hopefully something incorporating some of the elements that never made it outside of board the platforms and break the targets. There was some awesome stuff in those parts of the previous two games: crazy electrical currents, heated metal surfaces, bumpers that flew in patterns, those wandering crosshairs from Mewtwo's break the targets...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fireblend said:
Also, anyone else hoping for some old levels from SSB64 that didn't make it to Melee? I liked that Mario stage, what was it called?

ss_ssb.jpg
The best stage.

TreIII

A Link to the Snitch said:
Cmon, we don't count Sheik as a separate place on the roster, why ZSS?

For right now, I'm just going with the Dojo. The Dojo differentiates Samus from Zamus as two separate entities, so I prefer to think of them, as such. If/when Sheik is handled in a similar fashion, I think it would be fair to consider the Sheikah-wanna-be as such, too.

But any way, like I said, to me, it would just make sense to unveil one more character for the home stretch. After that, Sakurai could basically go on with BS updates from now until the 24th, and everybody would be willing to look the other way, because we actually got a new character for the first time in MONTHS.

And in the end, that's what I think would matter most. After all, if Sakurai keeps on unveiling other things about the game, it'll eventually end up in the same boat as if he went overboard with characters; we'll stand to know too much before we actually get the game, just in another theater of thought, instead.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, it's 12:50 AM here and I'm really sleepy, but I really, really want to be here when the 50,000th post is made. :lol

Prediction for tomorrow: Sonic-themed Stage.

Sciz

Man God said:
I know what Monday is going to be.

New character.

Everyone's favorite Capcom mascot.

Fighting for everlasting peace.

Using a multitude of weapons, some captured from enemies.

Leon S. Kennedy

You tread on dangerous ground.

Arthur

Meloche

Firestorm said:
I looked at my pre-order receipt again today. I pre-ordered on March 8th, 2006 =(
They let you pre-order before it had even been officially unveiled? What's the name of the game on your receipt then -- Super Smash Bros Revolution? In any event, that's pretty cool. I haven't bothered to pre-order, though I'm considering rounding up 3 games for EB's trade 3 for free deal. I'm just not sure which ones I want to part with. Either that or I'll just buy it from whichever of my local retailers opens first on the 10th. :p

In terms of tomorrow's update, for whatever reason I'm not expecting anything big. Maybe another double AT update for Metroid and Rosalina, or maybe a Game Mode update of something from Melee like All-Star Mode or Versus Mode types or Multi-Man [Brawl]. A new character would be awesome, but outside of Sheik I kind of have a feeling that everyone we've yet to see will be unlockable. And it's still a little early yet for Sakurai to start going down that road, I think.

Zeed

Banned
img.59197_t.jpg

HEY VEGETA, WHAT'S THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE PAGE LEVEL?

OVER1000.png

WHAT 1000?

1000.jpg

Cheers guys, this post marks the first time in GAF history that page numbers have hit FOUR DIGITS!!!

celebration6_2.jpg

I just realized that Page 1000 isn't quite the same thing as Post #50,000.

I'll leave that honor to someone else! :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love how we made it to page 1000 on the week without updates. I guess it just goes to show how strong the Smash community is. It's likely we'll also hit 50k posts before they resume, too.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn... this is one page for the history of GAF :lol seeing that link to the 1000th page is astonishing. Who would have thought this thread would get this big? Reading through all of it must take weeks by now.

I can't stand 100 posts per page, btw. The monthly desktop thread at the OT would make it waay to boring to scroll all the way down.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
It's 500 pages, you dumbasses.

You look so stupid crying about "1,000" in the middle of the 500th page, as if a new page has started or something.

Penguin

Fireblend said:
Damn... this is one page for the history of GAF :lol seeing that link to the 1000th page is astonishing. Who would have thought this thread would get this big? Reading through all of it must take weeks by now.

I can't stand 100 posts per page, btw. The monthly desktop thread at the OT would make it waay to boring to scroll all the way down.

Well, I mean it has been a slow burn.

Still more than a month of stuff to go.

Will Jan bring about megaton after megaton to get the real hype going?

And will Nintendo ever do anything like this again? (No, but we can hope)

Jiggy

Crushed said:
It's 500 pages, you dumbasses.

You look so stupid crying about "1,000" in the middle of the 500th page, as if a new page has started or something.
FIRST THREAD TO HIT 500 PAGES YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH :D :D :D

dancingsomething.gif
dancingsomethingthesequel.gif
dancingsomethingthespinoffTVseries.gif

!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom