• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Baby Steps 197
zFT3pw4.png
My bad... Jump Shot.

No one is reading this anymore? i'm the only one who commented the last 2-3 chapters...

IHaveIce

Banned
B-Dubs this is for you

Oh. Wow. You might get your epic troll you wanted after all

I WOULD FLIP ALL MY SHIT.

I need this to happen.

Man my original wish was that once they defeated the quincies and everybody lives in harmony, suddenly Aizen shows up, just standing there, pulling out his Sword and says "Bankai"

This would be the last panel.
Get it, his bankai is to end the world/manga/story.

I remember seeing that the American triple volumes are actually quite nice. Get those.

I already have the latter half of the series and I rather like the covers so if I was going to get the initial volumes, I would probably want to get the single volumes. Cause you know, it'll kill me if they don't match on my shelf.

And I could place them next to my box set of the anime. All eight volumes of DVDs for the anime.

Aizo

Banned
I already have the latter half of the series and I rather like the covers so if I was going to get the initial volumes, I would probably want to get the single volumes. Cause you know, it'll kill me if they don't match on my shelf.

And I could place them next to my box set of the anime. All eight volumes of DVDs for the anime.
I understand this sentiment perfectly.

Ore no Kanojo ga Stalker na Ken
Just from that title, I could tell this was going to be interesting. This didn't help
ecd4ca690813f35cd47f2a7c8ce8a8d5.jpg

Overall, it was sort of cute story about a girl who fantasizes about and stalks a guy who becomes her boyfriend who is misunderstood as a bad boy.

Maron

It sells well. Hasn't really lost any sales but hasn't been gaining a lot of new sales recently either. The upcoming anime should increase sales though.

I see, I seem to recall a point somewhat recently where the rankings were apparently dropping a bit and it actually seemed to lead to the story getting picked up a bit after constant filler chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps 197

My bad... Jump Shot.

No one is reading this anymore? i'm the only one who commented the last 2-3 chapters...

I read it. I just don't find Bert to be a very engaging foe for whatever reason. I love the series, I just find a lot of the minor antagonists to be samey even when they have entirely different motivations. I can't really explain that. I'd really like to see Maruo at least take down on of the big three antagonists (Nabae, Takuma, Araya).

scy

Baby Steps 197

My bad... Jump Shot.

I just haven't been posting much in general. Plus, these chapters haven't had much yet. Okada isn't terribly interesting, unfortunately.

dumbyugi

Speaking of licensed manga, Seven Seas has licensed D-Frag. Source: Their Twitter.
They also got a few more Strike Witches manga, in fact I think they've licensed all the Strike Witches manga now.

Gintama 466-467

Asaemon's dad was a scumbag. Glad to see him get what was coming to him.

Little more info about Gintoki's past is revealed.

Nice to see the fake smiler lose his composure.

These last two titles Hijikata disappeared at the End of the Mayonnaise Lane and Okita also disappeared, at the End of the Total Sadist Lane are pretty funny considering both of them haven't shown up.

Kawaisa Amatte Nanika ga Hyakubai 2+ extra
Bag1Pg9CUAAK8nX.png

Shinobu the younger flower shop owner to save the day and get him out of this nasty affair witht he married man (even pouring water on bosses head). Doing all of that made it a blast and extremely memorable. Hope the other stories in this follow that same thing.

Shouta

AKB49 - 161 (Raw)

And the "power-up' for Yoshinaga is complete. This manga really is all shounen heart with idols, lol. This series really needs an anime. Live-action would be amusing but they'd kill the atmosphere trying to do some cheap, low-budget drama for it.

Kurita

AKB49 - 161 (Raw)

And the "power-up' for Yoshinaga is complete. This manga really is all shounen heart with idols, lol. This series really needs an anime. Live-action would be amusing but they'd kill the atmosphere trying to do some cheap, low-budget drama for it.
Hollywood blockbuster with the real AKB

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 101

Oh great, we're back to awful chapters featuring the Worst Girls.

Shouta

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I'd give it an A-. The 3D was among the best I've seen used on the system, the game was classically fun. The weird part is that I feel I can describe the negatives a lot more than the positives even though I think the game was a top-tier game. That mostly being that the Ravio-rental thing never works out to be a particularly engaging mechanic since you can essentially obtain every item as soon as he shows up with little actual consequence on your wallet. I also found that dungeons to be really easy both puzzle and combat wise; my end stats showed that I died exactly once in the entire game.

FYI, don't go posting game impressions in this thread Grimace. This isn't the place for it.

Wiseblade

Sabotage Mask Vol 14

That's right, I'm picking this back up! I started the TV drama arc from the beginning again to give myself a little refresher on current events and now I've just overtaken my previous stopping point. In what should come as a surprise to nobody, Glass Mask is still great.

FYI, don't go posting game impressions in this thread Grimace. This isn't the place for it.
What about the occasional western comic impression? Same medium, different country of origin.

Defuser

Magi
Interesting to see all of Balbadd got assimilated into the Kou culture.

Speculation : Alibaba is gonna pull a Sinbad and create his own country.

Monster Musume 9

Its hard finding a panel safe enough of Suu to post.

Either she'll have the body of a loli or have big busted tits and will reveal her chest, ass, and everything else the raincoat can barely cover.

bigkrev

15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu 14 (end)

Because it's been so long between chapter releases, I ended up re-reading the whole series before reading this chapter. As a whole, I love the series- it has a very nice juxtaposition of soft, shounen-ai style art with a very violent and fast-paced game, and it works really well. The story has a nice progression to it as well- the mangaka probably knew this wasn't going to be a long series, and structured it in a way that would tell a complete story, having the team play 3 games of rugby.

...except the 3rd game never happens. Instead, this final chapter is a very cheesy and forced way to wrap up the story, and it kinda soured me on the whole experience. It's completely unrealistic, and throws away all of the build-up from the previous 5 chapters. In all honesty, I kinda wish I never read this last chapter.

Series is still worth reading, but you might as well skip the finale.

ryan13ts

Anyone read Nanatsu no Taizai? I started it last week and just caught up and I love it, it's got that perfect mix of shonen tone and medieval setting that I enjoy.

Anyone know of any other good shonen series like this? Not specifically medieval setting, but something along the same lines in terms of pacing and over all tone? I'm always looking to find another series to read,

Anyone read Nanatsu no Taizai? I started it last week and just caught up and I love it, it's got that perfect mix of shonen tone and medieval setting that I enjoy.

Anyone know of any other good shonen series like this? Not specifically medieval setting, but something along the same lines in terms of pacing and over all tone? I'm always looking to find another series to read,
Yeah its really great. The next big series from Kodansha. The anime bump it will get will be HUGE.

15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu 14 (end)

Because it's been so long between chapter releases, I ended up re-reading the whole series before reading this chapter. As a whole, I love the series- it has a very nice juxtaposition of soft, shounen-ai style art with a very violent and fast-paced game, and it works really well. The story has a nice progression to it as well- the mangaka probably knew this wasn't going to be a long series, and structured it in a way that would tell a complete story, having the team play 3 games of rugby.

...except the 3rd game never happens. Instead, this final chapter is a very cheesy and forced way to wrap up the story, and it kinda soured me on the whole experience. It's completely unrealistic, and throws away all of the build-up from the previous 5 chapters. In all honesty, I kinda wish I never read this last chapter.

Series is still worth reading, but you might as well skip the finale.
That's sad. Its always a tragedy when a unique manga dies early. I can only invest so much life force kn Soul Catcher(s) that I cannot divert it elsewhere. 15 could've had a life in Jump SQ to replace one of tje six exorcism mangas in there. What is up with that fetish?
Im tring to learn Japanese to support the mangaka. Tennis was my first obsession.

Seraph of the End Chp 6

JUMP SQ folks always have good colouring going on for their series, seems that at least their three exorcists series I read (BLue Exorcist, this, and the just started Sousei no Onmyouji).

Although the content followed an establish path for action series, the classroom scene when Guren applied the pressured stood out as most memorable as the way it was drawn and how people were falling out left and right was intense. Shiho giving in a bit to it even.

At the end was most surprised that Yoichi fell to the dark side, with Mika already having experienced a bad fate...I would be a bit sad here if Yoichi died and had to be killed. He was a good normal guy for the two other key characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom