• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 730
Amazing, I really didn't expect big mom's fleet to appear.
That's exactly what i said
TlXtk4T.gif

OT but God, that smile brings back memories. I wish someone made a cleaner version of it.

daveo42

Banned
One Piece

Holy shit...

Oda is more than stepping up the crazy this arc with all the things happening:

Big Mam showing up
Fujitora being the new Admiral N/m I'm dumb, thought he meant was the new Fleet Admiral...ignore this
Momonosuke having some additional role in all of this (mythical dragon zoan?)
Caeser's other secret project

The wait each week is going to get progressively worse seeing as how epic upcoming chapters will be.

I remember teeth gnashing last week

Shounen gotta shounen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One Piece 730

What a surprise, Law is not dead. Shit is getting real finally.

I remember teeth gnashing last week, e.g. an argument that went: "Nobody dies in One Piece unless its a flashback." "No fuck you Oda is a master"

R.I.P

One Piece

HOLY SHIT.

Big Mom coming into play was so out of the left field, but really cool.This arc has easily the biggest amount of big players in it since Marineford, will be interesting to see how the strawhats will survive.

Kyuur

One Piece

You know, I guess it makes sense. We were all expecting a 'Big Mom Arc' but she is a yonkou. We know that they supposedly own the second half of the Grand Line, and they're not going to let some little fish stampede around. We saw what Whitebeard did for Ace.

Edit: Zou is where Law's crew is right? Sanji and co. will team up with them to fight off Big Mom for now I bet.

Sinthetic

Guys, I'm not a huge Manga reader... But I had to come in and tell you about the awesome Uzumaki Complete Manga I bought and how much I loved it. It was a fantastic read and I finished it in 1 sitting. Pick it up!

E2FyD9Q.jpg

One Piece

Why did anyone expect Law to be dead? Honestly.

That being said, this chapter though ngh..

Fishman island was sort of a weird entry into the new world as it felt very safe and whatever, but I'm shocked to see how ever since the end of it we've run into a continous stream of arcs that flow into eachother with chaos and complexion like never before.

Punk Hazard had it's up and down moments but I can't help but feel like all of it was worth it without a doubt when I see how the set pieces built up make the New World spiral further and further into an absurd chaos I've never seen before in One Piece.

I'm shocked to see that the thousand sunny crew will probably stay away from the conclusion of this arc and set off into the distance, but it does clean the stage a lot for the stuff in dressrosa to feel a lot more intense. the Straw Hats no longer have one of their top 3 fighters around yet they're facing off against a shichibukai, his entire crew, an admiral & whatever else this arc has in store for us.

One Piece
Chapter was amazing with some many big name players .
Things are about to get even more crazy and there is no telling what going to happen next .
The wait going to be long .

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Hell. Yes.
Everything is falling into place. Let the carnage commence!

Also, "I am a ship"

I don't really see why anyone reads any of the big 3 expecting realistic or proper character deaths.

They're all horrible at it in their own way.

Mr. Fix

OP

Said, damn. It's just been mostly unpredictable since the climax of Punk Hazard. I hope we get to see Kaido up in here too later on.

Edit: Zou is where Law's crew is right? Sanji and co. will team up with them to fight off Big Mom for now I bet.

Sanji and Bepo vs. Tamago and Pekoms then?

Akito

several spoilers are out and they all look similar so people are going on that.
I meant the chapter after that :(
Yeah, I was being facetious

Guys, I'm not a huge Manga reader... But I had to come in and tell you about the awesome Uzumaki Complete Manga I bought and how much I loved it. It was a fantastic read and I finished it in 1 sitting. Pick it up!

E2FyD9Q.jpg
Hard cover eh, pretty cool, unfortunately I'm already purchasing the German version.

So what's the deal now, schedule wise? Nothing for a couple of weeks? I always forget how it goes.

Officially there will be 2 2-weeks breaks shortly after another

#01: Dec. 2nd
#02: Dec. 9th
#03: Dec. 16th
#04-05: Dec. 21st (Saturday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday for Emperor's Birthday)
Jump Next! 2014 Winter: Dec. 27th
#06-07: Jan. 4th
#08: Jan. 20th

OP has gone back to being unpredictable, which is a great thing. Law not dying was obvious though, and the right thing. It would be a bit of anti-climax if he was offed like that.

daveo42

Banned
Ok, so it looks like we are shaping up for Fujitora vs Zoro, Luffy vs Mango, Kinemon vs old samurai buddy maybe on the island.

I think the big force of DF's crew will end up being at the Smile factory where they'll end up facing off with Robin, Usopp, Franky, and the dwarves. Also hoping for something bigger than just a ship battle between Big Mam and the SHs. You know, chopper could go all beast mode on Mam's deck if he wanted...

Edit: Holy crap, completely forgot about the tournament and what'll end up happening with Jesus, Rebecca, and the other fighters left over, including the King, who hasn't been turned into a toy yet (at least it hasn't been shown).

So from One Piece, the crew is separated for the remainder of the Arc?

Wonder how that'll play out.

Exactly how it ALWAYS plays out when the crew separates.

Seriously.

The Crew getting separated for one reason or another is practically a requirement for any new arc in OP.

My favorite chapters of OP are ALWAYS when the crew is together just sailing the ocean, talking about whatever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ok how does this ship stuff work? I mean if he or it ate a fruit it shouldn't work once it touches water right?

Why do you think the ship is a Devil Fruit user?
It could be a machine. One Piece is crazy anachronistic, and Big Mom is an Emperor, it's very likely she has access to that technology.

Shouta

What about the occasional western comic impression? Same medium, different country of origin.

If it's kind of pertinent to a manga you're reading, sure. But if it's just the western comic itself, then they have monthly threads for it.

On topic, so-
oh my goodness gracious, where did she come from, that last page, that last page, that no glasses look

Every time with this series I think it's starting to stagnate a bit, a few chapters later everything that seemed like they were disconnected connects and sucks me back in. Excellent pacing, despite how quickly the chapters zips by.

Yeah. The passing is really amazing and uses the shounen power-up formula perfectly to grow the characters and keep it interesting. It's making perfect use of the Red Oni/Blue Oni concept and even mirrors the image of the two biggest AKB stars during their "height," Oshima and Maeda.

Ok, so it looks like we are shaping up for Fujitora vs Zoro, Luffy vs Mango, Kinemon vs old samurai buddy maybe on the island.

I think the big force of DF's crew will end up being at the Smile factory where they'll end up facing off with Robin, Usopp, Franky, and the dwarves. Also hoping for something bigger than just a ship battle between Big Mam and the SHs. You know, chopper could go all beast mode on Mam's deck if he wanted...

Edit: Holy crap, completely forgot about the tournament and what'll end up happening with Jesus, Rebecca, and the other fighters left over, including the King, who hasn't been turned into a toy yet (at least it hasn't been shown).
Zoro can only how to keep Fujitora occupied if so. O way he defeats an Admiral before Luffy.

One Piece

With the Thousand Sunny leaving, question is, who joins the crew with another ship? Bart? Dwarf rebellion successful? Or is Luffy going to start going New World style and own two ships???

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

With the Thousand Sunny leaving, question is, who joins the crew with another ship? Bart? Dwarf rebellion successful? Or is Luffy going to start going New World style and own two ships???

Could be Law's crew and/or ship are being held on the island somewhere and they can use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom