• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental gymnastics?

Come on Beam...you have more gold medals in mental gymnastics than Michael Phelps.

I like Bleach for what it is and nothing more, but you take it to asinine levels.

Mr. Fix

Beam, you might want to tone it down with the knee-jerk reaction you're obviously having right now. Everyone here knows why you're going off, and if OP had been a regular chapter this week, you'd undoubtedly be neutral about it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Finished catching up to Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, still one of the most fun shoujo romcoms right now, Uka-sama is the best

tumblr_mqchhcgitO1spa6q3o5_500.gif

Eww this reminds me why I dropped the OP anime since the Fisherman Island arc.

Beam, you might want to tone it down with the knee-jerk reaction you're obviously having right now. Everyone here knows why you're going off, and if OP had been a regular chapter this week, you'd undoubtedly be neutral about it.
Last week's chapter was a 100 times better as far as I am concerned and made a much better sense, and i only praised the chapter. This chapter does not make sense and Sabo's return is nothing more than plot device or shock value especially since Robin was in the revolutionary army and know Koala and Sabo. But apparently everyone should the same thing this chapter lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hell's kitchen 25

I don't quite understand why what the scientist dude is doing isn't considered cooking, but sure, whatever.

Mr. Fix

Last week's chapter was a 100 times better as far as I am concerned and made a much better sense, and i only praised the chapter. This chapter does not make sense and Sabo's return is nothing more than plot device or shock value especially since Robin was in the revolutionary army and know Koala. But apparently everyone should the same thing this chapter lol.

Well I mean, if it would be any arc, this would be the one where Sabo's (inevitable) return would make sense, especially with Doflamingo's roots still on the plate.

As for why Robin didn't tell Luffy about Sabo, I'd say give it time to see whether or not Sabo advised against it. Either way, there obviously would be less of an impact and it'd feel out of place just to mention it out of the blue (any time between post-time skip and now).

And on the other front, I've also noticed that you had nothing to say on the matter of Rose having explained his ability (at least not with all these oda/op gifs taking up the space), and for Mask to outright react on that. That in itself almost felt like a 4th wall joke. Surely you would have to call bs on that too, no?

Yeah... What the hell happened there? How could that even work? PEACE.

Yeah I'm wondering how he did that too. Maybe its something to do with the rinnegan being connected to Madara's chakra (black zetsu).

Oh god, I didn't know Manga gaf had fanboy wars -____-. I've never seen this side of you.

Eww this reminds me why I dropped the OP anime since the Fisherman Island arc.

It reminds me why I never got into the series. The art style was just too off putting and in my opinion ugly.

Finished catching up to Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, still one of the most fun shoujo romcoms right now, Uka-sama is the best

I just want to see the brother get with Uka.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Last week's chapter was a 100 times better as far as I am concerned and made a much better sense, and i only praised the chapter. This chapter does not make sense and Sabo's return is nothing more than plot device or shock value especially since Robin was in the revolutionary army and know Koala and Sabo. But apparently everyone should the same thing this chapter lol.

Well, for whatever its worth I am not as bedazzled as most others by this chapter as well. Seems so... I don't know.... what's the word opposite flabbergasting and such and such?

I am not capable of sounding my bleh-ness towards this chapter as fluent as you though! Hahaha.

Yeah I'm wondering how he did that too. Maybe its something to do with the rinnegan being connected to Madara's chakra (black zetsu).

Oh god, I didn't know Manga gaf had fanboy wars -____-. I've never seen this side of you.

It reminds me why I never got into the series. The art style was just too off putting and in my opinion ugly.

I just want to see the brother get with Uka.

Only on Wednesdays and maybe Thursday.

Yeah Oda's art is still rough but when you read Yu Yu Hakusho and HXH, you learn to deal with the bad art lol.

dumbyugi

Keijo!!!!!!!! 1

Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

This is pretty much exactly what the description says. The main character seems fun as do the other characters who seem like they'll be important. The art is pretty nice as well. One character in the pro match uses a move she called Ass Gatling, just so you know what type of series this will be. The matches seem to be mostly focused on butts but I'm sure breasts will get there time to shine in the future.

Well, for whatever its worth I am not as bedazzled as most others by this chapter as well. Seems so... I don't know.... what's the word opposite flabbergasting and such and such?

I am not capable of sounding my bleh-ness towards this chapter as fluent as you though! Hahaha.

Nah, his is about a couple of parsecs away from indifference...more like the troll at the centre of a blackhole

Kurita

Oda is definitely one of my favorite artists. His color pages are often gorgeous, and I just love his whimsical universe and the overall style of his characters. Charming, a bit childish. That's one of the reasons One Piece has a soft spot in my heart.
The little kid in me always find the stuff he comes up with amazing.

Deep

Well I mean, if it would be any arc, this would be the one where Sabo's (inevitable) return would make sense, especially with Doflamingo's roots still on the plate.

As for why Robin didn't tell Luffy about Sabo, I'd say give it time to see whether or not Sabo advised against it. Either way, there obviously would be less of an impact and it'd feel out of place just to mention it out of the blue (any time between post-time skip and now).

And on the other front, I've also noticed that you had nothing to say on the matter of Rose having explained his ability (at least not with all these oda/op gifs taking up the space), and for Mask to outright react on that. That in itself almost felt like a 4th wall joke. Surely you would have to call bs on that too, no?
Sure i dislike how in Bleach people explain their power. I mentioned many times how i dislike the interaction between the SH. The interaction is very shallow and meaningless for the most part. It really annoys me and i think it is really a wasted potential to not discuss strategies or more personal issues with each other for the most part. When Luffy made the code pre time skip that they will meet 2 years later, it really came out of no where. Stuff like that annoy me because the crew is always together yet they barely interact with each other in a meaningful matter.

Reknoc

Oda is definitely one of my favorite artists. His color pages are often gorgeous, and I just love his whimsical universe and the overall style of his characters. Charming, a bit childish. That's one of the reasons One Piece has a soft spot in my heart.
The little kid in me always find the stuff he comes up with amazing.

Deep

+1

I love it, but I can see why people probably can't dig it.

So its basically when Naruto, Bleach and OP come out?

Mostly yes. If a manga suddenly took a huge turn and some people liked it or didn't like it then some disagreements happen. It almost always happens for the Big 3. Sometimes it happens for other mangas such as Aunt Tits and Food Smut.

Its mostly white noise though and its actually fun to read some of the ridiculous things said in each post. Of course it gets bad sometimes but Dresden and others mods keep it cool here. I don't remember the last time someone was banned in this thread for posting lol.

Anyways I can see why you and other people don't like the art style Oda draws. I don't mind for the most part. Its when its hectic in the chapters that things are confusing to look for and figure out. Sometimes speech bubbles end up misplaced and conversations come out weird until you read it right.

So Psycho_Mantis, what do you read?

I really dig Oda's cartoony and childish looking style. It's really unique and sets itself apart from a lot of different art styles imo

and I feel like this (sorta) recent color spread is a pretty good example of how cool his art is

oh and this one too where all the strawhats look like they're in a kung fu movie

The only real problem with Oda's art is the fact that he decides to make way too many female characters Nami2.

Kinda like Kubo's Aizen problem.

Just wait until Oda does more Wanted! even though a lot of the ideas were used by Watsuki in Gun Blaze West. Jump editors caught wind lf this and cancelled the series....

upandaway

The only real problem with Oda's art is the fact that he decides to make way too many female characters Nami2.
And it's a really silly limitation too because whenever he gender bends his male characters, they naturally look like they could've been good unique females. It's just weird.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
And it's a really silly limitation too because whenever he gender bends his male characters, they naturally look like they could've been good unique females. It's just weird.

A casual glance at the majority of OP routine and you can see what his audience wants.

ElyrionX

First time ever in this thread but I heard that the Slam Dunk manga will be coming back and picking up where it left off . Is this true?

A casual glance at the majority of OP routine and you can see what his audience wants.

Can't really say that since the audience for OP is huge and older .

As for OP art i remember when i first start to read it the art was simple , less detail etc etc.
He has really gotten better and i enjoy it much more now.
As for female characters Oda has gotten lazy when it comes to that you can see from AL arc and his gender bends he can be much better if he wants to .

Last point on Robin telling Luffy about Sabo they could be many reasons just a few are .
How would robin even know about Sabo when the flashback happen none of the SH were there .
Why would Sabo tell Robin who he is , he was alive for years and could have told Ace and Luffy anytime he wanted .
Even if she found out it's not her place to say anything .

EDIT don't see Slam Dunk starting back , Inoue has enough problems finishing the mangas he doing now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom